Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman April 2018 Solicitations

WONDER WOMAN #44
    Written by JAMES ROBINSON • Art by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO • Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN • Variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    “AMAZONS ATTACKED” part four! When last they met, Wonder Woman was robbed of a chance to meet Darkseid in single combat—and she’s certain she’d be able to take him down. At last, she’s going to get her wish—but with Darkseid at full power, is she still sure she’ll survive?
    On sale APRIL 11 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

WONDER WOMAN #45
    Written by JAMES ROBINSON • Art by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO • Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN • Variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    “AMAZONS ATTACKED” finale! It’s all-out war for Themyscira! Jason’s been handed a gift from the gods that could turn the tide…but how will he use it? And is this gift actually what he believes it to be?
    On sale APRIL 25 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD: BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN #3
    Written by LIAM SHARP • Art and cover by LIAM SHARP
    Batman arrives in Tir Na Nóg to help Wonder Woman solve the mystery of a murdered god. But while he may be the World’s Greatest Detective, he soon learns that the techniques he uses on our world may not aid him in this strange new one. As the investigation continues and new suspects are revealed, this dynamic duo learns that each may be more dangerous than the last.
    On sale APRIL 18 • 32 pg, 3 of 6, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+

JUSTICE LEAGUE #42
    Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST • Art by PETE WOODS • Cover by DAVID YARDIN • Variant cover by J.G. JONES
    “JUSTICE LOST” part two! Trapped in the chaos of tribal conflict, the Justice League becomes divided over whether to intervene in a civil war in order to protect thousands of fleeing refugees—and a crucial decision could have dire consequences for one of their members! Meanwhile, Batman and Aquaman clash over how to take down the nemesis known only as the Fan, who holds all of their secrets hostage.
    On sale APRIL 4 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

JUSTICE LEAGUE #43
    Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST • Art by PETE WOODS • Cover by DAVID YARDIN • Variant cover by J.G. JONES
    “JUSTICE LOST” finale! Struggling to save one of their own and extricate themselves from the grip of war, the Justice League’s hand is forced by the mercenary Deathstroke! Decisions must be made about Red Lion’s brutality, the insidious tactics of the Fan and the League’s role as the World’s Greatest Heroes. When the dust settles, will the old alliances still stand?
    On sale APRIL 18 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

TRINITY #21
    Written by JAMES ROBINSON • Art by PATCH ZIRCHER • Cover by GUILLEM MARCH • Variant cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    “MAN DOWN” part two! Deimos and his armies have besieged the Trinity—so why is Steve Trevor helping the enemy?! Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman fight their way through one monstrous magical menace after another as Dark Strike’s stolen Skartaran weaponry is unleashed!
    On sale APRIL 11 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

TRINITY #22
    Written by JAMES ROBINSON • Art by PATCH ZIRCHER • Cover by GUILLEM MARCH • Variant cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    “MAN DOWN” finale! The Trinity and Warlord have discovered Deimos’ plan to use the Skartaran Time Weapon to reduce his enemies to dust—but time itself is not on our heroes’ side! It’s up to Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman to save Steve Trevor, defeat Deimos and seal the breach with Skartaris before the entire world is consumed by magic powerful enough to melt millennia!
    On sale APRIL 25 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • FINAL ISSUE
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

Darkseid is about to become a laughing stock if he gets beaten by Diana alone.

And just when he was about to recover his reputation, after Darkseid War, when he was taking the whole Justice League alone without breaking a sweat and fighting Anti-Monitor.

Well, at least the DCU has Anti-Monitor, until he tries to get Atlantis and Aquaman beats him or something.
    Last edited by GodofBoredom; 01-22-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodofBoredom View Post
    Darkseid is about to become a laughing stock if he gets beaten by Diana alone.

And just when he was about to recover his reputation, after Darkseid War, when he was taking the whole Justice League alone without breaking a sweat and fighting Anti-Monitor.

Well, at least the DCU has Anti-Monitor, until he tries to get Atlantis and Aquaman beats him or something.
    I have a hard time believing that they will let Diana beat up a fully powered Darkseid

Darkseid will be fine considering the context. Darkseid has technically lost to Superman tons of times and he's always fine in the end. It depends how it happens. Maybe Jason helps. Maybe the goddesses help. Maybe she defeats him by wit over brawn. There's tons of scenarios where Darkseid would be just fine while Diana still wins the day. In any case, Wonder Woman has more at stake here, not Darkseid.

Btw the way the "one of their own" that needs saving in the JL solicits is probably Diana. The cover of #42 is Superman holding her.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I have a hard time believing that they will let Diana beat up a fully powered Darkseid
    I have no doubt it will happen.

