Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Tokusatsu

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Aren't most tokusatsu characters too powerful for most Western comic characters?
    Not from what I've seen. Most Western Comic characters surpass tokusatsu in power levels.

Anyway, I've mostly been a Power Rangers guy but I have enjoyed what little I saw of sentai, especially the team up movie. I also liked Kamen Rider Dragon Knight and was sad we may not be getting another American Kamen RIder Series.

But if I were to adapt more Kamen Rider Series to the U.S, here's what I'd name them:

Kamen Rider Faiz - Masked Rider Photon

Kamen Rider Blade - Masked Rider Edge

Kamen Rider Hibiki - Masked Rider Echo

Kamen R Ider Kabuto - Masked Rider Chronos

Kamen Rider Den-O - Masked Rider Tracks

Kamen Rider Kiva - Masked Rider Plasma

Kamen Rider Decade - Masked Rider Ten

Kamen Rider OOO - Masked Rider Chimera

Kamen Rider Fourze - Masked Rider Rocket

Kamen Rider Wizard - Masked Rider Warlock

Kamen Rider Gaim - Masked Rider Orange

Kamen Rider Drive - Masked Rider Throttle

Kamen Rider Ghost - Masked Rider Spirit

Kamen Rider Kuga - Masked Rider Nova

Kamen Rider Agito - Masked Rider Evo

Kamen Rider W - Masked Rider Gemini

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid - Masked Rider Triage

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Aren't most tokusatsu characters too powerful for most Western comic characters?
    Character like Kamen Rider Kuuga whose Ultimate Form Rider Kick can allegedly crack the earth if he used it. Decade is also pretty overpowered in his final form since he can use all the powers of his predecessors' final forms.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Not insanity, genius, although there is a thin line between them. I have some friends I'm helping with a "Kamen Rider Drive joins the Avengers" fanfiction, partly inspired by the Avengers anime by Toei and the actor for Drive being a huge Marvel fan, apparently. I could also see Kamen Rider Decade as a member of the Exiles (hell, I'm writing a fic with an Omniversal Exiles that now includes Decade) or teaming up with the Web Warriors of the Multiverse. Kamen Rider Kabuto with the Flash would be a perfect fit, since they're both super-fast heroes in red and time travel is a significant plot point in their stories, though I could see Spider-Man as well since there was a scorpion-based Rider and one of Spider-Man's classic foes is the Scorpion.
    Why, thank you very much! You're too kind!

The Kamen Rider Drive joining the Avengers story sounds really interesting and intriguing, so does the Exiles and Decade story; I would to read them when they are ready.

Thank you again.

I don't know if you've seen this or not, but here's Yuuki Sato (Arata Kagami) showing how accurate Bandai's products are.

Here's another one with Kohei Murakami (Masato Kusaka) showing how Bandai's product is a little too accurate at the end.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Character like Kamen Rider Kuuga whose Ultimate Form Rider Kick can allegedly crack the earth if he used it. Decade is also pretty overpowered in his final form since he can use all the powers of his predecessors' final forms.
    Hmm, Ultimate Kuuga versus World Breaker Hulk would be a fun battle to see. Granted, they probably would destroy the planet in the process, but at least it'd be a spectacular fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Why, thank you very much! You're too kind!

The Kamen Rider Drive joining the Avengers story sounds really interesting and intriguing, so does the Exiles and Decade story; I would to read them when they are ready.

Thank you again.
    You're welcome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Now a question in Kamen Rider. After watching Build's recent episodes about the Hazard Forms which Kamen Rider's Henshin Trinket or Item with the most Dangerous power and Side effect?

