Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    - Damn shame what they did to Bishop and now they wanna relive it? Trash.

- The idea of Daken as an X-Man is just as ridiculous as Sabretooth.

- So much for Laura forging her own path. First she took the name, then "Enemy of the State", now "Old Woman Laura". Literally living off Wolverine's legacy smh.

At least Storm is off Gold... for the time being anyway.
    The story line is the complete opposite.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 01-24-2018 at 08:45 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Is the fact the story line's the complete opposite lost on you?
    It's not. The fact they're going with the whole "Old Woman Laura" thing is enough.

BANNED

It's not. The fact they're going with the whole "Old Woman Laura" thing is enough.
    "It's a completely different plot, but I'm going to complain entirely because of what they're calling it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    "It's a completely different plot, but I'm going to complain entirely because of what they're calling it."
    Different like how Laura is a retired old woman now, but something happens that forces her to pop the claws again. Yeah... different...

BANNED

Different like how Laura is a retired old woman now, but something happens that forces her to pop the claws again. Yeah... different...
    Then why not bitch about OML being a ripoff of Unforgiven? Or the many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many OTHER stories centering around an aging hero being pulled out of retirement because there are a whole frelling TON of them to pick from.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wish Brisson's editor slapped him in the face when he recommended a story with Evil Bishop.

I'll be picking up X-Men Gold, Blue and Red along with the Wolvie books. Make sure and pick up Vemonized since that's where the O5 will be appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Then why not bitch about OML being a ripoff of Unforgiven? Or the many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many OTHER stories centering around an aging hero being pulled out of retirement because there are a whole frelling TON of them to pick from.
    LOL I never cared for the original OML story in the first place, I'm just pointing out how Laura is literally living in Logan's shadow. I remember back when she took up the "mantle" people joked about a Old Woman Laura and now here we are. Laura as X-23 was an interesting character, but her tenure as "Wolverine" has done her no favors.
    Last edited by Sin Nick; 01-24-2018 at 09:23 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Old Man Logan was never exactly a 'hero' again though, and never donned a new costume. So it's very clearly a different story.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    The story line is the complete opposite.
    Well everyone knows that but Marvel could've named the arc something else.

LOL I never cared for the original OML story in the first place, I'm just pointing out how Laura is literally living in Logan's shadow. I remember back when she took up the "mantle" people joked about a Old Woman Laura and now here we are. Laura as X-23 was an interesting character, but her tenure as "Wolverine" has done her no favors.
    The last decent Laura story was the Civil War II tie-in. Everything else has been progressively crappier in my opinion. Hopefully, Taylor gets kicked off the book and replace with somebody who gets Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well everyone knows that but Marvel could've named the arc something else.
    Because everyone going to call it that anyway, so why bother calling it anything else?

Old man Deadpool, Old woman Doreen; Old [Sex identifying noun] [Name] has become a thing.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Looks like I’m buying Cable and either OML or Hunt for Wolverine. Haven’t decided which version I’m throwing my money at in April, but it won’t be both.

Every Rogue Book and X-men Blue.

Fantastic Member

Red, blue, gold
    Astonishing
    New mutants
    Domino
    Exiles

...wow that’s a great month! Anyone know if Exiles will continue to ship twice monthly?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm intrigued that "Old Woman Laura" seems to be the flipside of "Old Man Logan." Whereas Old Man Logan was set in a dystopia where the villains had taken over after slaughtering all the heroes and the former Wolverine was a broken shell of himself, Old Woman Laura is in a more utopian future where the heroes have banded together to make the world a truly better place and Laura herself has long since passed on the Wolverine mantle while significantly cleaning up Madripoor. Of course, given that this is a Wolverine story, I'm waiting for the inevitable dark secrets and hidden horrors and tragedies behind such a seemingly idyllic future to come out.
    good lord there is old woman laura now? marvel pls stop it