Robinson has ruined a potentially very fomidable and long lasting Wonder Woman villain in Grail, who has turned into a punching bag this last arc after being portrayed as superior in Darkseid War, and now is about to have her beat a villain that operates on Anti-Monitor level, and has casually walked through the entire Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Darkseid will be fine considering the context. Darkseid has technically lost to Superman tons of times and he's always fine in the end. It depends how it happens. Maybe Jason helps. Maybe the goddesses help. Maybe she defeats him by wit over brawn. There's tons of scenarios where Darkseid would be just fine while Diana still wins the day. In any case, Wonder Woman has more at stake here, not Darkseid.

Btw the way the "one of their own" that needs saving in the JL solicits is probably Diana. The cover of #42 is Superman holding her.
    Not this version of Darkseid. It took the whole team just to push him through a boom tube, and he was easily handling them all, in the first arc of Justice League. Then when he came back, he fought Anti-Monitor who had absorbed UNIVERSES to get on his level AND was wielding the anti-life equation. Then he was straight up WALKING through the Justice League, as if they were bugs.

To have Wonder Woman beat him undones all of that. I don't think you realize how much villains depend on reputation.

There's a reason Thanos stomps Thor every time they meet. And Darkseid is supposed to be higher than even that.
    Last edited by GodofBoredom; 01-22-2018 at 04:03 PM.

She was never a punching bag. Jason was the punching bag. She was beating him up while he distracted her from Diana. They haven't had their throwdown just the same as Diana and Darkseid haven't. In any case she hasn't been ruined in the slightest. The worst problem with her right now is just that she's fairly one-dimensional. But that's nothing that can't ever be fixed.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    She was never a punching bag. Jason was the punching bag. She was beating him up while he distracted her from Diana. They haven't had their throwdown just the same as Diana and Darkseid haven't. In any case she hasn't been ruined in the slightest. The worst problem with her right now is just that she's fairly one-dimensional. But that's nothing that can't ever be fixed.
    Grail is supposed to be faster and at least as strong as Wonder Woman, as per Diana herself, even when she was the God of War and without bracelets, which Grail has destroyed with her Omega Beams. On top of that, she was trained her whole life by the master assassin of the Amazons.

In this arc, Diana has taken both her and Jason simultaneously. Grail sucker punched her yet this still happened (google search sure is helpful):
    https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress...0148518971.jpg

She was lucky Jason went full Poseidon, otherwise Wonder Woman would have slaughtered her.

The second time Diana was about to, again, fight both of them, until Darkseid intervened.

Grail was also taking on the whole Justice League.

Now she's portrayed as Diana's WWE practicing partner.

See a pattern?

Let's not pretend Darkseid will be any different.
    Last edited by GodofBoredom; 01-22-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Bonus solicitation for Donna fans:

TITANS #22
    Written by DAN ABNETT • Art and cover by PAUL PELLETIER and ANDREW HENNESSY • Variant cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
    “Titans Apart” part three! As Arsenal follows the trail of a conspiracy that no one else can see, he finds himself at the mercy of Cheshire, who’s both a deadly assassin and his ex! Only Donna Troy takes Roy at his word, but she’s trapped in the Watchtower…and must escape to save the man she loves!

Wow... After scanning all the solicits I am excited about... Literally none of them.

Well, the WW/Batman comic still looks fun.

Heh, oddly enough that's the only one I'm not touching with a ten foot pole. Everything else is in. Even Trinity, since its ending I might as well read the last story.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Wow... After scanning all the solicits I am excited about... Literally none of them.

Well, the WW/Batman comic still looks fun.
    I agree, that's the only one that does anything for me. JL could still be interesting, but that's naturally not about just Diana.

The main book is ending an arc. Maybe Robinson will leave after this. Orlando might be leaving Supergirl this same month, dare I hope he hops over here?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Trinity is cancelled. That book could have been really great but they bungled it. Superman/Batman team books can last for years and decades. Add Wonder Woman to it and we get a couple of months. Sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Trinity is cancelled. That book could have been really great but they bungled it. Superman/Batman team books can last for years and decades. Add Wonder Woman to it and we get a couple of months. Sadness.
    I wish Wonder Woman could get a second monthly, in-continuity comic.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

In #45, Jason finally gets a magic thingamabob...yay! What will it be, though?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Bonus solicitation for Donna fans:

TITANS #22
    Written by DAN ABNETT • Art and cover by PAUL PELLETIER and ANDREW HENNESSY • Variant cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
    “Titans Apart” part three! As Arsenal follows the trail of a conspiracy that no one else can see, he finds himself at the mercy of Cheshire, who’s both a deadly assassin and his ex! Only Donna Troy takes Roy at his word, but she’s trapped in the Watchtower…and must escape to save the man she loves!
    So we just gonna ignore Diana trapping Donna in the tower like a prisoner? Why does DC hate giving WW good characterization?