Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    ....Eh, this wasn't much different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Also, his coming out was literally a punchline about a decade back, and, as far as I'm aware, hasn't been addressed since.
    If those panels you posted were about the only time Iceman's homosexuality had been brought up, then the situations might be equivalent. But it goes on to be discussed for several pages in that same issue. And in UXM #600. And in Hopeless' All-New X-Men. And in X-Men: Blue. And in Iceman's solo book.

Seriously, if you're going to be this disingenuous, there's no reason to assume that you've got any interest in actual discussion.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 01-24-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    I feel like you're ignoring a lot of the answers people have already given here. He literally JUST showed up again 2 weeks ago, in a story that's packed with characters. Give it time, if he's even moderately involved in the story I'm sure he'll get some traction. And you can't compare the support Ms. Marvel, Miles or Moon Girl got/get because each of those characters have their own books where they're the sole focus, and which directly supports them if you buy them. Had Marvel announced a Living Lightning solo title, I'm quite positive there would be more vocal support and enthusiasm, especially since we just lost two LGBT solo books.

Also, and I don't mean this to be personal and apologize if I'm wrong in my assumption, but the timing of this thread being made soon after the other one about a new gay character is a little too coincidental. It feels to me like you made it in reaction to that, as some sort of counterpoint. But again, I'm sorry if that isn't true, it just looks that way to me.
    What other new gay character? I haven't been scrolling as much in the past couple of days.

I typed in Living Lightning & Lightning in the search and nothing of importance came up and there after created this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    If those panels you posted were about the only time Iceman's homosexuality had been brought up, then the situations might be equivalent. But it goes on to be discussed for several pages in that same issue. And in UXM #600. And in Hopeless' All-New X-Men. And in X-Men: Blue. And in Iceman's solo book.

Seriously, if you're going to be this disingenuous, there's no reason to assume that you've got any interest in actual discussion.
    The idea is that his coming out could be con-screwed as a punch line in similar manor you compared LL's coming out. That is all really.

I also don't see anything disingenuous about it. This thread has nothing to do with me. It's about the lack of support a character with a history of being in the Avengers coming back and not getting support. More so on a forum that has a large concern for diversity in the like. It is strange.

I was really hoping the response would cause others to start spitballing on what they would like to see done with Lightning but instead there are a lot comments concluding to him not being good enough.....which is also strange considering how cool his powerset and overall look is.

Edit: NVM just found it: http://community.comicbookresources....-gay-character(if this isn't what you are talking about let me know max)
    Which is kinda hilarious given that it was not my intent to counterpoint another thread. If I saw this I would have just mentioned it in there. I will have to read through it but that thread may help my case more so then hurt it. We have a character literally in our face right now and the fan base is essentially snubbing our noses at them while at the same time boking at the fact of not having new diverse characters. Which in of itself is ironic.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-24-2018 at 08:45 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Anyway, I think Lightning would be a pretty good candidate for a solo down the road if he has a decent role in Avengers Surrender. The first scene of his coming where he is undercover made me think he would be a perfect counter terrorist combatant. Since he can be just about anywhere in a blink of an eye. He could have WCA characters show up to help solve crimes and stuff. Clint, Spider-Woman 2, and even Tigra could all have reoccurring roles.....
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    What other new gay character? I haven't been scrolling as much in the past couple of days.

I typed in Living Lightning & Lightning in the search and nothing of importance came up and there after created this thread.

I was really hoping the response would cause others to start spitballing on what they would like to see done with Lightning but instead there are a lot comments concluding to him not being good enough.....which is also strange considering how cool his powerset and overall look is.

Edit: NVM just found it: http://community.comicbookresources....-gay-character(if this isn't what you are talking about let me know max)
    Which is kinda hilarious given that it was not my intent to counterpoint another thread. If I saw this I would have just mentioned it in there. I will have to read through it but that thread may help my case more so then hurt it. We have a character literally in our face right now and the fan base is essentially snubbing our noses at them while at the same time boking at the fact of not having new diverse characters. Which in of itself is ironic.
    Yeah that's the thread I was talking about. Anyway, I apologize for my false assumption, the timing was just kinda suspicious is all.

I don't think most people here are snubbing their noses at him, unless you mean the comments about him being a D-list character? He himself says something to that effect in No Surrender, about not being as well known as the other Avengers present. The fact is that his stint in West Coast Avengers seemed to be at the tail end of that series and was short lived relatively speaking, in addition to it being a while ago. So it's hard for people to get excited about him when it's been that long of a gap. But speaking only for myself, I'm definitely quite interested in the character. I've been doing some research on him here and there, and I told a friend of mine about him too to get him to read No Surrender. As I said, give it time. The other characters you mentioned were actively being pushed by Marvel in advertising, and all had solo books. If he has a decent character arc in this event I'm sure he'll make some new fans. There are many others like myself who welcome any LGBT character or content they can find in popular media, so I'm sure he'll get traction too.

It's good to see that no one mistook him for the other gay guy with electricity powers. No, not Electro. He just likes to dabble. I'm referring to Striker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    This is even funnier lol. I mean, I get sometimes thinking of cool eye-catching codenames must be hard, but c'mon now...
    Please, you don`t need to fly back to the Golden Age to read codenames that are more awkward. Living Lightning is up to standard in superhero comics.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I haven't seen Living Lightning since WCA and I'm guessing The Rangers were his Initiative team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    It's good to see that no one mistook him for the other gay guy with electricity powers. No, not Electro. He just likes to dabble. I'm referring to Striker.
    Heh, I was pondering the relationship between electrical powers and sexuality, with those three.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Heh, I was pondering the relationship between electrical powers and sexuality, with those three.
    There's also Iceman and Blizzard.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I miss Striker and Finesse. I kinda wished Living Lightning had a brother brother relationship with striker.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    I miss Striker and Finesse. I kinda wished Living Lightning had a brother brother relationship with striker.
    Didnt he hire him as a bodyguard at one point?

Somewhere between, or even during, Avengers Academy and the Rangers guesting in Scarlet Spider
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Incredible Member

Yea he was. I think he saved Striker from being molested by that businessman or he was a bodyguard because of that potential molestation. I forgot which.

I loved West Coast Avengers back in the day and while Living Lightning was a good character I never found him that interesting so it's nice he's back all characters should get some time to shine but I'm not particularly excited for him though.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I haven't seen Living Lightning since WCA and I'm guessing The Rangers were his Initiative team.
    Yep, they were, and they even made an appearance in Chris Yost's Scarlet Spider #7-9. Firebird was there, too, for those of you who were bringing her up earlier.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The solicits with the "new Avengers team" makes me think that Lightning isn't long for this world. At first I thought it was him on the cover, but it turns out it is Sunspot. If Lightning isn't on the team then I wonder where he'll go after this crossover? I can only think he's gonna be killed off for "stakes".
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!