Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jddoyle View Post
    Pro INK! I dont understand the hate.
    He's not even a mutant!

BANNED

Most of the time, the men were the leaders. And seeing three women leading three different books is actually good for a change. Besides, we're not even sure if it's a permanent team to take those books.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Most of the time, the men were the leaders. And seeing three women leading three different books is actually good for a change. Besides, we're not even sure if it's a permanent team to take those books.
    If Storm isn’t one of those leaders then they chose the wrong female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    If Storm isn’t one of those leaders then they chose the wrong female characters.
    but she's asleep

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    He's not even a mutant!
    and your point? is this reverse-discrimination???

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but she's asleep
    Then wake her up. Her not being the leader is one of the few problems I have with Gold. As much as I like Kitty there are three characters that are more qualified to lead on the team. Storm, Nightcrawler and OML.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Then wake her up. Her not being the leader is one of the few problems I have with Gold. As much as I like Kitty there are three characters that are more qualified to lead on the team. Storm, Nightcrawler and OML.
    Storm is obviously the most qualified and makes no sense why she isnt. OML isnt qualfied to lead, not with his attitude and stance as being the anti-X-man. The leader here also serves as headmaster a role that OG Wolverine was fit for, but definitely not OML. I really dont think Nightcrawler is really that much more qualified than Kitty. She being a leader isnt a problem but rather that MG goes so overboard with it to prop her up instead of writing her flawed and coming to terms with this new role. Her leadership also was not earned given she fled to space with her bf when the X-men and mutantkind were suffering. No one challenges Kitty and it would have worked better if we sawher mess up and Storm for example step in to help her, thus giving her a lesson which she learns from and grows as a leader. This could have been an interesting development but has been handled all wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    If Marc G. is still writing, Rogue may be in trouble. She's been doing very well these last few years. But apparently Guggenheim doesn't do well with characters not named "Kitty."

Hopefully for Rogue fans, this will be very temporary.
    That does not matter, the good things that have happened to Rogue the last few years have passed in avengers books, not in xbooks, for example except issue 1 AXM is nothing but crap, AXM is horrible, RogueansGambit is wonderful, but unfortunately it is a limited series.

The truth Gold is one of the worst xbooks, and not by the original cast that was incredible, was for the writer, more than the new line-up, a new writer was also needed.

Now if the alignment is like this, I'm more than happy that Rogue is fixed on an Xbook, even if it's Gold, I say worse than AXM can not be for Rogue, AXM is the worst xbook currently, yes, even worse than Gold. It was not what I expected but I finally settled for Rogue in one of the main xbooks after XML. And who knows best the writer without having Kitty in the cast improves, and perhaps treat Rogue well.

I can tolerate Rogue in Gold and with that writer, as long as Rogue stays with the avengers too, in the abooks

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    That does not matter, the good things that have happened to Rogue the last few years have passed in avengers books, not in xbooks, for example except issue 1 AXM is nothing but crap, AXM is horrible, RogueansGambit is wonderful, but unfortunately it is a limited series.

The truth Gold is one of the worst xbooks, and not by the original cast that was incredible, was for the writer, more than the new line-up, a new writer was also needed.

Now if the alignment is like this, I'm more than happy that Rogue is fixed on an Xbook, even if it's Gold, I say worse than AXM can not be for Rogue, AXM is the worst xbook currently, yes, even worse than Gold. It was not what I expected but I finally settled for Rogue in one of the main xbooks after XML. And who knows best the writer without having Kitty in the cast improves, and perhaps treat Rogue well.

I can tolerate Rogue in Gold and with that writer, as long as Rogue stays with the avengers too, in the abooks
    Your opinion, which you're welcome to. I don't agree.

Long as a character is written well, I don't care where they are. I'd rather her be written good in Avengers than bad in X-Men.

If these alignments are left, in Blue, I like BStorm, but ... why is not Storm 616 ?, and she should be the leader, not Lorna, I like the character, but I think it's a very bad leader, and very random, I think it's only there for the FOX series, as an experiment.

