Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tokusatsu

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Attachment 63914

Scans showing of the next Ultraman. Seems to resemble Triple-Fighter.
    I like when Ultras have distinct head shapes, instead of just being differentiated by over-busy costumes with lots of extra doo-dads and detail lines.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

There's this new anime on Netflix called Sword Gai. I'm getting a cool too vibe from it
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Hurricane Blue, DekaYellow, and MagiPink respective actress will return to explore the delicate balance of saving the world and raising their families.
    Super Sentai Hero Mama.jpg
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Whoa! Hell yea, I haven't seen MagiPink in the hottest of minutes. I never finished Hurri, but would drool over w/e Nao did after and Deka Yellow is one of the greats.

I like how these "10 years" after specials are coming out, and now seemingly spinning off into other mini continuations. I actually haven't watched any of them, sadly but I'll make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Hurricane Blue, DekaYellow, and MagiPink respective actress will return to explore the delicate balance of saving the world and raising their families.
    Super Sentai Hero Mama.jpg
    God, we're getting old. Rangers having kids isn't new, but having them form their own soccer mom's club really drives the point home.

But they still got it. I can't wait to see them again.

The fact that Go-Onger will have it's "10 Years After" special thsi year as well

The Next Ultraman of this year is an oddball where this time two Main ultra will be like LupinRanger Vs. PatRanger two heros sharing this season's title. And it will be a throwback of early Heisei Ultra shows with secondary ultra (i.e. Agul and Hikari) Ultraman Rosso (the red one with the dual horns of the left) and Ultraman Blu (the blue one with the single horn on the right) and will have changing forms based on elements (Fire, Water, Wind and Earth) and they're brothers

DarqXcuUQAAYPPq.jpg

Also Ultraman Orb will return in this new season like Zero he will get a new version of his Transforming Device. and a evil form called Orb Dark will appear as well
    1523872355695.jpg
    Last edited by DragonKent17; 04-16-2018 at 05:08 AM.
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm

Join the fun of Earth-27

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    God, we're getting old. Rangers having kids isn't new, but having them form their own soccer mom's club really drives the point home.

But they still got it. I can't wait to see them again.

Didn't Super Sentai start in the 70's? It's been old
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Didn't Super Sentai start in the 70's? It's been old
    Yes, it's been old. But how many of them from the 70s or 80s came back with their children to denote their ages?

Sure, we have Timeranger, but even then that was thanks to time-hijinks and it wasn't until an episode of Gokaiger many years later where we got to see that. Other Sentai showed their descendants, but it's usually those same cast members in different clothes or makeup, and with the passage of time as nothing more than a plot device.

Put it this way -- you grow up with your heroes. They age at the same rate as you do. Sometimes they hit the same landmarks in life like you do. But a parents' club of superheroes from different teams is definitely new to the franchise because it's one way of showing concrete examples of their age.

Akaranger can (and has) come back as a senior citizen and as the Elder Statesman of Sentai. Sure. But it's never long enough to find out what he's been doing in life in general -- did he get married? Did he go for an advanced degree? Does he have children? Did he remain as an adventurer? Is he retired professionally like his superhero life? Etc. etc. Someone of the audience who's the same age or grew up with Akaranger still understandably loves them, but those landmarks go along way towards connecting the audience even further to the hero -- which is one of the main selling points of the 10 Years Later series.

My favorite Sentai is Jetman and that's old as hell so it doesn't seem to bad to me

My favorite Sentai is Jetman and that's old as hell so it doesn't seem to bad to me
    Same it's actually a hard tie with Dairanger. Flashman may be up there too, but then the list goes on.

Man Kamen Rider Build is starting to be solid by every episode, Props to the writting staff for this.

So in episode 31 got a big plot twist of the week got Banjou Ryuga a.k.a Kamen Rider Cross-Z a.k.a the biggest dumbass of the show is revealed as a human hybrid of extraterrestial origin/Test Subject to Namba Industries when he was child and the big part Sento/Katsuragi's father was involved. Cross-Z Magma is stating to become my favourite list Secondary Rider's Final Forms especially that Henshin Sequence and that Finishing Move/Hissatsu Waza looks epic.
    Last edited by DragonKent17; 04-16-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Join the fun of Earth-27

Old shouldn't automatically denote as bad. There's plenty of older and classic sentai that still holds up today.

Liveman probably still has one of the best first episodes in all of Sentai, even to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Old shouldn't automatically denote as bad. There's plenty of older and classic sentai that still holds up today.

Liveman probably still has one of the best first episodes in all of Sentai, even to this day.
    Agreed.

I don't remember much from Live, but I do remember a pregnant lady, the villains breaking the fourth wall to show their monster augmentations at the end, and a really palpable feeling of fear and terror. The feeling from that first episode stayed with me for a long time.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    The fact that Go-Onger will have it's "10 Years After" special thsi year as well

The Next Ultraman of this year is an oddball where this time two Main ultra will be like LupinRanger Vs. PatRanger two heros sharing this season's title. And it will be a throwback of early Heisei Ultra shows with secondary ultra (i.e. Agul and Hikari) Ultraman Rosso (the red one with the dual horns of the left) and Ultraman Blu (the blue one with the single horn on the right) and will have changing forms based on elements (Fire, Water, Wind and Earth) and they're brothers

DarqXcuUQAAYPPq.jpg

Also Ultraman Orb will return in this new season like Zero he will get a new version of his Transforming Device. and a evil form called Orb Dark will appear as well
    1523872355695.jpg
    Very excited for this series, I'll be picking up the gimmick. It seems fun.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Same it's actually a hard tie with Dairanger. Flashman may be up there too, but then the list goes on.
    I wonder if anyone can figure out my favorite sentai.