Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    I hope Dick and Damian are in it as well as Rose.
    I hope the same... Priest used these 3 in the past..

NOTHING MORE ABOUT APRIL SOLICITATIONS?

Seems like dc seem to be trying alot more short series. This and Batman-Wonderwoman makes me think maybe this is the directions DC will be moving in the future.

Well, this should be something .

It's nice to see Priest getting more chances to scratch his Batman itch.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I hope the same... Priest used these 3 in the past..

NOTHING MORE ABOUT APRIL SOLICITATIONS?
    I believe April 2018 solicitations are suppose to come out this week (the week of May 22nd). It's a five-Monday month, and last Monday (the 15th) was the MLK Jr. Holiday here in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I believe April 2018 solicitations are suppose to come out this week (the week of May 22nd). It's a five-Monday month, and last Monday (the 15th) was the MLK Jr. Holiday here in the U.S.
    thank you..

We are never going to get a proper Dick and Deathstroke story again it feels like. Deathstroke is too big a character to be used for Nightwing. Plus I think Priest really wants to write Batman. That is who he has said he wants to write I think, and I imagine that DC will put him on a Bat book eventually.

Astonishing Member

Sold.

I'm in the camp that doesn't "need" Slade to be put up against Batman, but the taste we got of Slade v. Bruce (and Damian!) in the Deathstroke title definitely made me want more. Yeah, I suppose I could be happy if it occurred in the main title rather than as a mini, but it's still a story I want to read. I like Priest's Batman, too. Deathstroke is an interesting "anti-Batman" - but it's weird and anecdotal, right ... like he was never a specific anti-Batman in the way that he was an anti-Bruce - because his relationship was always more with Dick Grayson, not with Bruce - so he's a weird mirror dark reflection of Batman ... but for Nightwing to learn from, not really for Bruce to interact with. He's wealthy. He's aces. His Alfred is Wintergreen. His Robins and Batgirls are his kids, and they're all effed up.

Obviously we've been seeing Batman put up against Slade for years, so it's hardly the first time - but Priest doing it is what draws me. Those Weeks covers are gonna be great.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

This sounds awesome! Priest write Batman and Damien incredibly well when he had them appear in his Deathstroke book. The strategic chess match these two will have is worth the price of admission. Hopefully this makes up for Batman one punching Slade in the Joker vs Riddler arc.
    Deathstroke had Nightwing train Rose so I really hope the extended families are included in this story. The dysfunctional Wilson family vs the Batkids is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Well since we won't be getting it in a movie the comics can make it happen
    Yeah that’s pretty much what I was thinking.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...-comics-april/

Infinite hells to the yes. Take all of my monies.
    Very excited about this. But I expected:

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Oh good, just what we've been asking for. :-/
    If you say so; I disagree. I really don't like Priest as a writer even though I can appreciate his skill. And at least from the premise, this doesn't sound like it's a good fit for him.

Plus, it's yet another Batman book, which... eh.
    I dunno if current continuity Batman is Priest's game, so it will likely feel a bit "off" of Batman's characterization in Batman and Tec, but I really loved the Batman and Robin vs. Deathstroke and Rose arc early in this Rebirth run. It was ridiculously overplanned, but it showed a lot of thought, and I really appreciate feeling like the writer put a lot of thought into the actions and consequences. I feel like too many writers put a lot of thought into effect, but that often frustrates me because I sit back after reading and say...hang on, that wouldn't work.

Then why not just have this be a storyline in Deathstroke itself?
    Sales! I'm pretty sure this is going to replace the Deathstroke title (if it doesn't, I'll be really surprised, since Priest is already incredibly busy with Justice League and Deathstroke itself).

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    We are never going to get a proper Dick and Deathstroke story again it feels like. Deathstroke is too big a character to be used for Nightwing. Plus I think Priest really wants to write Batman. That is who he has said he wants to write I think, and I imagine that DC will put him on a Bat book eventually.
    Priest has said that Batman and Iron Man are the only characters he is still a fanboy of. But that essay is a long time ago - probably ten years or more. And he's had a lot of chances to write Batman recently - in Justice League, of course, and in Deathstroke itself. But I think that love is still there, and I think he's relish the chance to do a high profile thing like this. Plus it'll allow him to have more consistency with art, which I think he appreciates.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Sold.

I'm in the camp that doesn't "need" Slade to be put up against Batman, but the taste we got of Slade v. Bruce (and Damian!) in the Deathstroke title definitely made me want more. Yeah, I suppose I could be happy if it occurred in the main title rather than as a mini, but it's still a story I want to read. I like Priest's Batman, too. Deathstroke is an interesting "anti-Batman" - but it's weird and anecdotal, right ... like he was never a specific anti-Batman in the way that he was an anti-Bruce - because his relationship was always more with Dick Grayson, not with Bruce - so he's a weird mirror dark reflection of Batman ... but for Nightwing to learn from, not really for Bruce to interact with. He's wealthy. He's aces. His Alfred is Wintergreen. His Robins and Batgirls are his kids, and they're all effed up.

Obviously we've been seeing Batman put up against Slade for years, so it's hardly the first time - but Priest doing it is what draws me. Those Weeks covers are gonna be great.
    Pretty much the same. I loved the two-arc confrontation between the two of them - and I'm really, really excited to see what goals Priest is going to give both of them, since the only reason they didn't come to massive blows is that both Batman and Deathstroke had only tangential connection in goals, so they didn't have to conflict directly. But if Priest puts them at direct odds, I'm just really curious to see how it all plays out.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

Oh good, just what we've been asking for. :-/
    I guess you would have preferred Deathstroke vs Batwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Then why not just have this be a storyline in Deathstroke itself?
    Sales! I'm pretty sure this is going to replace the Deathstroke title (if it doesn't, I'll be really surprised, since Priest is already incredibly busy with Justice League and Deathstroke itself).
    But we don't know what format it will be yet. It could be a special one-shot, or a short mini-series, or even something in a "Prestigue Format".
    Hopefully during the week we'll know more.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Doubt it, since Caivu dislikes Priest's writing, so they'd want Kate to be written by someone else. But maybe I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But we don't know what format it will be yet. It could be a special one-shot, or a short mini-series, or even something in a "Prestigue Format".
    Hopefully during the week we'll know more.
    I thought this was a miniseries? I mean, maybe it's actually just a Deathstroke arc, but it seems likely that it's a miniseries to me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Not as its own series or even miniseries, no. I'd prefer Nightwing vs Deathstroke to even that.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Doubt it, since Caivu dislikes Priest's writing, so they'd want Kate to be written by someone else. But maybe I'm wrong.
    I actually think there's a good one- or two-part story that bounces them off each other, because they're pretty similar characters in a lot of ways, especially after Slade starts leading Defiance. But it wouldn't necessarily be a versus story; the important part would be comparing and contrasting their personalities.

But it would also necessitate both of them being written pretty much perfectly and at their very best in-story for it to work, and Priest hasn't really impressed me when he's written anyone outside of the Deathstroke cast, so...
    Last edited by Caivu; 01-21-2018 at 03:26 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Yay, another Priest comic ...although DC, just do him a solid and give him a Bat book, the thing he was rumored to get but never actually got all those years ago.

I am a little worried with all these books Priest has on his plate but I have no idea what kind of writer he is so he might thrive off of this, plus this comic will likely be a mini series.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm not in the least bit interested in this. Deathstroke is probably my least favorite comic character of all time and that's enough for me to skip this. I also wasn't happy with the way Priest handled Damian during Lazarus Contract so his involvement makes this a pass as well.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-21-2018 at 04:45 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG