Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'll be getting:
    The Terrifics #3
    Green Arrow #39
    Nightwing #42 and #43
    Red Hood and the Outlaws #21
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I dont like Damian... Never Have, Never Will, and there are times Teen Titand feels like a Damian solo. Kid Flash I'd like more if he werent called Wally West which reminds me of him being intended to replace the Original Wally.
    Well Damian is my favorite Robin after Dick and the new Wally is growing on me
    Anyway I wonder when Batgirl is getting a new writer. I really would like to support Batgirl but I can't stand Larson. I'm sure she is a nice person but her writing is really bad.

Thoughts:

- Sideways fighting crime without pants? Well, if female heroes can do it, so can the men...though I'm curious if he's fighting a Speedster from the Speed Force Storm in The Flash, because that was a while ago.

- So The Terrifics are "stuck together?" Is that just because of the situation or are they physically stuck together as a team?

- Sounds like Rath is going to get an upgrade so he can go toe-to-toe with Arthur more evenlyTula.

- Tula mediating between Mera and Orm seems sensible.

- I wonder how long before they retcon Tobias Whale back to being albino?

- Big Barda in a roller derby...okay .

- So Marv Wolfman is brought back to write Cyborg. Again. Wouldn't be surprised if he's a placeholder until DC can get a bigger name attached to Cyborg.

- Whatever Wally is doing or for in The Flash is coming at the expense of Iris's health? Well, if anything was going to make this complicated and personal for Barry and Wally, it's Iris .

- Surprised to see Green Arrow with a fill-in writer, though it also sounds like Oliver gets his money back if he's going out to help a war-torn nation.

- I guess we should take the upcoming Green Lanterns storyline as a testament to why GL rings shouldn't be sentient. Oh, and Constantine will be there too.

- I don't get why the GLC solicits keep re-emphasizing the whole "Greatest Green Lantern" thing with Hal. It seems kind of weird they've been doing it consistently for several months now .

- The new JLA arc reminds me of an episode of the Brave and the Bold cartoon, where Ryan was similarly doubtful he could defeat Chronos.

- So now the Suicide Squad are literally going to fight a Supervillain called "The Wall." Subtlety, thy name is not Suicide Squad.

- Beast Boy's beast form on that cover reminds me of his bestial form from that one episode of the Teen Titans cartoon.

- "Only Donna Troy takes Roy at his word, but she’s trapped in the Watchtower…and must escape to save the man she loves!" Well, Abnett certainly seems to be fond of RoyXDonna. And I guess now the Titans are going to fight the Brotherhood of Evil, 'cuz I guess they're now Titans villains too (even though this isn't Beast Boy's team).

Getting: JLA, Cyborg, Damage and Terrifics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- Sideways fighting crime without pants? Well, if female heroes can do it, so can the men...though I'm curious if he's fighting a Speedster from the Speed Force Storm in The Flash, because that was a while ago.

- So The Terrifics are "stuck together?" Is that just because of the situation or are they physically stuck together as a team?

- Sounds like Rath is going to get an upgrade so he can go toe-to-toe with Arthur more evenlyTula.

- Tula mediating between Mera and Orm seems sensible.

- I wonder how long before they retcon Tobias Whale back to being albino?

- Big Barda in a roller derby...okay .

- So Marv Wolfman is brought back to write Cyborg. Again. Wouldn't be surprised if he's a placeholder until DC can get a bigger name attached to Cyborg.

- Whatever Wally is doing or for in The Flash is coming at the expense of Iris's health? Well, if anything was going to make this complicated and personal for Barry and Wally, it's Iris .

- Surprised to see Green Arrow with a fill-in writer, though it also sounds like Oliver gets his money back if he's going out to help a war-torn nation.

- I guess we should take the upcoming Green Lanterns storyline as a testament to why GL rings shouldn't be sentient. Oh, and Constantine will be there too.

- I don't get why the GLC solicits keep re-emphasizing the whole "Greatest Green Lantern" thing with Hal. It seems kind of weird they've been doing it consistently for several months now .

- The new JLA arc reminds me of an episode of the Brave and the Bold cartoon, where Ryan was similarly doubtful he could defeat Chronos.

- So now the Suicide Squad are literally going to fight a Supervillain called "The Wall." Subtlety, thy name is not Suicide Squad.

- Beast Boy's beast form on that cover reminds me of his bestial form from that one episode of the Teen Titans cartoon.

- "Only Donna Troy takes Roy at his word, but she’s trapped in the Watchtower…and must escape to save the man she loves!" Well, Abnett certainly seems to be fond of RoyXDonna. And I guess now the Titans are going to fight the Brotherhood of Evil, 'cuz I guess they're now Titans villains too (even though this isn't Beast Boy's team).
    Its weird seeing the Titans fight the Brain without Beast Boy on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Not really. Johns needs prolly more time due to AC#1000 and Gary Frank simply needs more time otherwise he’d have to rush his art, no one wants that.
    The only way this isn't a problem is if Doomsday Clock isn't supposed to have the ramifications across the verse most think it will have. If its more standalone on that scale, okay, no big deal. But, if the former is indeed true, this is a story that can't linger on for two years, I don't care the reasoning.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Getting for sure:

Batwoman: Alice is finally showing up in the flesh, and if what I think has been done to her is what's been done, it's pretty messed up. Since it's in Gotham, it'll be interesting to see how it lines up with...

