Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Storm would rip her heart out with her bare hands if need be. That bitch can be ruthless. Also Jean probably deserves it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    Am I the only one tired of these evil Phoenix stories? Like there is no reason to think that if the Phoenix gets jean the world will end.

You're not the only one. This annoyed the hell out of me. I'm hoping it's just a misdirection, but if not, this series would have been a big waste of time.

And I can't say it enough, Rachel Phoenix was teamates with Kitty for a long time. No reason for Kitty to be spewing the garbage she is. And don't get me started on the Phoenix not powerful without a host crap.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Storm would rip her heart out with her bare hands if need be. That bitch can be ruthless. Also Jean probably deserves it.
    Storm, yes. But the Stormbot that's on the pages would probably take a nap before reaching Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    The Phoenix burns away what doesn't work. How is that a bad thing? It's correcting the wrongness in the universe.
    It's not a bad thing, but if Marvel says it's a BAD BIRD? Then it's a BAD BIRD. If Marvel says "Actually the Phoenix is a Duck and here's why" then the Phoenix is a Duck. Basically, I agree with you, who are we to argue with what Marvel says. lol Poor Marvel.

Am I the only one tired of these evil Phoenix stories? Like there is no reason to think that if the Phoenix gets jean the world will end.
    I agree. We ALL know the Phoenix is apart of the the Natural Order of things in the Universe, for Some Reason Marvel things the Phoenix is a Bad Bird VERY VERY BAD BIRD!!!.......when it never was.

Spectacular Member

I wish it was Storm who went in her best friend.

Fantastic Member

I think modern Marvel has way way WAY OVERDONE THIS STUPID THING, PHOENIX IS EVIL.

As for the issue.... HUGELY DISAPPOINTED . The most underwhelming issue. Felt like filler. It made regret both waiting so much and paying for it. The pacing up to 3rd I can accept somewhat. But here nothing happens. We even have theories... OML knows what to be done but this has gotten ridiculous. And the most ridiculous thing of all? If Phoenix bonds with Jean we are dead... REALLY? So many stories with Jean being Phoenix or Jean being one with it now.... Endosng etc...

All have to say next issue BETTER BE WORTH IT. Phoenix and Jean deserve more than this!

BANNED

I wonder how Logan is planning to snap her out of the pheonxs trance. Anyway regardless of pacing issue I liked the last image of the bird predatorily ready to swoop and Logan going in. However this series hasn't wholly able to convey the creepiness it was trying to portray. I think this series missed a cue to revise/revisit the pheonixs origins and a excellent opportunity for the Phoenix to interact in the form of dark pheonix with jean from last issue. the handwaving of the scene as a dream was dissapointing after the last issues set up and reduced jean once again to a passenger in the story. if it was going to provide a answer to the Phoenix conundrum of why such a powerful force needs a human host especially her in a more satisfying way it would have made the story more noteworthy. As it is it seems its just spinning wheels till it takes us to the end of journey which is the return of jean without making the journey more vivid.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw22 View Post
    I wish it was Storm who went in her best friend.

Only Claremont remembers such things.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

*sticks head inside thread*

Mmhmm, 'bout what I figured.

*stretches police crime scene tape over door as he leaves*

(weak issue)
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I must say I had no thoughts on the issue but the end gave me great hope that Jean and Logan will be together once again after they both return. With both of their returns this is the assurance I need that Logan will stay far away from O'roro as his mind will be where it needs to be: away from O'roro and solely on Jean. I couldn't be happier!!!
    yuck, eww, no

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    *sticks head inside thread*

Mmhmm, 'bout what I figured.

*stretches police crime scene tape over door as he leaves*

(weak issue)
    lmfa, youre killing me

lol, atleast we get the hilarious comic summaries from The comic section of gamefaqs.

Phoenix Resurrection #4: I See Dead Mutants *SPOILERS*

- Jean wakes up from another one of her faints (sigh) and starts walking around town, not realizing that the whole thing is going up in flames

- She also meets up with another series of dead cameos like Icarus (from the legendary She Lies With Angel story arc) and Feral and Tier and some New X-Men

- Back in the New Mexico desert where Jean and Cyclops first had sex, the X-Men are ready to go into the weird dome

- Hellion wants to kill the Phoenix straight-up, but Beast chastises him because you can't kill a cosmic entity

- Now you might think "Didn't this stupid-ass motherfuckeer try to kill the Phoenix repeatedly throughout AvX?" and you would think correctly.

- Shut the **** up, Beast

- Anyway, the X-Men go in and end up in a hellscape where they see the corpses of their dead friends

- Hellion thinks he's in hell because he sees Wolf Cub's rotten corpse, but Magik, expert on the subject, corrects him

- The X-Men fight a bunch of dead people, who they quickly realize are the same type of constructs they fought in the first issue

- Get here for cool fights like Thunderbird vs. Warpath! Cloneverine vs. Wither! Tier vs. Cloneverine! Vulcan vs. Everyone! Old Man Logan vs. Madrox!

- Logan says he always wanted to kill a Madrox, which I think is a reference to the Old Man Hawkeye series where Madrox is evil

- Kitty, Iceman, Logan, Magik and Polaris break away from the group to go have breakfast at Annie's Diner

- Jean, still thinking everything's fine and not seeing the X-Men, walks out of the diner to throw away the garbage

- The garbage is a metaphor for all the trash stories we've gotten since Jean died

- Jean tells Annie she didn't go on a date with Cyclops and Annie accuses her of having lusty feelings for Mr. Howlett

- Jean also says she keeps dreaming about being confronted by a confident goddess who is also her

- The rest of the X-Men arrive and Beast and OML make the same joke about the garbage being a metaphor

- You're the garbage, Beast

- Beast's (probably wrong) theory is that the dome is a Phoenix Egg and that the Phoenix is preparing Jean to become a host again, because the previous hosts rejected it or failed entirely, so now the Phoenix must do it right

- Beast also says that if the Phoenix merges with Jean, they'll all end up dead

- Y'know like all the previous times the Phoenix hosted someone..........

- Or maybe they'll just die because they're all in the Egg, that would make more sense

- The only mystery left is why the Phoenix allowed the X-Men inside the Egg

- They also realize that the things they fought and saw outside of the Egg might have been subconsciously sent by Jean rather than the Phoenix

- Then the firebird itself appears in all its majestic glory on top of Annie's Diner

- Oh, if only they had Tony Stark's dumb Phoenix gun now

- Do you think the Phoenix alarm has gone off yet at Avengers HQ?

- Kitty realizes the Phoenix wants them to fight it so Jean will freak and bond with the Phoenix, so instead she suggest someone to talk to it

- Cyclops suggests he'll go, but Logan's like "My dude, I'm the main character of this franchise, I will handle it like I did in X3" and goes instead

- Also, OML says this isn't Cyclops' Jean yet, but it is his, which makes no sense as OML is from an alternate universe

- And so, Logan gets ready to pull Jean from the brink so she can join a team with Nehzno and Honey Badger

- TO BE CONCLUDED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    - Cyclops suggests he'll go, but Logan's like "My dude, I'm the main character of this franchise, I will handle it like I did in X3" and goes instead
    This one is the best in my opinion lmao.

Logan/Jean romance incoming. Can't wait to see how pissed off Jean fans get when Marvel puts them together.

I'm sooo disappointed, really, really DISAPPOINTED.