Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Kyle Vol 2

Worried about Doomsday Clock bi-monthly. Maybe it's better to wait and read it entire at the end.

Action Comics
    Aquaman
    Batman
    Batgirl
    Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
    Detective Comics
    Green Arrow
    Hal Jordan and the GLC
    Nightwing
    Red Hood & the Outlaws
    Superman
    Super Sons
    Teen Titans
    Titans
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 01-23-2018 at 05:56 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

This month solicits actually have me pretty excited. Things are looking good.

I'm getting.

Action Comics - Numero 1000. Nuff said.

Superman - Initially I wasn't too excited for this Boyzarro story but it looks like they're going all out with the legion of fun and a whole world full of them . So it looks fun.

Detective - looks like Bat woman's actions will continue to have consequences. As long as Tim is still in this I'm game.

Nightwing - Not really loving this series but these issues sound cool with Arsenal, Damien, and ninjas. Looking forward to these.

Red Hood - I always like when they focus on Jason's more criminal aspect rather than his anti hero side so I'm game

Wonder Woman - WW vs Darkseid. Oh Yea. Nice cover too

Hal Jordan - Dark stars sound cool. The anti GLC. The title of the story "Darkest before the dawn" also sounds like something bigger is coming.

Titans - I'm not thrilled with the way the Titans are being treated , by the JL and by the writer, but this story has me somehow interested . Also it's ending. So , maybe off to better things. Probably not though.

Titans annual - a double helping of Titans . Yes sir. Also is this the only annual coming out that month? I need to check if there are five wendsdays in April.

Flash - Really happy Wally is being featured prominently in this. I just hope they don't make too much depressing drama from him. But this will be the first time I pick up this series. Maybe I will pick up part one of this story arc this week.

Trinity - Too bad this is ending. Was just starting to get into it.

Mini series I'm getting or interested in.
    Demon.
    Batman/TMNT
    Mera
    Brave and the bold.
    The Terrifics

Batman also sounds interesting. I might check it out even though I don't collect it.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 01-23-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Well, I love Percy's run, but it sounds like he's getting to end it on his terms. And he is technically one of the longest serving writers on any title at this point. The current arc has been a culmination of everything on the title since Rebirth started, so it does make sense that it happens now.

I wonder what he will be on next. He says he is going to a darker zipcode. Maybe Gotham?
    I'm gonna say Hellblazer since he already did Detective Comics before, but who knows.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious how much longer he'll stick out on Teen Titans.
    Well, he's always talk about how he plans to do centric arcs for each of the characters. Damian and Jackson have been done, Wally has sort of had one, and Gar's is coming up next. I imagine he intends to stay on at least long enough to do a Starfire arc and a Raven arc.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm gonna say Hellblazer since he already did Detective Comics before, but who knows.
    That's a possibility. It would suit his horror interests. But didn't Seeley just get on the book? I doubt he's giving it up so soon, unless it was always intended to be short term.

Fantastic Member

Im excited for but a little worried about Tony Daniel on Batman and what that means for Damage. Can he handle both or will there be a fill in artist already?

Edit: I see now that he’s only doing the Damage cover.
    Last edited by soundsci; 01-23-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Is anyone NOT planning on picking up Action 1000? I'm actually curious.

2 morrison omnibii and only 75 bucks each?

Heck yaw i am really happy.

If percy comes to Gotham in will be extremely disappointed

The doomsday clock news will only push it back maybe 2-3 months as there were already 2 planned skip months

3 comes out this week, and 4 is still a go for February

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

sideways #3
    aquaman #35
    mera, queen of atlantis #3
    justice league #42 & 43
    mister miracle #8
    cave carson has an interstellar eye #2
    eternity girl #2
    mother panic: Gotham a.d. #2
    shade, the changing woman #2

Maybe- batman #44 & 45

DCU:
    Aquaman #35
    Batman #44-45
    Batman: White Knight #7
    Deathstroke #30 - More Batman vs Deathstroke by Priest is an easy buy.
    Flash #44-45 - Barely holding my interest, this book has really done a 180 for me since the start of Rebirth.
    Green Lanterns #44-45
    Immortal Men #2
    Justice League #42-43 - I really hope Priest will still be on this in May.
    Mister Miracle #8
    New Super-Man & the Justice League of China #22
    Raven: Daughter of Darkness #4
    Sideways #3 - I really hope Rocafort is on this in May, one of the few artist I'll buy a book for.
    The Silencer #4 - Liked Bogdanovic on New Super-Man, still not excited for the change.
    Suicide Squad #39-40
    Super Sons #15
    Superman #44-45
    The Terrifics #3
    The Wildstorm #13

