Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I think Batman is the last person to be running a sanctuary for PTSD victims. He hasn't dealt with his own trauma.

Yes, he has helped others see their trauma or helped others BUT to be honest, it's always easier to point out other people's faults and give suggestions on what they can do for themselves and yet can't take their own advice and deal with their own stuff. He can run in the business sense but he shouldn't be one of the ones giving advice.

I think people like Superman, WW and Flash could be the head counselors, so to speak. Add maybe some appearances for Dr. Thompkins and others but no, Batman needs to be getting the "special help for superheroes" treatment.

I think it makes perfect sense to have all three of these heroes involved in founding The Sanctuary. Superman and Wonder Woman are both known to show great compassion, even for their enemies. They will always try to help someone in need, even if that person is attacking them. Superman has been shown making deals to have profits from merchandise bearing his likeness or symbol to various charities. Wonder Woman is an ambassador of peace, tying to bring people together and care for them. Let's not forget that Batman has a long history of this kind of work too. In Batman Inc., Batman was shown starting various foundations and charities to combat poverty, trauma, and the reformation of criminals. There have even been stories where Batman helps criminals released from prison by getting them jobs in their neighborhood or at Wayne Enterprises. Does Batman have his own trauma? Sure, absolutely. That trauma doesn't cut him off emotionally from the rest of the world. Superman has plenty of trauma in his life but no one says he can't help because of it. Same with Wonder Woman. Batman is the kind of guy who will always put other people first, no matter what. He wont' take time off to heal his wounds or deal with his traumas because to him that is selfish. He sees the time he'd spend taking care of himself as time that someone else could be hurt. The whole reason Bruce became Batman is so that no one would have to suffer the same trauma he suffered. He bears his burdens but the people always come first. So he absolutely would be involved with Sanctuary. He'd want to make sure Sanctuary has everything it needs to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    I think it makes perfect sense to have all three of these heroes involved in founding The Sanctuary. Superman and Wonder Woman are both known to show great compassion, even for their enemies. They will always try to help someone in need, even if that person is attacking them. Superman has been shown making deals to have profits from merchandise bearing his likeness or symbol to various charities. Wonder Woman is an ambassador of peace, tying to bring people together and care for them. Let's not forget that Batman has a long history of this kind of work too. In Batman Inc., Batman was shown starting various foundations and charities to combat poverty, trauma, and the reformation of criminals. There have even been stories where Batman helps criminals released from prison by getting them jobs in their neighborhood or at Wayne Enterprises. Does Batman have his own trauma? Sure, absolutely. That trauma doesn't cut him off emotionally from the rest of the world. Superman has plenty of trauma in his life but no one says he can't help because of it. Same with Wonder Woman. Batman is the kind of guy who will always put other people first, no matter what. He wont' take time off to heal his wounds or deal with his traumas because to him that is selfish. He sees the time he'd spend taking care of himself as time that someone else could be hurt. The whole reason Bruce became Batman is so that no one would have to suffer the same trauma he suffered. He bears his burdens but the people always come first. So he absolutely would be involved with Sanctuary. He'd want to make sure Sanctuary has everything it needs to succeed.
    I agree with you. And Batman has been doing this since the stories in 1940.

BUT again, he needs to be getting help for his PTSD, not being a one of the people telling others how to deal with their PTSD. It's like somebody telling you how to manage your money but keep having money problems or are broke.

Supes and WW and even Flash are totally different in the sense that they want to be happy and they revel in happiness and light. Yes they have their trauma but the passion for life and for justice is not driven by it. Clark, Diana and Barry giving advice and techniques on how to get pass their trauma is completely believable.

Batman however, in a personal since if he is in his house helping somebody or helping somebody in a 1-one-1 situation. Absolutely. I always said that Bruce is one of the kindest characters in the comics.

But in an office/room setting? Where you can see him that way? Heck no, I ain't going to see him, LOLOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I agree with you. And Batman has been doing this since the stories in 1940.

BUT again, he needs to be getting help for his PTSD, not being a one of the people telling others how to deal with their PTSD. It's like somebody telling you how to manage your money but keep having money problems or are broke.

Supes and WW and even Flash are totally different in the sense that they want to be happy and they revel in happiness and light. Yes they have their trauma but the passion for life and for justice is not driven by it. Clark, Diana and Barry giving advice and techniques on how to get pass their trauma is completely believable.

Batman however, in a personal since if he is in his house helping somebody or helping somebody in a 1-one-1 situation. Absolutely. I always said that Bruce is one of the kindest characters in the comics.

But in an office/room setting? Where you can see him that way? Heck no, I ain't going to see him, LOLOL!
    Oh yeah, I agree, Bruce needs help too. Many heroes close to him have told him that to his face too. I didn't read the original article that mentioned Sanctuary. Did the heroes just help set it up or are they there providing treatment? I couldn't see any of the three actually trying to do therapy sessions themselves. They all know that isn't their field of expertise and would want professionals to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The idea in itself seems interesting, although it seems rather odd to me for Batman to be anyone you'd go to for mental advice. Yes he's a veteran superhero. But he's also messed up in the head mentally, and he'd be the first to admit it. That part seems like a forcing of the Trinity concept. Superman I can buy in this role. Wonder Woman I can buy in this role. But not Batman. I mean, the dude has PTSD currently himself. Its not something he had and has successfully treated. He still has it to this very day. For it to make more sense I'd go in the direction of a Barry Allen. Someone stable. His law enforcement background makes him fit even more.
    This is all very true but sometimes when people need help all they need is someone to listen to them. Arguably the fact that he can actually relate to having PTSD might make him perfect in the role of counseling others because he has a firsthand understanding of what they are going through.