Detective Comics: I figured Luke and JPV would side with Kate. Makes a lot of sense. I wonder if the rotating arc stuff will continue, only now switching between the remnants of the Knights and Kate's Colony. Either way, sounds good.

Mother Panic: Gotham A.D.: Poison Ivy might be ageless in this future, but will Selina? Will this Catwoman even be Selina. I know Houser has wanted to write Selina for a while, so I hope so.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

A few books interest me
    like New Teen Titans omnibus vol.3
    Grant Morrison Batman omnibus vol.1
    Superman rebirth hard cover deluxe vol.2

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://twitter.com/Benjamin_Percy/s...85684680650752

Interestingly Percy here lists GA #39 as his last issue but his name doesn't appear for GA in the solicits. Could it be whoever wrote the solicit messed up and revealed the new creative team early?

Green Arrow 38 is the wrap up to stories going back to issue 1. Maybe 38 is Percy's last issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

Interestingly Percy here lists GA #39 as his last issue but his name doesn't appear for GA in the solicits. Could it be whoever wrote the solicit messed up and revealed the new creative team early?
    Definitely sounds like Percy's run as a whole is coming to a close...

But 52 issues. Wow. When was the last time we had a writer on the title that long? Winnick?

I've debated whether to drop TRINITY for some time now but really enjoyed the last issue and look forward to the rest of the Deimos/Warlord/Skartaris storyline.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

No I think more likely, he made a typo. Percy said there are two issues left. That would seem to be 37 and 38, since those are the next two up. Also, I doubt the team announced for April is the team. The way Percy builds up the next team, I think it is going to be a name. My bet is Bendis. The fill-in would be explained by Bendis's sickness that delayed his start at DC.

Astonishing Member

Action Comics # 1000 - Can't hardly not get this one.
    Silencer # 4 - I'm excited for this book, though hey, like all the other Dark Matter books, co-creator artist is already like, splitsville. I'm curious what a guy like Abnett will do with some of those high concepts from the post-Morrison/Tomasi/Seeley/King stuff.
    Aquaman # 35 & Mera # 3 - Not much to say. I'm just super into Aquaman's book currently and like seeing it branch out this way, organically. It's a superior way to branch than say, when they banked on the popularity of Johns's run and had Jurgens start putting out the Aquaman and the Others title. But I actually liked that title, too! But Mera. Come on, right? So good. Aquaman has been stellar with very few exceptions since Brightest Day.
    Batman # 44 & 45 - WEIRD! But I like weird. I feel like King is using Booster to give us his version of the sort of "this is a quick recap of the big important things from Batman's Past, albeit, these are the ones that will be factored into my stories", like a few of Morrison's "clip show" issues did.
    Batman/TMNT II # 6 - Nothing to say. I loved the first mini, haven't started this one yet, but just love the cover and seeing Casey with the Robins.
    Batwoman # 14 - Blanco art should be lovely. Alice is back!
    TBATB: Batman/Wonder Woman # 3 - Tir Na Nog! Last seen in what, the 80s Aquaman run? Will this be a new version of the Celtic legend?
    Cyborg # 21 - Perhaps the only thing that would get me to care about Cyborg again anytime soon.
    Deathstroke # 30 - Everyone is griping about the silliness but seriously the soap opera nature of it makes me SOOOOO HAPPY. It's so silly! It's like a natural sequel to the Divorce Drama of Morrison's run, too.
    Green Arrow # 39 - An opposite reaction; are is Percy off this title? Will his story wrap? Do I really even want to read it if he's gone? Ugh. I hope he's not gone.
    Hal Jordan / GLC # 42 - 43 - Mostly I just think it's great that the Darkstars tease from the just-ended Controllers bit is already paying off. Not a lot of wait there.
    Justice League - More Priest. Excellent.
    JLA - More WTF stories. New Chronos costume. Excellent.
    Mister Miracle lives.
    Nightwing - What the hell is going on with this book right now? Both stories sound amazing, but they're one-shots! What's the creative team situation?
    RHATO - Still reading.
    Superman - Can't wait for BOYZARRO. Super Sons - Love.
    Supergirl - Title is rather effing insane, no?
    Teen Titans - Nothing super exciting solicits wise, but hope it's good.
    Titans # 22 / Annual - The team benching was a bit derivative this month but I still like this title. Mostly I'm just happy to finally see a month of heavy Roy/Jade drama. ALSO hoping the Donna chains are symbolic. I mean who is locking her up? Batman's kid was engineered to be a weapon for evil, too, and you know, nobody is cuffing Damian in the Watchtower. And that kid has murdered before! Roy is a junkie!
    Wonder Woman 44/45 - Just happy to see more Lupacchino.
    Grant Morrison Batman Omnibus - Finally getting it! Woot woot!

Also these solicits and collecteds make me realize I need to go back and re-read the whole of the Rebirth Superman stuff.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Incredible Member

Oh man, I knew it. Doomsday Clock couldn´t be a monthly series if it was drawn by Gray Frank. This should have been drawn by Ivan Reis, he drew completely alone Blackest Night without delays, there was only one scheduled month without issue.