Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    This is even funnier lol. I mean, I get sometimes thinking of cool eye-catching codenames must be hard, but c'mon now...
    You do realise these aren't new names, right?
    They're from another time when things that would be considered cheezy by today's standards, weren't back then.
    It's like how there aren't a lot of people called Ebenezer nowadays.
    Even so, the name isn't that bad. Your reaction is a bit over the top.
    #EmmaWasRight

I can't say I'm excited about his return because I never read him in anything and don't know much about him, but I'm definitely interested. It's just that we're only 2 issues into No Surrender which is his only current appearance, and it's chock full of characters, so I don't know how involved or not he'll be. But yeah I'm quite interested in his potential.

Niffleheim

Lightning: Life in the D list.

Incredible Member

I'm not excited because I never found anything exciting about the character.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Why? Unless you really trust the creator to do something interesting with them, which I think is more to the credit of the writer.
    Costume, powerset, good display of who they are before anything is written and several other things. Not sure why it's so surprising, people judge who they will and who they wont like everyday before the person can even utter a syllable. Why should characters be any different.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Invincible Member

Well, he's not that popular...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Waitaminute holdup... Living Lightning??? Y'all telling me there's a character out there who was actually calling himself Living Lightning... and this character was an Avenger too?

LMAO
    It was a weird time in the Avengers books.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Costume, powerset, good display of who they are before anything is written and several other things. Not sure why it's so surprising, people judge who they will and who they wont like everyday before the person can even utter a syllable. Why should characters be any different.
    I guess that depends on if you think of yourself as a really good judge of character at first glance. I've met people who've surprised me in good and bad ways, I don't think forming impressions fast is reliable, you usually need some time.

Presentation is important, for sure but I won't get excited for a character unless I see them written well and explored in stories. Something can look great on paper, but read horribly in practice.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 01-23-2018 at 12:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'm glad to see him again, liked him first time around

But it's hardly a big return of a big name character I feel

But I did like his scenes and hope he sticks around

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Good question. I'm not that familiar with the character. Does he have a large following?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Like others have pointed out, he's a pretty minor character in a story flooded with other more important and more relevant characters. His inclusion is nice, but I wasn't really expecting him to make any waves in comic book fandom or anything. Hopefully he'll stick around and they'll do more stuff with him, though.

Because he is a D-List character, very minor and obscure but it was good for the character to appear in Avengers: No Surrender.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I and quiet a few others have gotten excited about characters who haven't done anything yet all the time.

Moon Girl and Kamala Khan are both examples.
    I'm with you on that. I can just look at a visual and be excited for a character without them doing anything. It happened with the Avengers Academy kids promotional art, Apex and Deathlocket over at AA and various new X-characters that come out. I welcome this guy because he looks pretty cool and I like his abilities. I wanted more from him when he made his appearance in AA as Striker's bodyguard. Reading his background from that one appearance made me like him a bit more learning about his GLA infamous scene. You don't get many confident gay characters so hes a gem (I know of northstar, but hes a prick).

Ultimate Member

Ever since I was a kid, watching 'Black Vulcan' on the Superfriends, I've loved the idea of characters who can turn into energy, so Living Lightning (and Monica Rambeau) are total favorites for that alone.

Hopefully Miguel gets a decent push out of this, and isn't just being shoe-horned in to be an obligatory minority death of the event (like Black Goliath or War Machine).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ever since I was a kid, watching 'Black Vulcan' on the Superfriends, I've loved the idea of characters who can turn into energy, so Living Lightning (and Monica Rambeau) are total favorites for that alone.

Hopefully Miguel gets a decent push out of this, and isn't just being shoe-horned in to be an obligatory minority death of the event (like Black Goliath or War Machine).
    Yeah, that would completely suck. And lightning/electricity-based powers are pretty awesome. I'm a big fan of New X-Men's Surge, mostly because she can channel her electric powers into another favorite power of mine, super-speed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.