Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    No?

As I explained above, it was established in Johns Justice league that Hippolyta gave birth to jason and Diana upon arriving on the island and that Grail was born at the same time. Its established that Myrina Black left the island and that Grail was supposed to be a badass because she trained for thousands of years with Myrina Black who was this proto Wonder Woman who had a trophy room from defeating the likes of Baron Blitzkrieg and such over the centuries.

Robinsons run established Hippolyta giving the immortal argonaut a baby jason in the modern day and that said dumb idiot was raised in the modern age and is at most in his thirties.

Which is significent since this determines how much of a threat Grail is expected to be, how world wise that idiot brother is supposed to be, and how well trained Wonder Woman outta be.
    Ooooh, ok gotcha. Sorry about that, THAT is a problem. I think I jumped ship at that point and only kept tabs through spoilers online.

On the other hand, Jason being all "I have to go now, my home planet needs me" at the end of the run is a pretty good indication we will never be seeing him again. I think very few are going to be clamoring for a return. That should be easy to quietly ignore going forward, they should just avoid picking at the scab.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Ooooh, ok gotcha. Sorry about that, THAT is a problem. I think I jumped ship at that point and only kept tabs through spoilers online.

On the other hand, Jason being all "I have to go now, my home planet needs me" at the end of the run is a pretty good indication we will never be seeing him again. I think very few are going to be clamoring for a return. That should be easy to quietly ignore going forward, they should just avoid picking at the scab.
    Which is why I was saying that it only makes sense if you ignore his run entirely. Im assuming he did it because he wanted to portray jason as this naive dudebro and selfish manchild who didn't know anything, which would logically be impossible if he spent thousands of years being raised by an immortal argonaut and training with Hercules, translating to him being actually competent. His approach though shows he didn't really put much if any thought into what he was writing. So heres hoping that whole run gets ignored and forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

I expect unless Johns decides to try to save Jason, he's gone, and good riddance. Wilson will be picking up on Grail and Ares being imprisoned together in the "Just War", so it's not getting actively retconned out. Honestly the Marvel method of "if we ignore it hard enough it will go away" seems to me the best way forward. Not like Robinson's run has many fans.

Grail seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Grail seems cool.
    Just not as interesting as Devestation or Queen Clea or Genocide.
    I thought Myrina Black had more story potential

Grail certainly has potential, it just feels that potential is wasted by the story they wrote her into.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Just not as interesting as Devestation or Queen Clea or Genocide.
    I thought Myrina Black had more story potential
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Grail certainly has potential, it just feels that potential is wasted by the story they wrote her into.
    true.

her design is pretty cool

I think she is immortal.
    She is, afterall, a offspring of god.

Quote Originally Posted by hishandmaiden View Post
    I think she is immortal.
    She is, afterall, a offspring of god.
    Note that there were plenty of heroes and notable people within Greek mythology who had a god as a parent, but still were mortal.

This is also a pet peeve for mine regarding the term demigod, which has become popular to describe Diana. The term hemitheoi existed in Greek, but it was primarily a term that became attached to heroes after their death. Some poets might have used the same term for living heroes as well. But it was probably used closer to our word "superhero" than anything used to describe divine or partly divine status.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Note that there were plenty of heroes and notable people within Greek mythology who had a god as a parent, but still were mortal.

This is also a pet peeve for mine regarding the term demigod, which has become popular to describe Diana. The term hemitheoi existed in Greek, but it was primarily a term that became attached to heroes after their death. Some poets might have used the same term for living heroes as well. But it was probably used closer to our word "superhero" than anything used to describe divine or partly divine status.
    I guess they would keep it for her because she is one of the big three.

panels above confirms it.

However, why does she need to be Zeus's daughter to be immortal? Hippoltya is hinted to be a demigoddesses herself. We also know the Amazons are immortal. So one of those two reasons Diana can keep her immortal.

Not necessarily. I know I'm not buyin' that whole storyline, so there's no guarantee that that is truly the 'future' Diana.

Are you reading JL? spoilers:
    The ending has someone tell League members that the future is not what they think. There’s more going on here
    end of spoilers