Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

That'd be one way to prevent Damian from aging up Bruce too much...
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I said this in the other thread, but Slade's sperm is Talia's type, if she ever wants to have another kid Slade is a good specimen.
    Well, I guess if we're back to that being a criteria for the men in Talia's life .

Spectacular Member

Wow, what a news!

I thought it's really cool to have Batman vs Deathstroke series. But after I read the details about Damian... I don't know what I expect. Is that really necessary? Priest is deeply fascinated by 'family drama' now. A dysfunctional Wilson family is far from enough. Anyway I'm still looking forward to this series!

(And if it turned out that Damian really is Deathstroke's son, then the Lazarus Contract would have a totally different angle to read)

My lord this sounds stupid.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    My lord this sounds stupid.
    I agree. Sounds to me like Slade still has a 'Robin as my apprentice' fetish to me and since he couldn't lure Damian onto his team of 'heroes' after Lazarus Contract he's trying to force the issue 'legally' with this phoney DNA test. Seriously THIS was not at all what I expected Batman and Slade to be fighting about at all. Honestly it sounds lame.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Our Deathstroke story is gonna be interrupted by this, a whole 6 part story that's gonna take 6 months and it's basically about Damian ...boo.

I also wonder how Priest is gonna write Damian, is he gonna write the character like he did before or like how the Titans/Teen Titans offices told him to write Damian.

I said this in the other thread, but Slade's sperm is Talia's type, if she ever wants to have another kid Slade is a good specimen.
    Actually he isn't. Ra's wants natural humans not enhanced guys. Its why he rejected JPV.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Actually he isn't. Ra's wants natural humans not enhanced guys. Its why he rejected JPV.
    I said Talia not Ra's, I was under the impression Talia doesn't always do what her father wants.

If Slade is like a Batman that kills or a mirror Batman or what have you, then I think Slade would be a good specimen.

Basically what I said hinges on the emotional capacity of Talia rather than logical.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-22-2018 at 08:57 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Slade even Talia's type?
    Well considering she's slept with Batman, Bane, and Jason Todd...I don't see what they have that Slade doesn't. I'd have questions if this were O'Neil era Talia, but she's just not that character anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Well considering she's slept with Batman, Bane, and Jason Todd...I don't see what they have that Slade doesn't. I'd have questions if this were O'Neil era Talia, but she's just not that character anymore.
    Oh yeah, that did happen .

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    @ Ross61- No, he hasn't said that but I see nothing wrong with an expansion of Deathstroke's own supporting cast by adding in some new characters for him to go against so he doesn't have to rely on his Titans connections or on Batman either to boost his cred.

@ Nite-Wing- That's why I put the word rogues in quotes. I'm not talking about a traditional rogues gallery at all here. What I'm talking about is an expansion of his supporting cast particularly people he goes up against. Having him interacting with the heavy hitters is all well and good but it doesn't really benefit the character in the long run because then writer come to rely to heavily on those heavy hitters to make Deathstroke "matter".

@ Barbatos66- It's only difficult because a lot writers these days don't really bother with it anymore. They just throw characters at the big guns and call it a day. If Deathstroke has a fair few villains of his own then someone needs to start using them and building them up and maybe add to the list as well. A well established supporting cast that writers can draw from would enrich the character in the long run far more than an encounter with the "hero of the month" will. All his fighting with Batman means is that they want him to be taken seriously which I feel these days, is unnecessary. He already matters is what I'm getting at.
    Don't expect writers are that willing to make new characters for DC and Marvel when DC and Marvel demands the writers can keep them. We might get one here and there but logical writers won't give DC nor Marvel characters when they can pretty easily get them released elsewhere and still own the rights for said characters.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, if it increases exposure for Deathstroke among Batman fanboys, and it's not written by King, Tynion, Snyder, and/or Orlando, it might not be a bad thing overall.
    I would say Batman is a pretty well fit for Priest he seems to be focus on street level characters or at least put them in street level scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    WOW... Thanks Priest..

That image is THE PERFECT POSTER for one animated film..
    Lee Weeks did that cover not Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Then why not just have this be a storyline in Deathstroke itself?
    It is.

“Deathstroke vs. Batman” part one! Beginning this month, a six-issue series-within-a-series featuring the ultimate showdown between DC’s fiercest rivals! When Batman discovers a mysterious package containing DNA test results proving that he is not Damian Wayne’s biological father, the Dark Knight sets his sights on his son’s true father—Deathstroke! But Damian Wayne can’t really be Slade Wilson’s son—can he? And who sent the package—and why? The ultimate custody battle ensues as the World’s Greatest Detective and the World’s Deadliest Assassin clash in this instant classic!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    Way ahead of you. I know that now, not earlier.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

I said Talia not Ra's, I was under the impression Talia doesn't always do what her father wants.

If Slade is like a Batman that kills or a mirror Batman or what have you, then I think Slade would be a good specimen.

Basically what I said hinges on the emotional capacity of Talia rather than logical.
    As a lover then yeah I can see Talia x Slade but as a father to the child that is to lead the League then no Ra's does factor in and he did in Damian's case. Ra's wouldn't allow genetic impurities potentially caused by Slade's metahuman DNA. Its why the enhanced JPV got rejected.

Besides they kinda it already in Bane of the Demon. Ra's got his anti-Batman and he was more than bargained for. I hope Priest goes for something more original.

I heard Deathstroke v Batman and thought yeah and then i see the solicit and OH HELL YEAH.

Priest, Deathstroke , Damian and Batman are favourites so to have them all together is excellent.

Priest took a lot of flak for Lazarus Contract and was shot down when he tried to have him as a member of Deathstroke's team. Glad he kept on asking.
    I had hoped that they would offer him Batman or Nightwing but they offered him JL so this is a dream come true.
    I don't think Priest is a big fan of Batman so this should be very interesting indeed. A great writer who doesn't subscribe to BatW**k writing Batman fighting Slade and delving into his personal life and emotions. You toss in Damian this is just too good to be true.

Spectacular Member

Our Deathstroke story is gonna be interrupted by this, a whole 6 part story that's gonna take 6 months and it's basically about Damian ...boo.

Yeah, I'm not happy of having Batman and a paternity issue over Damian take over Deathstroke comic for 6 months. Will the Deathstroke characters just be on the backburner for half a year?

BANNED

I actually think the whole Defiance thing has gone off the rails and for too long. Deathstroke book is too cluttered, Wintergreen and Rose were adequate as supporting characters with Joey and Adeline showing up from tome to time. Kid Flash, Terra and Power Girl's inclusion has just made a mess of things. Deathstroke has been pushed to the background in his own book for a bunch of characters who frankly dont offer anything. This is a return to form.