Hanna Barbera:
    Scooby Apocalypse #24

Young Animal:
    Cave Carson Has An Interstellar Eye #2 - So excited for this book, Cave Carson is easily my favorite of this imprint.
    Eternity Girl #2
    Mother Panic: Gotham A.D. #2
    Shade, The Changing Woman #2

Maybes:
    Cyborg #21 - Feels like DC has no clue what to do with this book, but I've really enjoyed Wolfman's Raven minis so I want to give this a chance.
    Damage #4 - If the story still has me interested, since who knows how many artist changes we'll get.
    Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles #4 - My LCS didn't get it or bought very few so I haven't got the first issue. If I find it I'll keep going.
    Mera Queen of Atlantis #3 - Trying to reduce my pull so if there's space and I like the #1.
    The Curse of Brimestone - Not really interested in this, but I'll try anything for $2.99.

Doomsday Clock delays and the New Age of Heroes hollow "Putting the Artist first" really are killing my buzz for both. At least my favorite Young Animal books are back.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    ACTION COMICS #1000 - With all the variants. Because, well, Action Comics #1000! Also, calling it: Bendis is gonna do a Legion story in Action Comics. Maybe he'll do the story that reintroduces Conner and end up Young Justice instead, but I think he'll get the Legion because the Legion need strong sales. The Legion might still go to Tom King, but I really do think it might go to Bendis instead.
    THE TERRIFICS #3 - The preview didn't impress me. This gets an arc. I don't wanna read another series that Lemire is just doing for a paycheck.
    BATMAN #44
    BATMAN #45 - Okay... I did not expect Booster Gold to appear in Tom King's Batman run.
    DEATHSTROKE #30
    THE FLASH #44 - Yeah, I've decided to start following this series again because of Wally.
    THE FLASH #45 - Oh jeez, did Wally trying to jog Iris' memory put her in a coma or something?! And... ugh, I really don't want a straight-up feud i the Flash Family. I thought "Flash War" was gonna be a bait-and-switch, and end with, like, a friendly race where no definitive answer is given on who's better. I don't know, I was expecting the Reverse-Flashes to return and wage war with the Flash Family or something. *sigh*
    MISTER MIRACLE #8
    WONDER WOMAN #44 - Okay, this run started off well but has gotten... iffy. Diana is just so aggressive in this series and I hate it! Also, Jason's introductory arc had him be so... annoying. Also, seriously, Robinson? That arc name?
    WONDER WOMAN #45
    CAVE CARSON HAS AN INTERSTELLAR EYE #2
    MOTHER PANIC: GOTHAM A.D. #2 - Gets an arc, even though I question the change of setting, since Houser did a great job of setting her story in Gotham just enough.
    THE WILD STORM #13

DOOM PATROL VOL. 2: NADA TP
    GREEN LANTERN: KYLE RAYNER VOL. 2 TP
    LEGIONNAIRES BOOK TWO TP - Fuck yeah! Really enjoyed the first trade, and I really do think this is my favourite version of the Legion.
    SUPERGIRL: BEING SUPER TP - Boooo!!!! No hardcover?! Boooo!!!! Seriously, this is probably my favourite Super comic of all time. Tamaki just made Kara so relatable and human. Just... an amazing series. The only problem is some disconnect with the art, but other than that, just a great series that I don't mind having on my shelf twice.
    SEVEN SOLDIERS BY GRANT MORRISON OMNIBUS HC - Yes!!! I've actually been meanign to read this! I read the first issue but then just dropped off, but I've been craving some Morrison comics and this is right up my ally! It also means I can finally read Final Crisis after this
    ZERO HOUR: CRISIS IN TIME HC - I've never read this, and I'm just curious. I know it's nothing amazing or anything, but it's important to a lot of things I care about, so... yeah. Seeing Babs as Batgirl on the cover threw me off a bit though, before I noticed Dick (or Jason?) as Robin next to Tim.

Maybe:
    THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD: BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN #3 - Depending on the first issue.
    ETERNITY GIRL #2 - Depending on the first issue, since I'm not reading everything Young Animal anymore.
    SHADE, THE CHANGING WOMAN #2 - Depending on the first issue. The first series peaked about halfway through, so yeah.

