Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

****, Captain America's new outfit looks terrible. Too much crap on it. I much preferred the one from The Avengers.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

I'm looking forward to seeing all these complaints die out with excitement after the film actually comes out and people actually watch it. Just like damn near every film these past few years.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing all these complaints die out with excitement after the film actually comes out and people actually watch it. Just like damn near every film these past few years.
    Trust me. Most people here are genuinely thrilled. Its hard to please some 'fans'

Astonishing Member

The designs aren't great by any stretch of the imagination. I guess the films try to add comic book design elements -- but in a realistic way. Most people are not going to have access to the kinda of designs and outfits that traditionally appear in a comic books. Also, it's easier to forgive the scaled-down outfits when you actually see the characters in actions - as opposed to just seeing a still from the film. At least Wanda and Pietro aren't in black the way the X-Men were for the first few films.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    ****, Captain America's new outfit looks terrible. Too much crap on it. I much preferred the one from The Avengers.
    Yeah, I actually agree with you. I liked that the Avengers outfit actually tried to look like a superhero outfit. A couple of tweaks to it, and it would have been perfect.
    Plus I really can't stand the chinstrap. Somehow it always somehow makes Chris Evans look younger and less suited to the part.

Like seeing Thor without the arm armour though. But that'll probably only be for a couple of scenes..

BANNED

Cap's suit looks great!

Ultimate Member

Yes, it might be my favorite Cap design thus far (although his TFA and SHIELD suit from TWS were also really good). As for Wanda and Pietro, them not having costumes in those pics could be as simple as their not Avengers at that point. It appears like they spend a large chunk of this movie OPPOSING the Avengers, and they're apparently just drifters who wander around. So them having proper costumes at that point doesn't make much sense. I would be at all surprised if that if/when they switch sides and join the Avengers, then they get actual costumes.

BANNED

I thought a lot of stuff about the first Avengers film had a very "cheap" look and feel to it and this doesn't seem to be any different. Cap's costume, Quicksilver's hair and costume, Thor's hair (it looked awesome in the first Thor film and has never been the same since). I'm not all that confident in Avengers 2.

You're giving up on the the movie because of ... hair!?

Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-18-2014 at 11:22 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

No, not just that. Rewatching The Avengers, it pained me to listen to the dialogue. It seems like all Whedon can write is cheesy one-liners. And the "cheap" feel that I talked about earlier? It extends to the filmmaking. The final battle looked as if it was filmed for television but had a huge CGI budget.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    No, not just that. Rewatching The Avengers, it pained me to listen to the dialogue. It seems like all Whedon can write is cheesy one-liners. And the "cheap" feel that I talked about earlier? It extends to the filmmaking. The final battle looked as if it was filmed for television but had a huge CGI budget.
    Really? It looked class to me/

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Really? It looked class to me/
    It looked grand enough, I think, for me, but I did feel it looked clearly different. Like a movie, perhaps, but it was shot, or filmed, in a different ways to the others, in how the characters looked, or their surroundings.

I didn't necessarily find it cheap looking, but I can see where someone might feel like it was, say, a TV movie, to look at, even if the effects and fights were effective enough.

Arguable about dialogue, but that's what I say about them anyway.

Quicksilver look's horrible.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    It looked grand enough, I think, for me, but I did feel it looked clearly different. Like a movie, perhaps, but it was shot, or filmed, in a different ways to the others, in how the characters looked, or their surroundings.

I didn't necessarily find it cheap looking, but I can see where someone might feel like it was, say, a TV movie, to look at, even if the effects and fights were effective enough.

Arguable about dialogue, but that's what I say about them anyway.
    Most likely just the Green Screen.

Ultimate Member

Not really. The "TV movie" argument is ridiculous. Literally NO ONE that I've talked to has said that, not one. And I've noticed that people throw around the "TV movie" moniker, but no one seems to ever specify what that means exactly? What is your definition of what a "TV movie" looks like? Because from what I've seen, different TV movies can looks quite different from each other. Did TA have the greatest cinematography ever, certainly not. But it was certainly "cinematic."