Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tokusatsu

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Um, let's move onto something more positive.

Let's us congratulate Kamer Rider Gaim for having the first . . . uh . . . okay, I don't know what's the right word to describe Oren Pierre Alfonzo (Kamen Rider Bravo) and I'm afraid to guess the right word because I'm afraid I'll be yelled at if I'm wrong.

However, let us congratulate Kamer Rider Gaium for being the first showing a character like Oren Pierre Alfonzo.

Hard Gay would be a fun rider.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Anybody excited Lupinranger VS Patranger's debut tonight
    Caught the first episode, not bad. I haven't watched a Sentai on a weekly bases since Gokaiger. I haven't watched a sentai without dropping it since then as well. I still don't think either of those things will change, but we'll see. LOL.

Astonishing Member

Finally got caught up on Kyuuranger. What a finale! There's actually a strange kind of fatalism to a lot of it.

What kind of gets me though is that no one brings up how young Koutarou is before he rushes off to potentially meet his demise. Even in the quiet moment before the last battle no one brings it up. Instead, he poses that age old shonen protagonist question "Have I become stronger?". I don't know if this is common in Japanese children's TV but if it is I'm a bit jealous. I'm just kind of thinking back to watching the X-Men cartoon on Fox where the older characters would continually sideline Jubilee and how she'd have to give a little speech in which she explained how important being an X-Man was to her before they let her do anything.

Watched Lupinranger vs. Patranger ep. 2
    i like the dynamic between both teams at least we got backstory for the thieves, PatrenUgo really reminds me Den-O Climax Form all over again.
    Last edited by DragonKent17; 02-22-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Does anybody watched Kamen Rider Amazons Season 1 and 2?
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Does anybody watched Kamen Rider Amazons Season 1 and 2?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    That 2min clip was better and a far better tribute to Power Rangers history than the entirety of Super Megaforce ever was.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

DZOt0jVVwAA-4_1.jpg

Scans showing of the next Ultraman. Seems to resemble Triple-Fighter.

Also I got a SHF Ryuki Survive at a comic store. I wish I could get more Ryuki riders but they're so pricey. :/

I've been catching up on Kamen Rider Build, at first I felt there was a major tone problem, but it seems to have fixed that. I like how it goes from a simple show and then it starts to spiral out of control.

All-New Member

Anyone here that watches all the Heisei Kamen Rider series from Kuuga - Build? If so, which one you like best and why?

Also, which one you think is the worst series?

I have watched Power Rangers from MMPR to Mystic Force. I plan to continue one day down the road but been hearing some very bad reviews on like Operation Overdrive, RPM, Megaforce - is it really that bad?

Should I watch Sentai instead? But the only Sentai season I ever watched is Mirai Sentai Timeranger.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkmage02 View Post
    Anyone here that watches all the Heisei Kamen Rider series from Kuuga - Build? If so, which one you like best and why?

I have watched Power Rangers from MMPR to Mystic Force. I plan to continue one day down the road but been hearing some very bad reviews on like Operation Overdrive, RPM, Megaforce - is it really that bad?

Should I watch Sentai instead? But the only Sentai season I ever watched is Mirai Sentai Timeranger.
    The one I liked the least was Faiz mainly because of how a lot of the plot was done by having the characters go through ridiculous misunderstandings thanks to Masato Kusaka. The ones I liked the most were Den-O and Kiva as they had pretty good stories they had a great deal of enjoyable comedy and I really felt for a lot of characters. I once only watched Kamen Rider but gradually switched over to Sentai but I am not willing to divide myself like that you can watch both Sentai and Kamen Rider if you wish.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

From what I understand, RPM was one of the best-received series. One reason being that it was feared that PR would be canceled, so everyone on the crew pulled out all the stops.

Plus, you get to see Eka Darville as the Red Ranger, and he's currently doing great work on Jessica Jones.

Operation Overdrive had a lot of potential but kind of squandered it. I feel like it's not among the worst, but more like below average.

But my hate for Megaforce/Super Megaforce knows no bounds. They had unprecedented prep time and awesome source material and all this fan-generated goodwill going in and they pulled out *all* the shortcuts. It had one goal from the start, which it advertised before it was even in development -- be a tribute season to the history of PR -- and it outright forgot entire teams in the name of terrible budget management, acting, directing, writing, etc.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    From what I understand, RPM was one of the best-received series. One reason being that it was feared that PR would be canceled, so everyone on the crew pulled out all the stops.

