Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Even worse, why are they reminding us of this awfulness?
    I thought they were trying to forget all that with his stint in Astonishing X-Men.

What an awful mess. We don't need to see or speak of it, ever again.
    I'm hoping this retelling perhaps can give us more insight into the mindstate of Bishop at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I love Bunn but I don't care about the O5 so I have been out of touch with Blue.
    How can Emma Frost work with Bastion of all people ?
    People overreact and seem committed to pretending there's no justification behind this. The current iteration of Bastion wants to restore mutants, as they are no longer facing extinction but are still an endangered species or something along those lines (and his utility function is to save humans from mutants, which can't be done with no mutants). This would line up with Emma's goals, but obviously their ends would be different. I think it is exceedingly obvious that Bastion isn't going to merrily leave the mutants alone once they return and, likewise, Emma isn't going to turn around and start siding with sentinels against mutants.

They have a common interest, that makes sense for them both. It's not unreasonable to see them team up, in this unique case.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

there was no need to bring back bishop's character assasination. it was unnecessary and is better to keep it forgotten.

Wow. ZERO interest in anything there. Looks like I’ll be taking a break from the X-books for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

NEW MUTANTS: DEAD SOULS #2 (OF 6)
    X-MEN GOLD #25
    X-MEN GOLD #26
    X-MEN RED #3
    X-MEN BLUE #25
    X-MEN BLUE #26
    ROGUE & GAMBIT #4 (OF 5)
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #10

Covers of the month...

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I just realize that Andrea Sorrentino is back on the X-Books! Hurray!

But I just remember its in Weapon X... Dammit. I'm betting that he's there for a flashback for OML.
    yup

he is doing a book with Lemire at Image

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bishop is STILL after Hope? Talk about regression
    Maybe it's a Bishop from the past

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm intrigued that "Old Woman Laura" seems to be the flipside of "Old Man Logan." Whereas Old Man Logan was set in a dystopia where the villains had taken over after slaughtering all the heroes and the former Wolverine was a broken shell of himself, Old Woman Laura is in a more utopian future where the heroes have banded together to make the world a truly better place and Laura herself has long since passed on the Wolverine mantle while significantly cleaning up Madripoor. Of course, given that this is a Wolverine story, I'm waiting for the inevitable dark secrets and hidden horrors and tragedies behind such a seemingly idyllic future to come out.
    I want Old Lady Gabby!

Pre-ordered New Mutants, likely getting Exiles, and cautiously approaching X-Men Red. X-Men Blue intrigues me for Daken and Xorn, but not enough to definitively sell me.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Maybe it's a Bishop from the past
    Yep. It's the Bishop from between Messiah Complex and Second Coming. This issue is presumably a flashback to the time Cable raised Hope in the future as the writer stated in interviews that this arc is set mostly in Cable's past.

The Cable arc will supposedly be going back through Cable’s past ‘Memento’ style, in flashbacks, but will take place in the present day. Sounds interesting and will introduce a new threat who will be retconned into Nathan’s past and will shed some light on things, like why he’s distancing himself from everyone and playing mutant timecop all of the sudden.

Spectacular Member

i see we are getting back lots x-tltles. i am excited. Ill be getting all them, expect OML and Deadpools.

Excited for all the Rogue love.

I feel bad for Havok, he is not a villain, but I'm glad that Emma is returned to the villainy, where he should never have left, and I hope they keep her there forever and not be allowed to join the X again -Men, was a good substitute for Jean, worse with jean back, Emma returns for what was created, a villain.

And personally I never felt like a real hero, his acts were always gray and very murky, to the truth.

In another question Rogue will be in many books also in April, both abooks and xbooks, that makes me happy.

Rogue has had a great year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    I want Old Lady Gabby!
    Not with that outfit. WTF

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Character assassination? She's a villain
    Just Emma reverting to type.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!