Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default New Deathstroke vs Batman series by Christopher Priest

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...-comics-april/

Infinite hells to the yes. Take all of my monies.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Oh good, just what we've been asking for. :-/
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Hum, I'm ambivalent here... I kind of like his Deathstroke or even his JL, but... I don't know, I find both overrated a little. Perhaps because of the way he present the action and the story in non-chronological order more often than not. I hope this one won't follow the same pattern.

WOW... Thanks Priest..

That image is THE PERFECT POSTER for one animated film..

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Priest writing Batman? YES!

His appearance in Deathstroke was among his best showings in the modern era.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Priest writing Batman? YES!

His appearance in Deathstroke was among his best showings in the modern era.
    If you say so; I disagree. I really don't like Priest as a writer even though I can appreciate his skill. And at least from the premise, this doesn't sound like it's a good fit for him.

Plus, it's yet another Batman book, which... eh.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

If you say so; I disagree. I really don't like Priest as a writer even though I can appreciate his skill. And at least from the premise, this doesn't sound like it's a good fit for him.

Plus, it's yet another Batman book, which... eh.
    Well, if it increases exposure for Deathstroke among Batman fanboys, and it's not written by King, Tynion, Snyder, and/or Orlando, it might not be a bad thing overall.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, if it increases exposure for Deathstroke among Batman fanboys, and it's not written by King, Tynion, Snyder, and/or Orlando, it might not be a bad thing overall.
    Then why not just have this be a storyline in Deathstroke itself?

BANNED

I've asked for it lol.

BANNED

I hope Dick and Damian are in it as well as Rose.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This is gonna be so good, can't wait.

Well since we won't be getting it in a movie the comics can make it happen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Well since we won't be getting it in a movie the comics can make it happen
    You know I'm wondering if this was supposed to coincide with the release of the movie. The Batman under Affleck was supposedly scheduled to start filming in Spring 2017 with a projected summer 2018 release date. The first issue of this series is out in April 2018. It definitely would have gotten a lot more buzz.

Hmmm, I really like Priest’s Deathstroke, but I’m not too fond at the idea of clashing Batman and Deathstroke. It’s a rivalry I don’t find that interesting to do a... miniserie(?or whatever it’s going to be) about. Though Batman’s participation in Deathstroke under Priest’s was really great. I wonder if this new comic has something to do with the future of Deathstroke’s ongoing. As much as the idea itself doesn’t appeal to me, the author is enough to get me to give this book a chance
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    You know I'm wondering if this was supposed to coincide with the release of the movie. The Batman under Affleck was supposedly scheduled to start filming in Spring 2017 with a projected summer 2018 release date. The first issue of this series is out in April 2018. It definitely would have gotten a lot more buzz.
    Yeah it probably was supposed to coincide with the movie but the idea was too good for DC to just say screw the project because WB can't figure out what movies to make first