Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Expanding on that, Richard Pryor as the Riddler, Eddie Murphy as Joker, Grace Jones as Catwoman.
    wait... instead of Richard Pryor how about using "the Boondocks" Aaron MacGruder as the Riddler?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Tom Cruise as The Riddler

He does pretty good in his villainous roles and I'm sure he's bound to get tired of playing heroes who run from things one day. Why not have a turn as a villain moving the chess pieces from the shadows, leading the Dark Knight via question mark by the nose in a deductively deadly game of cat and mouse?

Either that, or my original Tom Cruise fan-cast as Wonder Woman's Dr. Psycho.

Also since William Dafoe is now out of the picture with his role as Aquaman's Vulko, Christopher Walken must play Granny Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDub View Post
    Okay this all stems from a single photo I seen that a photo manip of Wiliam defoe as a joker and literally i did this list in like two minutes lol
    William Defoe really could be excellent in the role. I made this one of the idea.
    jokerthe_aviatorg___copyfghghvgbggbfhgghggv_by_stevenely-dbz225e.jpg

I think the most oddball superhero casting idea ever was probably the Bill Murray as Batman and Eddie Murphy as Robin idea from Jon Peters in '84 when Ghostbusters and Beverly Hills Cop were the hit movies of the day. It would have been funny for a Saturday Night Live Batman parody skit.
    batman_directed_by_ivan_reitman_1984_movie_concept_by_stevenely-dbtl6kw.jpg
    Jerry Siegel/Joe Shuster, Bill Finger/Bob Kane/Gardner Fox/Sheldon Moldoff/Jerry Robinson, William Moulton Marston under the pen name Charles Moulton/Harry Peter. Creators of the most enduring iconic archetypes of the comic book superhero genre. The creators early Golden Age versions should be preserved. The early Golden Age mythology by the creators are as close to the proper, correct authentic versions as there is.

https://www.avclub.com/bill-murray-e...app-1848617020
    In every generation, there is a Batman. As Robert Pattinson’s younger, emo Bruce Wayne glides onto screens, he joins an already esteemed group of actors who donned the suit and cape. There’s Adam West, Michael Keaton, Christian Bale, and Ben Affleck to name a few. However, in another universe, there is an Ivan Reitman-directed Batman movie with Bill Murray as the Dark Knight and Eddie Murphy as his Boy Wonder, Robin.

With a revolving door of directors being considered for the 1980s production, the late comedy director Ivan Reitman was next in line for the Batman film due to the success of 1981's Stripes. However, in a recent interview with Yahoo Entertainment, Murray explains why his version of Batman never got to stalk the dark streets of Gotham City alongside Eddie Murphy’s Robin.

“I talked to Eddie Murphy about it, and Eddie wanted to play Batman,” says Murphy when asked if him and Reitman every discussed the role. “That’s as far as that conversation went.”

The seed of a Bill Murray and Eddie Murphy Batman and Robin didn’t go much past the talking stages, and even Michael Uslan, who has produced every Batman feature film since attaining the films rights to the character in 1979, was left in the dark about it. “That was purposefully kept away from me,” he says with a chuckle in the same interview.

Related Stories
    What the hell were any of us thinking making the terrible Batman Forever a huge hit?
    Matt Reeves says HBO Max’s The Batman spin-off about Gotham's cops is on hold
    Before R. Patz did it, Batman Beyond gave us a younger hero braving a more dangerous Gotham
    With both Murray and Murphy wanting to wear the Batman cape, there was a question of whether the roles could be switched but Murray wasn’t too into the idea. “I don’t wanna be the Boy Wonder to anybody,” Murray says. “Maybe much earlier when I was a boy. But it was too late for that by the ’80s. Also, I couldn’t do the outfit. Eddie looks good in purple, and I look good in purple. In red and green, I look like one of Santa’s elves. There was just a lot of vanity involved in the production. It wasn’t gonna happen.”

Benedict Cumberbatch responds to "very odd" The Power Of The Dog criticism
    Don’t Breathe’s Fede Álvarez to direct an Alien reboot for Hulu
    Matt Reeves swears he's not trying to set up a Batman sequel with that ending
    The Weather Station's quiet new album of piano ballads speaks volumes
    After moving on from the script, Reitman and Murray suffered no losses as their next endeavor was the blockbuster hit Ghostbusters. The offer to direct the Batman film was still on the table for Reitman, but he wasn’t ready for another expansive film. “He said, ‘I’m exhausted. I can’t do another big picture back-to-back. And the search started all over again,” explains Uslan.

bad ideas all the way around. Sheesh. I could see Bill Murray as the smart aleck reporter partner of Vicki Vale, or the Joker, or Riddler, but...

As for Eddie.. Going back to the mid-80s, the major studios didn’t give a damn about any black male leading actors except for Eddie, and even then it was all about fish-out-of-water comedic action films where he could cut up and improv, but not really have a love interest. If the filmmakers were going to simply update the Adam West version, I guess he could have pulled it off, but of course, Mr. Uslan wanted to play this as the straight version. You could have had some potentially provocative dramatic material to make this Bruce Wayne a black man of his age whose wealthy parents were murdered at the height of civil rights social tumult.

Well, we ended up with Pluto Nash, right? (sigh)...