Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default X-Men Blue Annual #1

- Cyclops' Dad and his team gets attacked by Symbiotes.
    - The O5 asks for Venom for help but he refuse to help them but the Symbiote want to help.
    - The O5 attacks him and in the end the Symbiote puts Eddie to sleep.
    - Back to the StarJammers Cosair bites his lip and all of sudden a microbot appears but no avail the Symbiotes knew they were escaping.
    - O5 and Venom are in space now, the spaceship they are using is Danger.
    - Eddie is not too pleased being kidnapped but the Symbiote tell him that it was I that did it they need our help.
    - They arrived the planet Cosair was attacked, and they find the spaceship all destroyed.
    - They go to a bar to find some clues, and they find out that the evil Symbiotes are there.

To be Continued!

Bloodstorm and Jimmy were absent because Magneto sent them to do a recon mission. *I bet its for the Cry Havok story arc*

It's been a while since I bought this series. The only reason I bought it was because of Venom. I'm glad that I did because it was awesome! To me, the highlight was Venom.

EDIT: Can a mod put Spoilers on the title of the thread. I forgot to put it. Sorry!
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 01-24-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I thought this was a lot of fun. Wasn't really looking forward to it, seeing as how I'm not a big Venom fan, but found this surprisingly enjoyable. Really enjoy a good space adventure, and it was nice to see the StarJammer's again. This also has some references to things that we'll see eventually in Blue, such as Jimmy and Bloodstorm being on a mission for Magneto, and Danger being off the grid and not on Lorna's team.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So this Venom is the same Venom that was part of the Guardians of the Galaxy, right?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So this Venom is the same Venom that was part of the Guardians of the Galaxy, right?
    Yes and no. The symbiote was on the Guardians. The host here is Eddie Brock the orginal Venom. The Host in Guardians was Flash Thompson
    X-Men Forever

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Nope, that was Flash Thompson, not Eddie. The symbiote is the same one if that's what you mean though

Cheers.

James.

I didnt get why they thought they could just roll up on Venom and ask for his help.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I thought this was a lot of fun. Wasn't really looking forward to it, seeing as how I'm not a big Venom fan, but found this surprisingly enjoyable. Really enjoy a good space adventure, and it was nice to see the StarJammer's again. This also has some references to things that we'll see eventually in Blue, such as Jimmy and Bloodstorm being on a mission for Magneto, and Danger being off the grid and not on Lorna's team.
    Agreed. I didn't have high expectations but am pleasantly surprised that I'm hooked.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I haven't been interested by Venom since 1992. That said, I am glad Brock is trying to basically "Go Punisher" now instead of be a damn villain anymore. It was an intersting twist that the symbiote can telepathically communicate with him now too.

I liked the Starjammer appearances, with Corsair and everything. Makes me wistful about how it should have been them to get all the casual mainstream attention/spotlight and not this newly created bastardized GotG fluff. I digresss

Also thought it was freaking hilarious how Warren flirts on a random feminine alien out of absolutely nowhere. Like that's basically Bunn's characterization of the guy it seems
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I haven't been interested by Venom since 1992. That said, I am glad Brock is trying to basically "Go Punisher" now instead of be a damn villain anymore. It was an intersting twist that the symbiote can telepathically communicate with him now too.

I liked the Starjammer appearances, with Corsair and everything. Makes me wistful about how it should have been them to get all the casual mainstream attention/spotlight and not this newly created bastardized GotG fluff. I digresss

Also thought it was freaking hilarious how Warren flirts on a random feminine alien out of absolutely nowhere. Like that's basically Bunn's characterization of the guy it seems
    I didnt find it hilarious and was disgusted. I hate how Bunn writes him and has ruined the character. He's literally nothing but a walking joke

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I didnt find it hilarious and was disgusted. I hate how Bunn writes him and has ruined the character. He's literally nothing but a walking joke
    You are not wrong but the older Warren is also in pretty bad shape at this time despite Bunn trying so hard to fix him. So maybe Bunn is just tired of trying with Warrens overall idk.

It is a bit redundant since usually the Bobby is supposed to be the comic relief, but now Warren is also, although more awkwardly.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Fun annual. I'd prefer this story to be a 2 parter ending in a Venom annual but I'll still read the crossover.
    >The next part needs to give me much more info on the villains.
    >The Venom symbiote is comedy gold. I'm also very happy there's no long tongue and green spit anywhere anymore. That really disgusted me.
    >Corsair and Hep are the cutest.
    >Work those wings, Warren!
    >I'm a little confused as to how Danger can travel faster than light.

Favourite panels...
    xv1.jpg
    xv2.jpg
    xv3.jpg
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-24-2018 at 02:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Finally got to this one and was pleasantly surprised. I'm actually looking forward to the next part.

But I've definitely missed a few chapters. When did the symbiote become Eddie Brock's personal Jiminy Cricket?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Danger is shi'ar tech. Though, she clearly wasn't built for space travel
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    >I'm a little confused as to how Danger can travel faster than light.
    I thought that was a bit of a stretch too, but I suppose she is Shi'Ar technology, after all. Perhaps she has the schematics for the stargate tech or whatever in her hard drive somewhere?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Great issue, wonderful set up for a crossover