The Arcle in Kamen Rider Kuuga
    G4 Armour in Kamen Rider Agito
    Faiz, Kaixa and Delta Gear from Kamen Rider Faiz/555
    Category King cards in Kamen Rider Blade
    Zero Buckle from Kamen Rider Den-O
    The Kivats from Kamen Rider Kiva
    Fang Memory from Kamen Rider Double/W
    The Purple Dinosaur Core Medals from Kamen Rider OOO
    Kiwami Lockseed from Kamen Rider Gaim
    Deadheat Shift Car/Signal Bike from Kamen Rider Drive
    Deep Specter Eyecon from Kamen Rider Ghost
    Dangerous Zombie Gashat or the Proto-Gashats from Ex-Aid

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

My favorite is Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

This is probably a good place to ask this: 20-25~ish years back I saw this, definitely tokusatsu-type, movie on some monster/horror movie show thing, and trying to figure it out all these years later I think the movie I watched was one of the live action Guyver films (probably...maybe). Since my childhood idea of interesting movie quality can't be trusted, is the live action Guyver film/s any good?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    I've been in this community for a month in the beginning

I was finding a thread that discuss Toku related stuff (Power Rangers, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Ultraman, Godzilla, etc.)

if there is a thread please notice me
    Well there's a Power Rangers thread, but beyond talking about how whichever season is current compares to its sentai counterpart, its mostly JUST Power Rangers.

After RPM ended I watched the Sentai that occurred after Go-Onger until Samurai debuted. I really hate the two season thing cause a lot of Sentai is going unused.

As for Kamen Rider: Saban trademarked the name "Power Rider" shortly after getting the rights to Power Rangers back, and the assumption was he'd translate Kamen Rider like he does Power Rangers. Alas, nothing has come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    This is probably a good place to ask this: 20-25~ish years back I saw this, definitely tokusatsu-type, movie on some monster/horror movie show thing, and trying to figure it out all these years later I think the movie I watched was one of the live action Guyver films (probably...maybe). Since my childhood idea of interesting movie quality can't be trusted, is the live action Guyver film/s any good?
    The first Guyver movie sucks but the sequel, Dark Hero, is a massive improvement and is actually a pretty solid toku style movie.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    The first Guyver movie sucks but the sequel, Dark Hero, is a massive improvement and is actually a pretty solid toku style movie.
    And the guy behind it, Steve Wang, was later responsible for Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, which adapted Kamen Rider Ryuki, and was, at least in my opinion, pretty solid, too. Given the events and backstory therein, I thought of it as kind of a deconstruction of Power Rangers, in that being selected for a life of battling the forces of evil could turn out to be more of a curse than a gift, all the villain needed to do was exploit human flaws and weaknesses to get his Riders to knowingly or unknowingly betray their own planet instead of brainwashing them into compliance, Earth governments wouldn't take nearly so kindly to alien tech-enhanced humans fighting a secret war in their country/on their planet and would treat them as a possible threat, and going back to human flaws and weaknesses, not everybody given the means to transform into a powerful warrior would use that ability for good. Oh, and spoilers:
    the heroes' mentor figure is a former ally of the villain who grew a conscience and formed the Kamen Riders to atone for his past and stop his former superior from destroying or conquering more worlds.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Wrecked.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And the guy behind it, Steve Wang, was later responsible for Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, which adapted Kamen Rider Ryuki, and was, at least in my opinion, pretty solid, too. Given the events and backstory therein, I thought of it as kind of a deconstruction of Power Rangers, in that being selected for a life of battling the forces of evil could turn out to be more of a curse than a gift, all the villain needed to do was exploit human flaws and weaknesses to get his Riders to knowingly or unknowingly betray their own planet instead of brainwashing them into compliance, Earth governments wouldn't take nearly so kindly to alien tech-enhanced humans fighting a secret war in their country/on their planet and would treat them as a possible threat, and going back to human flaws and weaknesses, not everybody given the means to transform into a powerful warrior would use that ability for good. Oh, and spoilers:
    the heroes' mentor figure is a former ally of the villain who grew a conscience and formed the Kamen Riders to atone for his past and stop his former superior from destroying or conquering more worlds.
    end of spoilers
    The funny thing about Dragon Knight is that it's kind of what got me into Kamen Rider but, watching it, I always felt like I wished I was enjoying it more then I actually was. Like it had a lot of potential but it just didn't utilize it as well as it could have.

I enjoyed Ryuki more but I watched Ryuki long after I had seen Dragon Knight.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

KAMEN RIDER began here:

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014