Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Tbh, who expects the Damian fanbase to support a Deathstroke book... and that's on top of the fact that Priest expects all the books he writes to be hated/disliked in some capacity.

The thing about the Deathstroke book, is that despite it's low sales and risk of cancellation (and probably why we have this Batman and Damian arc in the first place), this book has critical acclaim which is it's saving grace and that is more than what the other low selling comics have.

Going by Priest's response to Damian fans he does care about getting the characterization of a character right but there's not much that can be said over the fact that the teen titans/titans editorial told him how he was writing Damian was wrong, does that necessarily explain Damian's actions where to his fans he didn't seem like much of a hero in Lazarus Contract ...idk.
    That's what I find so disappointing. The guy opened his blog to discussion and feedback following TLC he didn't have to do that. Few writers would. It is clear that he does care and he also shared the info about the editor saying his 1st draft of Damian wasn't spot on. So to see fans again attack him is upsetting.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    That's what I find so disappointing. The guy opened his blog to discussion and feedback following TLC he didn't have to do that. Few writers would. It is clear that he does care and he also shared the info about the editor saying his 1st draft of Damian wasn't spot on. So to see fans again attack him is upsetting.
    Are they attacking him again?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Are they attacking him again?
    Yeah. He's had to stop taking posts on his blog.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Man. Peeps need to stop. That's what your own blog is for!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

So I guess when Talia slept with Bruce she also slept with Slade right before or after it now? I don't really think that retcon will work given how focused Talia was on getting Bruce into bed and creating Damian. I can't see how else the paternity issues would come up though.

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I'd be much more interested if Batman were trying to take rose than for Deathstroke to try to take Damian.
    I'd be more interested in this as well. Priest writes a good Rose and I'd trust him more with her than Damian after his last stint with the character. Priest really wants to contrast Bruce and Slade but I don't think they really work like that as some sort of mirror rivals.

Well at least he seems too busy to see the mess then.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

I think that's because he's too busy now. He went from just Deathstroke to Deathstroke, JL, Inhumans as well as a Black Panther story.

BANNED

I called it earlier, Priest himself confirmed that this has been 2 years in the making and was supposed to tie in to the Batfleck film.

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

"Deathstroke vs. Batman" part one! Beginning this month, a six-issue series-within-a-series featuring the ultimate showdown between DC's fiercest rivals!
    I like the fact that this arc plays out only in the Deathstroke title, I will definitely be buying Deathstroke (Vol. 4) #30-35!

However, I've never read any Deathstroke before; have I missed out on any interesting interactions with the Batfamily?
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

From Priest

This miniseries has been in the works for nearly two years, having gone through several conceptual and format changes and originally presumed to coincide with the announced Batfleck film (now “The Batman” and directed by Matt Reeves). I doubt the DCEU film will echo much of our Deathstroke vs. Batman (though that would be fun!) but we’re spinning out of the momentum created by our Defiance arc into this, the ultimate custody battle between these mirror-image characters. As I see them: Batman is someone Deathstroke almost admires, if only Deathstroke weren’t so screwed up, Batman is someone he himself might have become. Deathstroke, meanwhile, is someone Batman is still capable of becoming if he compromises his self-discipline. This character study is an interesting challenge for me as a writer, and I am delighted to be reunited with artist Carlo Pagulayan– one of the most underrated and brilliant draftsmen working today–who launched the Rebirth Deathstroke two years ago.
    So if this was suppose to coincide with the Batman movie than this was definitely something that the company pushed for.

Quote Originally Posted by masahikotahara View Post
    I like the fact that this arc plays out only in the Deathstroke title, I will definitely be buying Deathstroke (Vol. 4) #30-35!

However, I've never read any Deathstroke before; have I missed out on any interesting interactions with the Batfamily?
    Just read #3 #4 and #5, #3 doesn't have Batman or Damian in it but it explains why Deathstroke and Rose are gonna be interacting with them in the next couple of issues.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    From Priest

So if this was suppose to coincide with the Batman movie than this was definitely something that the company pushed for.

Just read #3 #4 and #5, #3 doesn't have Batman or Damian in it but it explains why Deathstroke and Rose are gonna be interacting with them in the next couple of issues.
    Yeah, I'm guessing the idea of it came during the initial rebirth talks cristopher preist had with geoff johns.