Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Default DC April Solicitations

https://www.newsarama.com/38272-dc-c...citations.html

some notes I made while skimming:

Action 1000 solicit, no new creative teams announced here though.

Bad month for Doom books - no sign of a new Doomsday Clock or Doom Patrol issue in these solicits.

Looks like that announced Deathstroke v Batman series is just the name of the next Deathstroke arc.

Cyborg hasn't been cancelled after all, but I dunno if Marv Wolfman is the name that's gonna invigorate this series.

Trinity ends with #22, two issues in April.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 01-22-2018 at 03:31 PM.

https://www.newsarama.com/38273-doom...k-delayed.html

Doomsday Clock is moving to bi-monthly (as in every two months, not twice a month). Series is now projected to end in July 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post

Doomsday Clock is moving to bi-monthly (as in every two months, not twice a month). Series is now projected to end in July 2019.
    What?! Good grief!

Astonishing Member

Deathstroke vs Batman is not what I had in mind and sounds like a terrible idea know that I see the details.

Beast Boy has finally gone nuclear.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    What?! Good grief!
    Did the delays on the original Watchmen series teach us nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/38272-dc-c...citations.html

some notes I made while skimming:

Action 1000 solicit, no new creative teams announced here though.

Bad month for Doom books - no sign of a new Doomsday Clock or Doom Patrol issue in these solicits.

Looks like that announced Deathstroke v Batman series is just the name of the next Deathstroke arc.

Cyborg hasn't been cancelled after all, but I dunno if Marv Wolfman is the name that's gonna invigorate this series.

Trinity ends with #22, two issues in April.
    Thanks for that, looks like i’ll Be saving more money than I thought, since i’m Also dropping Batman. I’ll be picking up Superman though- who can resist the legion of fun?

That Deathstroke arc sounds just awful.

WTH is Donna Troy doing chained up in the Watchtower like some animal?! This is how WW mentors???

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Did the delays on the original Watchmen series teach us nothing?
    Ha! Geez now we have to wait longer on the JSA too. Unless they show up in Doomsday Clock.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    WTH is Donna Troy doing chained up in the Watchtower like some animal?! This is how WW mentors???
    I really hope its symbolism.
    Last edited by king81992; 01-22-2018 at 04:09 PM.

The cover art for the Terrifics is just gorgeous. I'm hooked for that alone.

Black Lightning's opening arc peaks.

Cyborg “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated” continues with his co-creator at the helm and the return of his most popular DCyou body style.

Deathstroke....vs Batman. Yes.

Justice League.

Damage.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post

This is huge news. This can't happen unless major rewrites occur which remove the consequences this title is supposed to have for the larger DCU (while not confirmed its a general belief that this was to be where the whole "missing 10 years" plotpoint of the overall Rebirth narrative would be resolved for good), because everything can't just wait around an extra year. Either they get back on track fast and back to a monthly schedule, or this story is boned.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Shame about Doomsday Clock and Trinity, however I'll be reading:
    Action #1000 (obviously)
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Superman
    Nightwing (Yay, Humphries isnt there!!!)
    Red Hood
    Titans
    Teen Titans
    Suicide Squad
    Hellblazer
    Deathstroke
    Batman Beyond
    JL
    The Flash
    Hal Jordan
    Green Arrow
    Trinity
    Raven
    The Terrifics
    Cyborg (Only because Wolfman)
    Update: Also Green Lanterns because Constantine.

I'm not sure if I'll still be reading JLA. I was planning on dropping it whenever Lobo inevitably left.
    Last edited by Denirac; 01-22-2018 at 05:07 PM.

- Superman
    - Action Comics
    - RHATO
    - Nightwing (new writer? Why?)
    - Hal Jordan
    - Justice League
    - Terrifics
    - Deathstroke.
    - Superwoman vol. 3

I’m mostly looking forward to AC #1000. It’s just something you’ll experience once in a lifetime. Literally.
    Kinda bummed about Doomsday Clock, but understandably, Johns needs more time due to AC #1000 and Gary needs more time for his gorgeous art.

Not surprised by Doomsday Clock. I still wonder why they decided to announce it as a monthly title in the first place, when anyone who knows anything about Gary Frank is aware that the man isn't a monthly guy.

"“DARKEST BEFORE DAWN” part one! Hal Jordan is the paragon of a Green Lantern: Courageous and unrelenting. But even a hero can sometimes doubt the methods they’re known to use. And in those moments, something dark creeps in and it can create an evil the universe isn’t ready to face!"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we've seen that all before. They will never stop using Hal for these "the Lantern that might go rogue" type scenarios. 25 years later, Hal Jordan still keeps being portrayed as the most likely candidate to fall to corruption. Obviously he won't turn heel again, but it's getting tiresome. Then there's this gem once again...

“DARKEST BEFORE DAWN” part two! A mysterious object breaks into the Sciencells and abducts former Green Lantern, Tomar-Tu. Hal Jordan flies into action to save his friend, but what he’s confronted by may be too much for the greatest Green Lantern!"

Okay, enough with this crap. I agree with it and I'm sick of reading it too. Stop telling fans who is "the greatest" anything. Hal's career speaks for itself. He is fully aware of his status as some legendary Lantern, but he wouldn't give two fucks about being considered "the greatest". How about "Show, don't tell"? Only crappy writers or editors choose to refer to the characters that way.

Now, Bats, Catwoman and Booster? That sounds good. Give me a Silver Age-type Batman adventure any day of the week. And I suppose the so-called "greatest GL" won't show up in Batman to talk to Bruce about his engagement after all, despite King initially saying he would.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-22-2018 at 04:24 PM.