Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Interesting premise but I don't think DC has the balls to actually do it. In the end it will be firmly established that Damien is Bruce's son. although I think having Damien be Slade's son would be more interesting in the long run, the drama would be insane. Besides I was always under the impression that Damien fans held a low opinion of Bruce. Seeing him as a bad father and some even saying that Dick should try to get custody. But I guess if DC actually pulled the trigger on this it would remove Damien from the Bat family and lessen his exposure and I don't think his fans would like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Interesting premise but I don't think DC has the balls to actually do it. In the end it will be firmly established that Damien is Bruce's son. although I think having Damien be Slade's son would be more interesting in the long run, the drama would be insane. Besides I was always under the impression that Damien fans held a low opinion of Bruce. Seeing him as a bad father and some even saying that Dick should try to get custody. But I guess if DC actually pulled the trigger on this it would remove Damien from the Bat family and lessen his exposure and I don't think his fans would like that.
    Where the hell did you see this?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where the hell did you see this?
    Right here on these very boards. There are those who post that Bruce is bad for Damien, they prefer him with Dick. And they love it when Damien defies and or disrespects Bruce. They think Bruce neglects Damien and that Dick is a much better influence and roll model for him.

Right here on these very boards. There are those who post that Bruce is bad for Damien, they prefer him with Dick. And they love it when Damien defies and or disrespects Bruce. They think Bruce neglects Damien and that Dick is a much better influence and roll model for him.
    Preference for Dick and Damian's relationship is not the same thing as hating Bruce. Also, plenty of people have been complaining about Damian's lack of interaction with Bruce since 2014 but no one has blamed Bruce for that (more on the writers and editors) and they would t do that if they hated Bruce.

I just realised this isn't a series on it's own. That is annoying thought we would get an additional book. A mini.

I don't believe they hate Bruce so much as hate when writers write him as a bad and neglectful father like in the current Batman title and TT.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I just realised this isn't a series on it's own. That is annoying thought we would get an additional book. A mini.
    I think the idea is to boost the sales of Deathstroke itself so it can last longer, rather than cancelling and going with a mini.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think the idea is to boost the sales of Deathstroke itself so it can last longer, rather than cancelling and going with a mini.
    I hope it works Deathstorke is one of the best books currently being put out by DC, shame that's not reflected in the sales

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I hope it works Deathstorke is one of the best books currently being put out by DC, shame that's not reflected in the sales
    Agreed! I was following by trade until the Defiance arc, and I finally caved and added it to my pull list. Haven't regretted it!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    I actually think the whole Defiance thing has gone off the rails and for too long. Deathstroke book is too cluttered, Wintergreen and Rose were adequate as supporting characters with Joey and Adeline showing up from tome to time. Kid Flash, Terra and Power Girl's inclusion has just made a mess of things. Deathstroke has been pushed to the background in his own book for a bunch of characters who frankly dont offer anything. This is a return to form.
    It only feels cluttered b/c we have not only Slade's supporting cast but villains, an adversary and multiple plots, if we were following one storyline that moved into another storyline instead of dealing with multiple ones at the same time, I guarantee you'd improbably wouldn't think it was cluttered.

But I am assuming the Fall of Slade arc which started after the Defiance arc will be wrapped up before this new one starts.

I've seen the same thing.

And despite knowing Damian will still be Bruce's son at the end of this, I am anticpating how Slade will react to the possible idea that Damian could be his son considering he has such guilt about Grant, which is why I brought up Talia in my previous post b/c emotionally something could actually be born there.

But I'm rambling, DC doesn't have the balls to make Damian Slade's son, I would bow down to DC Comics if they pulled something like this, but they won't, I would even praise them if they left it open-ended which seems like something Priest would do, but I don't think DC would let even that happen so I'm just going to appreciate how Priest has Slade and Bruce reacting emotionally to this paternity test news as well as appreciating how Priest will have us going inside their heads when they go head to head.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Its true that he's no longer anyone's villain. The Titans franchise has actually become a liability so I can understand why DC wouldn't a rising profile to be derailed because of its association with a very weak franchise.
    But Deathstroke rose to popularity from all his time in the TeenTitans Animated series, fighting robin. Now were at a point wear he can only be challenged by Batman. When hes not doing that he gets rebooted series of him harassing his children who hate him

I am not reading his rerereboot: Defiance, but my gist is that he is Hero, agent type. Why is that the always the path to any villain rising to fame?

As a Damian fan, I can't really say I hate Bruce. More than anything, I wish to see their father and son interaction. Some people may want Dami with Dick more but I myself want him to stick with Bruce, maybe it's because I read Batman and Robin as Bruce and Damian first. So their bond struck me very powerfully. Dick may be the one reached out to Damian first and he's undoubtedly a great influence for Damian but Bruce will always be Damian's father. I'm not the only one who find Damian's unhealthy loyalty toward Bruce fascinating, right? Just read when Damian killed Nobody ("I had to do it for our kingdom, for our castle" - I teared up at that lol) and his determination to find his father in Metal series.

What I hate is the lack of their interaction and how their bond portrayed in Rebirth so far. I blame the writers, not Bruce.

Anyways, the scene I remember the most between Damian and Deathstroke is this lol:
    26815540_329483530873629_1822960955065129646_n.jpg

A Talia and Deathsroke affair coupled with Damian paternity issues isn't something I'm at all interested in, especially as this whole arc is taking away from the actual Deathstroke story I am interested in. I sort of wish this was a mini series as it would be so easy to avoid it if he was and the main Deathstroke story can continue on. Since the series has gone to being just monthly it has really killed its pace because of how long Priest likes to drag things out.

Yeah, you literally can't blame Bruce for how he is in the comics rn. It's the writers fault, and shoving more Batcat instead of Father and Son bonding time with B and D.

Overall I prefer Bruce and Damian 100 percent more than Dick and Damian. Dick taught him a lot yes, but he isn't his father. And will never be.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    It only feels cluttered b/c we have not only Slade's supporting cast but villains, an adversary and multiple plots, if we were following one storyline that moved into another storyline instead of dealing with multiple ones at the same time, I guarantee you'd improbably wouldn't think it was cluttered.

But I am assuming the Fall of Slade arc which started after the Defiance arc will be wrapped up before this new one starts.

I've seen the same thing.

And despite knowing Damian will still be Bruce's son at the end of this, I am anticpating how Slade will react to the possible idea that Damian could be his son considering he has such guilt about Grant, which is why I brought up Talia in my previous post b/c emotionally something could actually be born there.

But I'm rambling, DC doesn't have the balls to make Damian Slade's son, I would bow down to DC Comics if they pulled something like this, but they won't, I would even praise them if they left it open-ended which seems like something Priest would do, but I don't think DC would let even that happen so I'm just going to appreciate how Priest has Slade and Bruce reacting emotionally to this paternity test news as well as appreciating how Priest will have us going inside their heads when they go head to head.
    Its not a question of balls. Its like permanently revealing that Bruce is Ra's al Ghul's son or Supetman is the son of Darkseid. Its completely pointless and takes away from these characters which is why certain fans are understandably upset or dismissive towards this idea. Dearhstroke already has children, he even has Rose who' like female Damian.