5 13.89%
  • Robins

10 27.78%
  • Justice League International

7 19.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    Interesting study. Getting a bit stringent on the verbiage of emotion though. Fiction has to make sense, we feel love, we have Star Sapphires, we feel avarice, we have Larfleeze. It works, maybe not to everyone's liking, but it works.
    Yeah, it's not my cup of tea. I'd rather have used a different form of universality to coincide with ROYGBIV. The retconning of Star Sapphires felt weird and unhelpful, and the Fear Corps was a mistake. Sinestro should've been solo, like Larfleeze. the Red Rage Rangers were by far the best addition to GL lore.

I would probably agree with you on Sinestro being the only Yellow Lantern, although Kryb was creepy AF. Maybe a limited corps instead of anyone that could instill fear would make it a bit more accessible. I did like Guy as a Red and wouldn't mind seeing him back there.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

BANNED

More possible topics.

Green Arrow, because the sales are poor.

Aquaman, for the same reason.

The Fourth World -- should DC respect Jack Kirby's wishes and end it, keeping maybe only Darkseid, or try to keep it going?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    because the sales are poor.
    I didn't make the list because the characters involved are in low-selling books, but I'm not opposed to the notion.

I don't read Green Arrow, but I'm very interested in hearing others' opinions on what works and what doesn't.

The Fourth World
    Oooh I think it needs to be fully upended. It's terribly idiosyncratic, as most personal mythologies go. I think there's potential for good stories, but I think the setup is so badly organized.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 01-22-2018 at 12:16 PM.

I think the current volume of green arrow is a decent comic. I couldn't get into the execution but there's potential in its ideas.

Green Arrow reminds me of Iron Fist. They are both characters i like but they dont feel like solo leads to me. For me, they tend to work better with other characters than on their own. They have the potential to be but they aren't quite there yet.

The new 52 might have been the best chance at fixing him but with the writer turnaround it was hard to get a consistent feel for him. Lemire/Sorrentino's 20 odd issues was the best and i wish he stayed.

I dont think there is a quick fix so the best thing is to just percy keep going till the title ends/cancels or he runs out of steam.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-23-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think the current volume of green arrow is a decent comic. I couldn't get into the execution but there's potential in its ideas.

Green Arrow reminds me of Iron Fist. They are both characters i like but they dont feel like solo leads to me. For me, they tend to work better with other characters than on their own. They have the potential to be but they aren't quite there yet.

The new 52 might have been the best chance at fixing him but with the writer turnaround it was hard to get a consistent feel for him. Lemire/Sorrentino's 20 odd issues was the best and i wish he stayed.

I dont think there is a quick fix so the best thing is to just percy keep going till the title ends/cancels or he runs out of steam.
    I wish I could change my vote from the Emotional Spectrum to Green Arrow.

I would enjoy discussing him.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I wish I could change my vote from the Emotional Spectrum to Green Arrow.

I would enjoy discussing him.
    I'm not opposed to switching gears entirely, and forgoing the poll. The poll was just to list things I wanted to fix, but I'm also willing to listen. My only exposure to Arrow is through the TV show, which is basically Batman with a bow and arrow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    My only exposure to Arrow is through the TV show, which is basically Batman with a bow and arrow.
    That would probably be the only exposure to Green Arrow for many people.

That or when he guest star's on a show or cartoon. This is the problem for Green Arrow.

He may be Batman with a bow but he's still Batman With a Bow!

If Bats can hold a comic and/or cartoon, Arrow should be able too.

The Fourth World -- should DC respect Jack Kirby's wishes and end it, keeping maybe only Darkseid, or try to keep it going?
    Looking at DC concepts that have had problems find their way, Kirby's Fourth World is practically a poster child for this.

I vote 4th World, Donna Troy, and the Hawkpeoples.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    4th World, Donna Troy, and the Hawkpeoples.
    Of those 3, my Hawkpeople concept is probably the least offensive to nostalgia.

Extraordinary Member

I would be interested in discussing the Fourth World a lot.

Of those 3, my Hawkpeople concept is probably the least offensive to nostalgia.
    Here's the thing. So what? It's great if people like your ideas but that's not always going to happen. Worse, the sound of crickets chirping sometimes follows some of my best ideas. Conversations where everyone is on the same page with the same opinions is boring. Even if I don't like your ideas, I think they should be posted.

:-)

Crickets don't scare me. I just enjoy dialog, and want to have collaborative creativity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Here's the thing. So what? It's great if people like your ideas but that's not always going to happen. Worse, the sound of crickets chirping sometimes follows some of my best ideas. Conversations where everyone is on the same page with the same opinions is boring. Even if I don't like your ideas, I think they should be posted.
    :-)

Crickets don't scare me. I just enjoy dialog, and want to have collaborative creativity.
    Sounds good to me.

It's not like DC is going to use these ideas. If they did, great! (I would never work in comics anyway but I love the medium.)

Does robin need fixing?