Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ...sixteen, seventeen... Fifteen's Avatar

Fans of a character are often more capable of seeing the intricacies of the writer's characterization and story, and so to the average comic book reviewer, whose job is to be a jack-of-all-trades and a master of none in regards to characters, it's hard to see what a writer is trying to do. That's why an Elektra fan can appreciate Blackman's take but the average reader might miss a few details: they're not as invested in the character.

Without being harsh, I don't think you need to be a fan to see it, you just need to pay attention to what is being presented.

The character doesn't have to be on every panel with a ton of inner dialogue for it to be their story, or for character development to be evident.

To me the complaint seems to be that since the villain gets his own screen and thought bubble time, Elektra isn't the star or getting development. What we're getting js both: an intriguing look at the primary character, Elektra, and a reason to feel like this new character is a scary enough match for one of the most bad-ass women Marvel has. Giving him some focus also allows, as scouse mentioned, for us to get further development for Elektra as we see their stark differences.

I won't say this issue was the pinnacle of comics, but if we're rating it, it deserves more than three stars.