View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Cloud #7

0 0%
  • Black Magick #10

1 7.69%
  • Black Science #34

3 23.08%
  • Dissonance #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Gasolina #5

0 0%
  • Maestros #4

1 7.69%
  • Manifest Destiny #33

1 7.69%
  • Monstress #13

3 23.08%
  • Postal #25

0 0%
  • Redneck #9

1 7.69%
  • Ringside #14

0 0%
  • Sex Criminals #21

1 7.69%
  • Southern Bastards #19

2 15.38%
  • Warframe #3

0 0%
  • Other - Moonstruck #5, Regression #6

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #4 - a Dissonant chord hangs in the air

Welp sorry for the melodramatic title, but it's sort of inherent when trying to squeeze stupid puns out of one-word titles like Dissonance. ANYWAY welcome back to the weekly Image poll, the year's starting to ramp up again now in terms of releases it seems. Vote for your favourites & let's chat below!

Last time around we saw a predictable winner: Kill or be Killed seems unstoppable on this forum!

This week: no less than 3 titles with the word 'black' in it release, Maestros is still reprinting previous issues to keep up with demand (good sign!), Moonstruck wraps up its storyline, as does Postal. Gasolina sets up for a major conclusion next month from the sounds of it. Southern Bastards is back from a long delay/hiatus and returns accompanied by two other series which have been dormant for a lil' while: Monstress and Sex Criminals. A bunch of big hitters this week!

Also a new series altogether: Dissonance launches this week.
    This looks to be a sci-fi story starring 2 siblings with vastly different worldviews who rival over who gets to tread in their parents' footsteps (oh because their parents run a secret organisation which in term secretly rules the world, waddup). Oh and there's a cataclysmic event about to occur in which the world will be destroyed altogether (good luck secretly running a bunch of rubble!). High stakes action from artist Sami Basri (Witchblade, and Power Girl at DC)!

299283.jpg

Amazing Member

Seems like more and more each week there are a lot of books on my list, but all of those books have less and less excitement for me. Even with that said, I still have a few books from this weeks list on my preorder pull list. Coming in for me will be Black Science, Dissonance, Manifest Destiny, Postal, and Redneck. Waiting on the trade instead of monthlies for Southern Bastards.

Old favorites that I would tear through as soon as they were out seem to have lost their luster as they are getting to 30+ issues...it used to be that when Black Science, Manifest Destiny and even East of West dropped I couldn't get through them fast enough, but now they seem to hang out on my unread pile until I have 2-4 issues and can read almost the entire arc in one sitting. Even then I am not blown away like I used to be with them. I am almost an exclusive Image comic reader with only 2 or 3 other non image titles, so I usually get a ton of their books, but something is not as shiny as it used to be a year or 18 months ago with their titles.

Hard to even vote on the week this time as nothing jumps at me this time.

Only Southern Bastards, which at this point I should just trade wait, since its infrequent release schedule leaves reading the single issues almost pointless for me.

Should i vote for the only book I bought even if I don't read it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Only Southern Bastards, which at this point I should just trade wait, since its infrequent release schedule leaves reading the single issues almost pointless for me.

Should i vote for the only book I bought even if I don't read it?
    I mean, you'll presumably read it at some point right? I'd say it merits a vote. It's kind of unrealistic for threads like this to truly demand that people keep up with their comics every week. Particularly people who read indie titles and tend to read in collected formats or binge their piles every few months.

What do you think Southern Bastards should do at this point, have a real lengthy break after this arc to get a bunch of issues in the can? Move to bi-monthly or even a quarterly schedule? I'm afraid they'll slowly lose the spotlight as one of the premiere Image series with the current infrequency, would be a shame.

I don't know what they should do, honestly. Whatever they're doing now isn't working. I'm also not sure who's to blame, so I can't comment on how to resolve the issue(s).

I'm also not the guy who gets too mad about delays. I get it. Don't rush out a shitty or sub par book. It's gonna be on bookshelves forever, so make it worthwhile work. But, also, it is a comic book, and if you can't do monthly, which some people can't, adjust to a schedule that you can maintain.

Look at Saga. They built a schedule they can maintain. Sex Criminals. They're like, it takes Chip two months to draw an issue, so that's when they'll come out. (Roughly?)

It gets to a point where trade waiting makes more sense for the reader, and story, but then if there's no single issue sales, there won't be a trade. So you shoot yourself in the foot. I think it's an amazing book, and I hope they can figure it out, because I'd hate to see it die.

This is shit, much as I love him, Hickman needs to deal with, too. I'm not mad, but publicly address it a little better so we know what's going on, I guess.

Well, that went a little longer than planned.