Plus, you get to see Eka Darville as the Red Ranger, and he's currently doing great work on Jessica Jones.

Operation Overdrive had a lot of potential but kind of squandered it. I feel like it's not among the worst, but more like below average.

But my hate for Megaforce/Super Megaforce knows no bounds. They had unprecedented prep time and awesome source material and all this fan-generated goodwill going in and they pulled out *all* the shortcuts. It had one goal from the start, which it advertised before it was even in development -- be a tribute season to the history of PR -- and it outright forgot entire teams in the name of terrible budget management, acting, directing, writing, etc.
    Ahhh maybe it wasn't RPM, I might have gotten it wrong. Jungle Fury I think?

Damnn that's a waste tho. From the sound of it Megaforce had so much potential, and could be a real trip down memory lane. I've read the original Sentai version is so much better. Kamen Rider did something similar with Decade, but to me I felt that Decade is a good example of when a writer couldn't give much **** anymore, even tho the premise of Decade sounds promising. It's messy, loud, and couldn't even pull of a good ending.

I don't mind spoiler so mind explaining further what you mean with " it outright forgot entire teams in the name of terrible budget management, acting, directing, writing, etc."?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    The one I liked the least was Faiz mainly because of how a lot of the plot was done by having the characters go through ridiculous misunderstandings thanks to Masato Kusaka. The ones I liked the most were Den-O and Kiva as they had pretty good stories they had a great deal of enjoyable comedy and I really felt for a lot of characters. I once only watched Kamen Rider but gradually switched over to Sentai but I am not willing to divide myself like that you can watch both Sentai and Kamen Rider if you wish.

For me I really like Faiz cause it has a great story, cool Riders and monsters. My only gripe is the ending felt rushed and was rather ambiguous, it could really benefit from a 2nd season imo but we didn't get any (KR isn't fan of doing 2nd season or sequels, at least not for Heisei era - with exception of web only Amazons)

I agree that I too felt alot for the characters of Den-O and Kiva. They made me laugh, cry and I felt heavily invested. And I really like how the 2nd half of Den-O & Kiva made the characters really vulnerable, like you don't really feel any of them is safe (except for the main) and that they could die.

My top picks are Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Den-O, Kiva, W, Gaim

Worst series for me: Hibiki, Decade, Ghost

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

For me I really like Faiz cause it has a great story, cool Riders and monsters. My only gripe is the ending felt rushed and was rather ambiguous, it could really benefit from a 2nd season imo but we didn't get any (KR isn't fan of doing 2nd season or sequels, at least not for Heisei era - with exception of web only Amazons)

I agree that I too felt alot for the characters of Den-O and Kiva. They made me laugh, cry and I felt heavily invested. And I really like how the 2nd half of Den-O & Kiva made the characters really vulnerable, like you don't really feel any of them is safe (except for the main) and that they could die.

My top picks are Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Den-O, Kiva, W, Gaim

Worst series for me: Hibiki, Decade, Ghost
    Well Faiz for me felt somewhat boring because the characters didn't quite click well with me despite having some cool suits and abilities and the Orphnoch's reason for having Smart Brain as front wasn't quite elaborated upon because why do they want they want to rule the world when they can change into human forms. They have roughly 50 episodes per series I think Kamen Rider planned more wisely a lot can be less rushed. I wouldn't rank Decade in the same league as Ghost in terms of horrible. Tsukasa unlike Takeru had a personality. Bu they had one thing in common two series with exciting concepts but they just didn't deliver. Decade wouldn't just use the original actors instead of creating lame alternate versions of them. Ghost abandoned the Eyecon concept too quickly instead wasted it on a fairly boring plot that had little to do with the Eyecons. Hibiki i would say was great it just didn't get horrible until the middle of the series where most of the established lore was abandoned. Also your top picks ar epretty much my top picks. But like Kuuga Agito had an interesting lore that they never expanded and unlike Kuuga Agito lacked supplementary materials to help flesh out the lore. Blade made better use of their lore though i do find the ending for it questionable a little.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-04-2018 at 02:26 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he