BATMAN AND THE SIGNAL TP - Kind of interested. Not really as Duke fan, but I'm curious what everything built up to. Also, I like that this collects the backup stories from All-Star Batman.
    GREEN ARROW VOL. 5: HARD-TRAVELING HERO TP - Oh, sure, put Barry on the cover for the Arrowverse crowd instead of Hal. But yeah, kinda wanna read this.
    JLA YEAR ONE TP NEW EDITION - Not something I wanted the OHC for, but a trade might be okay.
    SUPERMAN BY MARK MILLAR TP - I've heard really good things about Millar's Superman Adventures comics, and that this was before Millar just became Edgelord McEdgington.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

So.. Ivy on that Damage cover... Don't get me wrong, I don't like the black in her outfit, and if this is signifying that she's going back to her classic look, I'm all for it... but I'm guessing Tony S. Daniel just wanted to draw boobs.

Isn't the new Robin in Batman Beyond Matt?

So... I guess DC are giving Collin Kelly and Jackson Lanzing more work now? I've found them very mixed at best (Batman Eternal, Grayson and Joyride), but Percy's Green Arrow annoyed me for the most part, so a new team on Green Arrow would be nice. Also, I think I like Marcio Takara's art? I kinda recall the name? Also, guess GA is monthly now?

I'm usually not keen on Tim Seeley's art, but that Hellblazer cover looks pretty good! Nothing amazing or anything, but just well-drawn.

Could've sworn that Injustice 2 #23 cover was my Tyler Kirkham.

Man, the one of Justice League's covers in Priest's run are all over the place. Also, surprised they haven't given it to Bendis yet, but I guess he had his accident.

So is Nightwing just getting fill-in issues, or is DC looking for a new writer? Because I kinda didn't even read the post-Seeley stuff yet and am now a bit weary of starting it.

Of all the random stuff to give to Kelly and Lanzing, RHatO isn't one of them?! I don't think anyone who reads that series is doing it for Lobdell, guys! I don't think anyone reads a series for Lobdell!

I've heard the rumours about Bendis going to Superman and now seeing that Tomasi and Gleason's arc is ending... please no! Bendis is iffy at best, but Tomasi and Gleason have been so good! They've been the best thing ton happen to the franchise in years! If you really need to give him a straight-up Superman book instead of Legion or Young Justice, give him Supergirl or Action Comics!

Speaking of, that Supergirl cover feels like it's missing some parts in Kara's costume change and flight.

It's cute to see Damian and Jon smiling at each other like that after they've both come to terms with being each other's friend like they did.

Wow, after the most recent issue of Titans and the upcoming Flash stuff, I took it as a metacommentary about Wally finally leaving the Titans for the Flash series... and there he is on the Annual. Though it might be a last hurrah for him on that series, who knows.

The lack of feet on that Suicide Squad OHC... seriously, wow.

Dammit, DC! I'd buy that Grant Morrison Batman omnibus... but it collects the two OHCs I have, and, really, I'd only buy the omnibi for this run for reading order reasons, since I already have all the OHCs except The Return of Bruce Wayne (and the second Batman, Inc. series, since it doesn't have any).

Batman on that Bronze Age Brave and the Bold Omnibus cover looks awesome. Good job, Kerschl

That Astro City #52 cover is beautiful. Fitting that it ends at issue 52, especially with the multiverse-invoking cover, and I really do need to start reading this series. Man, it seems to just be a big love letter to the genre.

Also, someone tell CBR they posted the same thing twice on the same page. Thought this month would be way bigger than it actually is.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Incredible Member

Green Arrow having filler and Cyborg suddenly coming back from the dead for presumably 3-6 issues (depending on how the trade will be filled) makes me think Bendis was going to be on those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Is anyone NOT planning on picking up Action 1000? I'm actually curious.
    Me. Whenever there is basically an anthology of different creative teams, I end up only like 2-3 of them at most. Not worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    There is a few things of the trades with peaked my interest.

Batman Ghost by Sam Keith sounds interesting haven't read it though. I think the occult side of Gotham/Batman is one there is often overlooked. Could be explored a lot more than it is.

JLA Year One by Mark Waid have been hearing so many good things about this now it is maybe finally the time to pick it up. Maybe, I'm not the biggest Mark Waid fan out there.

Pretty intersted in the new Wild Storm series by Warren Ellis. However I will probably end up buying the Authority and Storwatch collections first.

Seven Soldiers by grant Morrison is a series I have wanted to pick up but never got around it. I will definitely be on the look out for it. However probably not a day one purchase.

Sidenote: That is heck of lot of trades released written by Marv Wolfman

Deathstroke vol 4
    Green Lantern Kyle Rayner vol 2
    Teen Titans Omnibus vol 3
    Titans Total Chaos TP
    it's pretty great. it's my definitive jla origin, to hell with this cyborg nonsense. beautifully drawn, too.