In Gold if the alignment stays like this, which seems interesting to me, I would only take Armor out of there, for God's sake that Z List character, and uninteresting, and should the editors understand that it will not work as a great character, even INK is more interesting than Armor, but well the rest of the team well, I only hope that if this team continues the leader is Rogue, and not Magik, Ilyana leading when you have Rogue in the same team is just stupid.

But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Your opinion, which you're welcome to. I don't agree.

Long as a character is written well, I don't care where they are. I'd rather her be written good in Avengers than bad in X-Men.
    Sure and I agree with that.

But what I say, the good things that have happened to Rogue in recent years come from the abooks, because AXM is simply trash.

I'll wait to see the result, I can tolerate it, as long as Anna continues in the abooks too.

Storm is obviously the most qualified and makes no sense why she isnt. OML isnt qualfied to lead, not with his attitude and stance as being the anti-X-man. The leader here also serves as headmaster a role that OG Wolverine was fit for, but definitely not OML. I really dont think Nightcrawler is really that much more qualified than Kitty. She being a leader isnt a problem but rather that MG goes so overboard with it to prop her up instead of writing her flawed and coming to terms with this new role. Her leadership also was not earned given she fled to space with her bf when the X-men and mutantkind were suffering. No one challenges Kitty and it would have worked better if we sawher mess up and Storm for example step in to help her, thus giving her a lesson which she learns from and grows as a leader. This could have been an interesting development but has been handled all wrong
    The heaedmaster shouldn’t be the field leader. That should be Professor Charles Xavier and the school should be in Westchester. The general public should not have ever found out that the mutant haven was there. As far as Storm we are in agreement.

We disagree on the other two. OML has spent upwards of two hundred years in his shitty reality. All of the battles and wars he was in gives him experience that the rest of the X-men don’t have. All of the battles he was in with the X-men also add to his experience as well. It isn’t like he just forgot all of the strategies used in the conflicts he was in. This applies to the real Wolverine as well.

Nightcrawler is more qualified. He had experience leading a team before this. Excalibur. Havok is more qualified as well. It sucks that they want heroes to be villains and villains to be heroes. Rogue is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    This team also reminds me Uncanny X-mens of Bunn there are some similarities .

Bloodstorm- Monet
    Polaris- Magneto
    Creed- Two Wolverines
    Xorn- Xorn
    Pyslocke- New mutant created by Bunn
    Whoa, didn't notice it at first.

Quote Originally Posted by jddoyle View Post
    WHOOOAAAAHHHH i need to you hold it down! Make Ink happen!!! Dont be a hater! haha

I am loving it.
    People don't like Ink because he isn't a good character. He isn't well-written, his powers are plot devices, and there isn't any incentive to like his character. I'd actually like to know why you like him?

Why should Ink get a spot next to Armor when there are so many other students who deserve it? Why should Loa, Trance, Match, and Indra suffer in Limbo while Guggy's lazily-designed pet gets to run around with senior X-Men after being in a coma for like five years?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not known. Hopefully not - she doesn't have a 616 counterpart, so that's one character who could stay without any issues.
    Wouldn't it be Surge? Kind of, sort of? I mean, the comparisons are uncanny:

-Nori Ashida/Nomi Blume
    -Surge/Purge
    -Blue-haired Asian (probably moot)

Well,,,,that's all I've got.

Storm(X-Men) and Nightcrawler(Excalibur) have both been successful leaders in the past for their respective teams, and Kitty has been on their teams. OML is a loner type, not a leader.

I agree completely that her leadership has been shored up by dumbing everyone else down, rather than a story being told about her growing into and earning the role. I mean, it could be pretty easily fixed. Have someone finally come up to her and call her on the attitude within the book. "Hey, can we stop pretending like we're idiots now, and constantly patting you on the back? Are you good?"

Job done.

Mimic would be better than ink. Hell any real X-man would be better than Ink.