Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I would say that Dr. Doom would not only corrupt Saruon through the ring, but in fact he already has.

It's why he lives in Mt. Doom after all!

I'll let myself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I would say that Dr. Doom would not only corrupt Saruon through the ring, but in fact he already has.

I'll let myself out.
    Really, Sauron is probably just a Doombot.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

: Gives a death glare.: Sharp, may you do the Gundam gif please? You know the one.

Androids and robots should be immune, since they have no mind to corrupt.

Not sure about someone like Vision, or the Human Torch android.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

I'll let myself out.
    "rent has come due, sauron! SUCH IS THE WILL OF DOOM!"

ging freecss.

he'd take the ring to mt. doom for no other reason but to enjoy the trip. either that or he'd just give it away or sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

ging freecss.

he'd take the ring to mt. doom for no other reason but to enjoy the trip. either that or he'd just give it away or sell it.
    The ring's intent whispers seductively, as if to say. "I can fix your beard." Ging nods happily before palming the ring. "Okay. This thing is terrible."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The ring's intent whispers seductively, as if to say. "I can fix your beard." Ging nods happily before palming the ring. "Okay. This thing is terrible."
    ging's a hobo. he don't care. lol

Obviously.

Just look at him.

Obviously.

Just look at him.
    Just look at him and that terrible beard.

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

can Popeye crush the ring after eating 100 cans of spinach? lol

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    can Popeye crush the ring after eating 100 cans of spinach? lol
    After ONE can of spinach.

Mighty Member

Well still Wonder Woman, cause i don't saw any rly convincing argument for the ring in the other thread and if people actually think that even average Grey Knights are already utterly immune should that be not even a question for Diana anymore.

Astonishing Member

f I recall correctly, was it stated that even Tom Bombadil, were he somehow able to reach the Fires of Mount Doom without leaving his forest and losing much of his power would still not be psychologically capable of throwing the Ring in? Or was it just that he wouldn't have all his power outside his forest and hence could not do it?
    There are better LoTR experts here than me but I don't think that is correct. The issue was to leave the Ring with Tom. It was said that it had no impact on his mind. However, he would lose it because of that and also while he would be last to fall, he along could not resist the armed might of Sauron's forces.

I will throw out Kimbal Kinnison for one who would resist the ring enough to destroy it. He might want to use it against the higher ups of Boskone but would prevail in the end. The Arisians and Children of the Lens would laugh at it and mind control Sauron into the volcano.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    There are better LoTR experts here than me but I don't think that is correct. The issue was to leave the Ring with Tom. It was said that it had no impact on his mind. However, he would lose it because of that and also while he would be last to fall, he along could not resist the armed might of Sauron's forces.

I will throw out Kimbal Kinnison for one who would resist the ring enough to destroy it. He might want to use it against the higher ups of Boskone but would prevail in the end. The Arisians and Children of the Lens would laugh at it and mind control Sauron into the volcano.
    I vaguely remember that, once everything else was defeated, Sauron and his army would start whittling away (pardon the unintentional pun) on Tom's forest which would gradually weaken him making it easier to destroy more and then easier again to destroy more until he finally fell, "Last as he was first".

Didn't think about the Lensmen but great example.
    Power with Girl is better.