Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Elektra #4 Spoilers -

This is the penultimate issue of the first arc, and it is fantastic.

Elektra soon realizes that the vision of her mother is false, and befire drowning she rescues Kento and makes it to the surface.

On their way to the arctic, Bloody Lips engages them in a thrilling aerial battle that sees Elektra making further use if her jet pack as she leaps to BL's ship, plants some grenades, and flies back out as his ride e plodes (sidenote, we do see Lady Bullseye being kept alive on the ship).

As Elektra lands near her own crashed ship, Cape Crow makes his appearance.

A great issue. This series feels much more action-adventure/sci-fi than straight up Assassin-y, and I love it.

As usual, art and writing knock it out of thd park.

Was another fun issue. I liked how they depicted possible other lives for both Bloody Lips and Elektra. Really hoping Bloody Lips is kept alive as he's good new addition as a bad guy.

Another brilliant issue from Blackman and Del Mundo! I loved the juxtaposition of Elektra and Bloody Lips but I am curious as to who or what was in their minds as they were close to death? Is it a spirit connected to Schicheng or some thing that has been stalking the killers? I think that Lady Bullseye is going to be quite disfigured when she eventually gets away from Bloody Lips. And we finally meet Cape Crow!
    If i have one minor complaint is that perhaps the colour palette used for this issue was a bit dark and murky in places; but it didn't detract from my enjoyment one bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Was another fun issue. I liked how they depicted possible other lives for both Bloody Lips and Elektra. Really hoping Bloody Lips is kept alive as he's good new addition as a bad guy.
    They absolutely need to keep Bloody Lips.

BTW, I never thought I'd see Elektra using holographic targeting systems screaming not getting through a reulsor field, lol! I love how Blackman isn't making this book as stereotypical as it could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    They absolutely need to keep Bloody Lips.

BTW, I never thought I'd see Elektra using holographic targeting systems screaming not getting through a reulsor field, lol! I love how Blackman isn't making this book as stereotypical as it could have been.
    Blackman said he would be moving her beyond her normal stomping rounds and he is doing it expertly!

Good issue. Del Mundo's art wasn't as polished as the previous three in some places but I'm nitpicking LOL, it was still stellar.
    Enjoyed the story very much. She's now stumbling upon a second foe (the telepath). I think the guy at the end might just be Cape Crow.

*sigh* Saddened that my favorite books don't seem to do well on the sales charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Good issue. Del Mundo's art wasn't as polished as the previous three in some places but I'm nitpicking LOL, it was still stellar.
    Enjoyed the story very much. She's now stumbling upon a second foe (the telepath). I think the guy at the end might just be Cape Crow.

*sigh* Saddened that my favorite books don't seem to do well on the sales charts.
    Tell me about it! Why wont people buy this amazing book? I can't believe it fell out of the top 100 last month!

A quick read, but the art sure was pretty.

This was good stuff. This arc is coming along very nicely, the book as well. This might turn out to be a definitive run on Elektra! Well, if it gets the chance to actually go for 25 issues or so.

This is probably the ONE book that I'm actually genuinely disappointed that it's not the in the top 100... there's a lot of books towards the bottom that it EASILY beats out in quality, so it's rather disheartening to see the low numbers.

Btw, what are the sales at, right now?

That book sure was pretty! Little light on words tho, still fun.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    This was good stuff. This arc is coming along very nicely, the book as well. This might turn out to be a definitive run on Elektra! Well, if it gets the chance to actually go for 25 issues or so.

This is probably the ONE book that I'm actually genuinely disappointed that it's not the in the top 100... there's a lot of books towards the bottom that it EASILY beats out in quality, so it's rather disheartening to see the low numbers.

Btw, what are the sales at, right now?
    Issue 3 came in at just over 22000. If it stays there (and hopefully increases) it might be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    That book sure was pretty! Little light on words tho, still fun.
    I actually thought this issue was a bit more wordy than previous ones. Well Elektra seemed a bit more chatty lol!

Elektra was definitely chatty, and I liked it. Usually it seems weird when she says more than five words, even in Thunderbolts, but Blackman has really nailed her voice and character imo.

Oh yeah Blackman has her voice nailed! Compared to her voice in the latest Thunderbolts. They got her fighting ability right,but her voice was all wrong! Elektra doesn't swear!

I just read this and #3, I really enjoyed both issues. Bloody lips is one of the coolest new villains
    We need better comics