Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Gold's lineup looks promising but Blue's is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Marvel is really are digging in on this "no male leader"-thing huh? If you haven't noticed that, you're not paying attention.
    Of course we’ve noticed. Every other superhero team should start taking notes.

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    I think Magik being front and centre in that picture is just an aesthetic choice. As much as i love her, she should not be leading when Rogue and Ice-Man are around. It gets uncomfortably nepotistic if Illyana takes charge when her BFF and future sister-in-law Kitty is absent, like some kind of Pryde-Rasputin dynasty. This is the X-Men after all, not the caste-ridden Inhumans.

The only reason Magik would be leading them that would make sense is if she somehow coerced them, like teleporting them against their will to the battlefield from which they could not return on their own, like when she brought her New Mutants team to Limbo as part of her revenge plan on the Elder Gods, or when she brought Kitty to Monster Island just because she felt like it. She would be punished later when they get back, but Magik would not care.
    This is being written by the same man that has Kitty leading with Storm and Nightcrawler around

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    To be fair, with Cyclops dead, Xavier not really being trustworthy at the moment, Magneto not being trusted, Havok being inverted still and Logan wandering the Earth, are there even any men left on the team competent enough to actually take charge?
    TBH, I don't even care or think about the reasons for it, I'm just glad it's happenin'. And ya know...

... emphasis on the word Gift(ed)!

Ultimate Member

The reasons do matter because later on once Scott and the like are leading teams again it'll be harder for Lorna and others to lead, not ideal or correct but...and oddly with both Lorna and Jean they seem to be isolating themselves as much as they can from the X-Men, leading mostly sidekicks and the like outside of a few characters like Kurt and Gambit of the X-world...

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    You could have a legit great lineup if you mixed and matched a little more.

Polaris
    Magik
    Rogue
    Iceman
    Daken
    Xorn
    I'll buy this book, yes, yes to this. Why is Jimmy still a thing? Seeing Daken as an X-Man is most defintely interesting. Must be Laura's influence. Picking up Blue Again, I don't trust the Gold Writer; he writes for Arrow, can't be trusted.

I dunno. I'd say the reasons are pretty important especially when we have Kitty come back from space, away from mutrantkind's suffering with her first actions being 'screw that noise, I'm going to do for me' only for Storm to come get her of all people and essentially give her the reigns to all of the X-Men because...reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    Don't understand why no Dani/Magma in X-Men Gold since they've been making appearances. If Anole and Rockslide have been in the series more, and Rogue has her place in Avengers at this point.
    Does she? This must be post-No Surrender, as Prestige had her old costume in her cameo in Avengers #675.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    None of these are perment line ups solits themselves say Gold Team is out and magiks team sets in to help. Noy replace them. Same with blue. The team was lost in space Lornas team is dealing with threats like Emma and Miss Sinister.

Suprised to see daken
    Yeah, Gold's is definitely temporary. Can see those five becoming a new team in a fourth X-men colour book though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    What?! Did Mach died as well?
    Not known. Hopefully not - she doesn't have a 616 counterpart, so that's one character who could stay without any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would probably be much more interested in that new Gold roster if Guggenheim wasn't writing it. I mean, we already know he can't write Magik, and I'd hate to see him turn Bobby into Curtis from Arrow.

Surprised Magik isn't on it though, but I guess she might be running the school again with Kitty behind bars with the rest of the original team.
    You mean Magma there I assume.

Cable is not a team book. It's a solo with a temporary (until stated otherwise) cast, whether its made up of "mostly males" is kind of beside the point? Perhaps they'll rename the book to X-Force?
    His New Mutants are disbanding. Cable changes creative team again with #155.

Isnt US Avengers getting canceled? Falcon JUST became leader again during this weekly event. Hawkeye isn't leading a team, that was part of a story that ended. Kitty... is ... the leader. Stop.
    Falcon has been leader since at least the Kang War arc (Avengers #1), which is 16 issues ago. The leader before then was Iron Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm guessing that's Blindfold.
    Nah, probably the blindfolded girl from earlier if the series.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    You could have a legit great lineup if you mixed and matched a little more.

Polaris
    Magik
    Rogue
    Iceman
    Daken
    Xorn
    That's perfect! BTW I *HATE* uniforms but those X-Men Blue outfits are not half bad. Orrrrr Jorge Molina makes everything look lovely.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 01-23-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

X-MEN GOLD #25
    MARC GUGGENHEIM (W) • PAULO SIQUEIRA (A)
    Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
    VENOM 30TH VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CRUEL AND UNUSUAL Part 3
    • SCYTHIAN has come to Earth to take vengeance on the X-Men!
    • But how can the X-Men save the Earth from a vengeful god while they’re stuck in prison?
    • Guest-starring a whole lot of other super heroes!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Im guessing this is just temporary considering Kitty isnt on there

ETA

X-MEN BLUE #25
    CULLEN BUNN (W) • JORGE MOLINA (A/C)
    VENOM 30TH VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Cry Havok Part 3
    • MAGNETO comes face-to-face with HAVOK, with the fate of mutantkind hanging in the balance.
    • EMMA FROST, MISS SINISTER and BASTION have formed an unholy alliance, and now is the time for them to unleash Project: Mothervine!
    • With the Original Five lost in space, a NEW TEAM of X-Men must rise to take their place!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
    WOW! I am extremely excited. Probably more than anyone else. I am not excited about the writer. But Rogue in a X-Book. This is a odd cast. I feel like Bobby is the only one she has really been on a team with. But Rogue and Iceman are in my top 4. Ink is one my favorite youngsters, and from the last arc, G actually writes him well. . And who doesn't love Magik. I even like Armor.

I am excited about Polaris and Daken, I and do like Jimmy Hudson, I liked me him back in the day. Plus the uniforms are great.

Quote Originally Posted by jddoyle View Post
    WOW! I am extremely excited. Probably more than anyone else. I am not excited about the writer. But Rogue in a X-Book. This is a odd cast. I feel like Bobby is the only one she has really been on a team with. But Rogue and Iceman are in my top 4. Ink is one my favorite youngsters, and from the last arc, G actually writes him well. . And who doesn't love Magik. I even like Armor.
    FUNNY you mention those three

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя₯ Tycon View Post
    STOP TRYING TO MAKE INK HAPPEN.

also I'm looking forward to the Daken/Jimmy brother dynamic.
    WHOOOAAAAHHHH i need to you hold it down! Make Ink happen!!! Dont be a hater! haha

I am loving it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I dunno. I'd say the reasons are pretty important especially when we have Kitty come back from space, away from mutrantkind's suffering with her first actions being 'screw that noise, I'm going to do for me' only for Storm to come get her of all people and essentially give her the reigns to all of the X-Men because...reasons.
    I was referring to the question of why it's women, and where you inferred it's because there's no capable men left available. That in & of itself, makes it sound like they're only leading due to circumstance, and are somehow inferior as a result. Also, my point was, I don't question it. Why would, or should I... just because they're female? I assume in story there will be (hopefully) legit reasons given, just as there would be for any... individual, taking the position. I also assume that outside of story TPTB, have their perfectly sound reasons as well, for going this route.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-23-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I am unique, because I do like Ink at the moment.
    Pro INK! I dont understand the hate.