Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I mean, I can think of a few (only a few) writers who might be able to do a better job than Slott, but the vast majority of writers at Marvel would be a huge downgrade, especially Spencer. I’m really not excited.
    I'm of the exact opposite opinion on Marvel writers vs. Slott, but I also would not care for Spencer on the title.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm of the exact opposite opinion on Marvel writers vs. Slott, but I also would not care for Spencer on the title.
    Really? Seems like everyone at Marvel thinks of Spider-Man as a completely incompetent nincompoop and/or totally naive buffoon. Who do you think could handle Spider-Man well?

We should give the next guy a shot.

Nick Spencer's not my first choice, but if it's him, he could do well on the series, as he did on his Jimmy Olsen stories and Superior Foes.

And if it doesn't work out, there will be a bit less pressure for the next guy.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Really? Seems like everyone at Marvel thinks of Spider-Man as a completely incompetent nincompoop and/or totally naive buffoon. Who do you think could handle Spider-Man well?
    Gail Simone. (She's writing a new Domino series for Marvel.)

Well, that would probably put them on par with Slott in my mind .

I didn't really care for Robbie Thompson's Peter when he's interacting with Silk but otherwise I think he writes a solid Spidey.

I am willing to give Spencer a shot if it is him, as much as i was caught off guard by his Stevil he did make the character relevant again so perhaps he can do the same for Peter.

I'm only interested in reading Amazing again specifically because Slott isn't involved. I actually enjoyed most of his run, but he peaked with Superior and should've moved on after Peter was back. But he kept dredging along and gave us Clone Conspiracy. I've never (ever) stopped reading spider-man before until after that story. Unforgivably bad plotting and mischaracterization. I'm solely interested in reading again because it's someone different. Probably won't happen, but personally I'd like Chris Gage to take over.

Jumping the gun a bit, I think.

And as others have said, Slott chose to leave ASM. Who says he even wants another Spidey book?

Incredible Member

Reasons Dan could/would do this:

- He's already mentioned possibly coming back at some point to finally obtain the record for "Most Spider-man issues written"
    - Many times we have heard Dan express his desire for having more time and/or space to tell the story to his satisfaction
    - He has built up enough of a fan base that a satelite title with Dan at the helm would likely sell above average for a satelite title. Or at least have strong initial sales, which Marvel is all about these days

Not saying Dan Slott on an "All Star Spider-Man" needs to happen, but there's plenty of room for the possibility.

The good news for Slott fans is that Spider-Man writers do tend to come back.

Conway had a stint on Spectacular Spider-Man, and recently did Spiral and the Renew Your Vows series.
    Stern did the Hobgoblin Lives mini-series, Something Can Stop the Juggernaut, and numerous one-shots.
    Tom DeFalco had a second Amazing Spider-Man run.

Who knows what'll happen a few years from now, but I'm looking forward to seeing a decent comic book writer on different franchises.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The good news for Slott fans is that Spider-Man writers do tend to come back.

Conway had a stint on Spectacular Spider-Man, and recently did Spiral and the Renew Your Vows series.
    Stern did the Hobgoblin Lives mini-series, Something Can Stop the Juggernaut, and numerous one-shots.
    Tom DeFalco had a second Amazing Spider-Man run.

Who knows what'll happen a few years from now, but I'm looking forward to seeing a decent comic book writer on different franchises.
    Maybe this means Slott will end up writing more Spider-Man comics than Bendis.

(Of course this also means the possibility is open for Bendis to come back to Marvel and write more Spider-Man comics, thereby moving that goalpost again.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Conway had a stint on Spectacular Spider-Man,
    He also did Web in that era.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage