Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

@ Ross61- No, he hasn't said that but I see nothing wrong with an expansion of Deathstroke's own supporting cast by adding in some new characters for him to go against so he doesn't have to rely on his Titans connections or on Batman either to boost his cred.

@ Nite-Wing- That's why I put the word rogues in quotes. I'm not talking about a traditional rogues gallery at all here. What I'm talking about is an expansion of his supporting cast particularly people he goes up against. Having him interacting with the heavy hitters is all well and good but it doesn't really benefit the character in the long run because then writer come to rely to heavily on those heavy hitters to make Deathstroke "matter".

@ Barbatos66- It's only difficult because a lot writers these days don't really bother with it anymore. They just throw characters at the big guns and call it a day. If Deathstroke has a fair few villains of his own then someone needs to start using them and building them up and maybe add to the list as well. A well established supporting cast that writers can draw from would enrich the character in the long run far more than an encounter with the "hero of the month" will. All his fighting with Batman means is that they want him to be taken seriously which I feel these days, is unnecessary. He already matters is what I'm getting at.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-22-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Junkie View Post
    Same here, especially considering that Deathstroke is more of an anti-hero nowadays rather than full-blown villain.
    Is he, though? Priest has consistently said that Slade is a villain, not an anti-hero. He's given him motivation and sympathetic components, but other than this soon-to-end "heroic" turn, he's a bastard, and has always been so.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

Slade certainly always strikes me a bad guy with a few exceptions.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Is he, though? Priest has consistently said that Slade is a villain, not an anti-hero. He's given him motivation and sympathetic components, but other than this soon-to-end "heroic" turn, he's a bastard, and has always been so.
    Just my opinion based on what I had read of the series. I would agree that he's historically a terrible person.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Astonishing Member

Slade's definitely a villain, not an anti-hero. He just happens to be a sympathetic villain. Who is also the protagonist of his own story. Which is definitely not a hero's journey.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    You attract good writers to a character and they expand the supporting cast which is what has happened under Priest's pen with Slade
    getting mad because he isn't getting treated like another superhero is silly
    Why does he need a rogue's gallery? He isn't a hero and he kills his enemies to make that concept even work for long

Keep throwing Slade at established characters like Batman and you will raise his profile. The rivalry with Batman is the main reason Slade isn't stuck in the titans mess of bad stories
    Ya, except for Lazarus Contract. And for the record its doesn't seem like Priest was attracted to Deathstoke thanks to the Batman games.

Spectacular Member

"Deathstroke vs. Batman" part one! Beginning this month, a six-issue series-within-a-series featuring the ultimate showdown between DC's fiercest rivals! When Batman discovers a mysterious package containing DNA test results proving that he is not Damian Wayne's biological father, the Dark Knight sets his sights on his son's true father -- Deathstroke! But Damian Wayne can't really be Slade Wilson's son -- can he? And who sent the package -- and why? The ultimate custody battle ensues as the World's Greatest Detective and the World's Deadliest Assassin clash in this instant classic!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OversizedLoad View Post
    "Deathstroke vs. Batman" part one! Beginning this month, a six-issue series-within-a-series featuring the ultimate showdown between DC's fiercest rivals! When Batman discovers a mysterious package containing DNA test results proving that he is not Damian Wayne's biological father, the Dark Knight sets his sights on his son's true father -- Deathstroke! But Damian Wayne can't really be Slade Wilson's son -- can he? And who sent the package -- and why? The ultimate custody battle ensues as the World's Greatest Detective and the World's Deadliest Assassin clash in this instant classic!
    This sounds really stupid but I'll give Priest the benefit of the doubt.

What a dumb premise of the arc. Just give Priest a Batman book already so we can avoid these kind of stories. He basically just wants to write Batman but has to awkwardly go through Deathstroke or the JL to do it. I mean the idea that a Deathstorke story is going to have any major impact on the Batman books isn't going to happen, so it all feels so unnecessary. Plus it is a story that is going to be full of angst and Priest did not do well writing Damian with that kind of story in Lazarus Contract.

most likely rose to be Batman's daughter.

Is Slade even Talia's type?

The pitch actually has me intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    think she already tried to kill him.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'm intrigued by the idea of Slade's connection to the League and its history.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Our Deathstroke story is gonna be interrupted by this, a whole 6 part story that's gonna take 6 months and it's basically about Damian ...boo.

I also wonder how Priest is gonna write Damian, is he gonna write the character like he did before or like how the Titans/Teen Titans offices told him to write Damian.

I said this in the other thread, but Slade's sperm is Talia's type, if she ever wants to have another kid Slade is a good specimen.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer