Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Couldn't want something less. Batman has enough great villains, I'm sick of them trying to force his claim to Deathstroke too.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Deathstroke is too big of a villain to just be held down fighting the Titans and Nightwing and sometimes Green Arrow
    Every B or C list villain has that chance to gain momentum and jump to become a bigger character.
    Deathstroke is doing that with Batman
    Ever since he's appeared in Arkham Origins he's been rebranded as a dark mirror of Batman and a rival to him.

It's working since it's increasing Slade's profile and attracting better writers to his books.

BANNED

The Titans franchise needs to get its act together. It hasn't deserved Deathstroke in over a decade.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Couldn't want something less. Batman has enough great villains, I'm sick of them trying to force his claim to Deathstroke too.
    Huh? He's not being folded into Batman's roguess gallery, he's literally sharing a title with him. Like Superman/Batman, except this is a face off instead of a team-up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Huh? He's not being folded into Batman's roguess gallery, he's literally sharing a title with him. Like Superman/Batman, except this is a face off instead of a team-up.
    Well between this and stuff like Beware the Batman, Son of Batman, the Arkham Games, Batman Ninja and him being originally cast as the villain of Affleck's Batman you could make the case that DC wants Slade to be a Batman villain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Well between this and stuff like Beware the Batman, Son of Batman, the Arkham Games, Batman Ninja and him being originally cast as the villain of Affleck's Batman you could make the case that DC wants Slade to be a Batman villain.
    Well duh. They've been giving the character big billing for some time now. He's very recently been pit against both Batman AND Superman. He's had a solo for quite awhile now. There's a lot of interest in pitting him against Batman from both readers and writers, while there seems to be much less interest in seeing him fight the Titans again. I guess people want him to interact with bigger fish instead of just fighting kids and sidekicks and whatnot. It doesn't help that the last few Deathstroke/Titans stories have been very poorly received.

I mean IDC. I know people want him to go back to his roots as a Teen Titans villain, but it is what it is. DC has very obviously been building him up across the line for a very long time now, I don't think he's a part of any specific franchise's rogues' gallery anymore, he's more of his own entity these days.

BANNED

Its true that he's no longer anyone's villain. The Titans franchise has actually become a liability so I can understand why DC wouldn't a rising profile to be derailed because of its association with a very weak franchise.

Extraordinary Member

It always eats at me that death stroke was the only titans aside from Cyborg to move into the big leagues

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This is gonna be so good, can't wait.
    Same here, especially considering that Deathstroke is more of an anti-hero nowadays rather than full-blown villain.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    I mean IDC. I know people want him to go back to his roots as a Teen Titans villain, but it is what it is. DC has very obviously been building him up across the line for a very long time now, I don't think he's a part of any specific franchise's rogues' gallery anymore, he's more of his own entity these days.
    I actually think Deathstroke deserves to have a "rogues" gallery of his own instead of DC either relying on his past with the Titans or encounters with other big names in the DCU. He's had the build up already, that's why a writer like Priest has come on board, so why exactly does he need to become one of many rivals for Batman again? Seems unnecessary to me at this point in time. DC needs to start relying on their writers and their characters and stop attaching everyone to Batman all the dang time. (And I'm saying that as a Bat fan.) Let Priest create a "rogues" gallery for Slade filled with interesting characters and just go from there.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I actually think Deathstroke deserves to have a "rogues" gallery of his own instead of DC either relying on his past with the Titans or encounters with other big names in the DCU. He's had the build up already, that's why a writer like Priest has come on board, so why exactly does he need to become one of many rivals for Batman again? Seems unnecessary to me at this point in time. DC needs to start relying on their writers and their characters and stop attaching everyone to Batman all the dang time. (And I'm saying that as a Bat fan.) Let Priest create a "rogues" gallery for Slade filled with interesting characters and just go from there.
    Has Priest said that he’s interested in giving Deathstroke his own rogues gallery? Would a rogue’s gallery make sense for a villain?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Same here. Didn't like him as a badguy choice for The Batman back when Affleck was still attached to direct either.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

You attract good writers to a character and they expand the supporting cast which is what has happened under Priest's pen with Slade
    getting mad because he isn't getting treated like another superhero is silly
    Why does he need a rogue's gallery? He isn't a hero and he kills his enemies to make that concept even work for long

Keep throwing Slade at established characters like Batman and you will raise his profile. The rivalry with Batman is the main reason Slade isn't stuck in the titans mess of bad stories

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Has Priest said that he’s interested in giving Deathstroke his own rogues gallery? Would a rogue’s gallery make sense for a villain?
    More importantly its not even easy to construct a rogues gallery. Deathstroke actuallt does have a fair few villains of his own. DC cant even get Wonder Woman villains right so its an odd complaint/direction.

I for one want to see a proper Deathstroke/Batman arc. Not just fighting but exploration and contrast of their methods, backgrounds,morals etc.
    With Priest we're almost certaon to get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    I hope Dick and Damian are in it as well as Rose.
    Yeah this might sell the story to me. I'm still out here waiting for more of Dick and Rose, smh. I find this to be absolutely unnecessary for now, but this is a great creative team so I'm sure it'll be good. I just don't plan on picking it up.