2 8.00%
  • UMBRAL #7

0 0%
  • WICKED & DIVINE #2

7 28.00%
  • WILDFIRE #2

2 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Image Comic of the Week July 16/14 - The Wicked + the Divine #2, Rat Queens Returns!

Slow week for Image as only a few titles were solicited last week. Shutter #4 with 7 votes came away as the winner. Also Justin Jordan and Kyle Strahm's Spread #1 had a strong debut. At my LCS I noticed both of these titles were sold out rather quickly. In the case of Shutter my shop had to reorder more copies as they often do under order.

Just a reminder Alex + Ada and Deadly Class are both releasing their first volume this week. Both titles are much loved in this forum and here's a good chance to jump on board. Last month's comic of the week winner The Wicked + the Divine is back with issue 2. Can they keep the momentum after last issue's smashing success? Hopefully sales don't fall off a cliff after the first issue like so many Marvel and Dc titles. Image needs more titles like Walking Dead and Saga that are consistently atop the sales charts. Kirkman's Outcast and The Wicked + the Divine has a chance.

New title this week is Dark Engine #1 by Ryan Burton and John Bivens.

Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Yeah I'm snagging that Alex + Ada trade too. Read so much good stuff about it on here, it better not dissapoint!
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Rat Queens coming back after being away for so long just reminds me of how much I love this comic. Gorgeous artwork, great writing and lovable characters, just a perfect comic in my eyes. Great issue, story is moving along with some great new characters.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

Stray Bullets: Killers, again
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

Has anyone read Dark Engine #1? I'd like to hear thoughts on it.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

hard choice between Bullets and Queens, but I voted for the Queens--it just makes me happier.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    hard choice between Bullets and Queens, but I voted for the Queens--it just makes me happier.
    I had a hard time too but in picked Stray Bullets. So glad that it's coming out again.