Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    One more issue... seems like nothing happened...
    While the mystery/horror vibe has been well executed, this series has been a painful exercise in modern decompression. At a certain point it just becomes exploitative and a technique to milk more profit from a simple story. Claremont could have told the story of these 4 issues in 1.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    If I had my way, I would have had Storm be the one go in.

If I'm looking for an in-universe way to justify sending OM Logan in, I figure it's because he's the one who would most likely be able and ready to kill Jean should things go lopsided.
    Yeah, that's how I read it too. We've seen on multiple occasions, from Phoenix Endsong to AvX, that Logan is willing to be the one who kills Jean or whatever Phoenix host is in his path. That's not something O5 Cyclops or Storm or anyone in the X-men has shown a willingness to do. Old Man Logan already has killed all the X-men once before. I think it makes sense for him to put himself on the front lines.

It was a powerful moment among many in this issue. What I really loved was how Beast and Kitty theorized how and why Jean is back. This issue, more than anything, establishes a clear context. It's not the case that Jean has been alive this whole time. If that theory holds true, then Jean was resurrected fairly recently. If I had to guess, it probably occurred around the time of Jean Grey #1. That's when we found out the Phoenix was coming back. Somewhere after that, it created this world and brought Jean back. It also further establishes that, despite all the other hosts it has tangled with in recent years, the Phoenix Force still prefers the real, non-time displaced Jean Grey. In that sense, I think many fans can relate to the Phoenix Force.

So much more to love about this issue, but it looks like everything is setting up for a really gut-wrenching conclusion. Jean is going to be in for a shock, coming into a world that's so different from the one she left behind. With X-men Red set for release in a few weeks, I can't wait to see how this pans out.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Ok but Joshua Guthrie was really serving it in that crop-top uniform.
    ..Arguably the best scene. the best.

and too bad they gave him White wings

... or maybe the dead xmen were supposed to look altered ?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Yeah, that's how I read it too. We've seen on multiple occasions, from Phoenix Endsong to AvX, that Logan is willing to be the one who kills Jean or whatever Phoenix host is in his path. That's not something O5 Cyclops or Storm or anyone in the X-men has shown a willingness to do. Old Man Logan already has killed all the X-men once before. I think it makes sense for him to put himself on the front lines.
    That makes the moment especially twisted for him because Jean was the one X-Man OML never had to kill.

Onyxx is remembered!

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I liked the issue up until the end. The fight between Scott and Logan over who got to save her was unnecessary and an annoying call back to them fighting over Jean in the past. Neither of them should have been the one to go in as one is from early past and the other from an alternate future. Most of Jean's existence has been centered around two things: the phoenix, and the men in her life. I am happy that the phoenix is going away and I wish that her life isn't revolved around men again. I would have preferred if Storm went in there to save her, it would have been symbolic of Jean no longer needing to rely on the Scott or Logan and be a nice nod to their sisterhood. But no. We get Old Man Logan going in. He is from an alternate future so this Jean isn't his Jean, neither him or Young Scott should have been the ones to go.
    I would have loved if when they were arguing, Storm just strolled on past them and went in herself.

The X-universe is going to much less appealing with 6 Wolverines running around....
    Yeah I agree,wasn't OML jean either. Storm would've made more sense

Am I the only one tired of these evil Phoenix stories? Like there is no reason to think that if the Phoenix gets jean the world will end.

I really enjoyed some of the call backs and reactions to the Phoenix (or Jean) manifestations. As I have throughout the entire series. But this was the first issue that I can honestly say felt like filler. Other than the X-Men entering the Phoenix Egg and seeing Jean, not much happened. Maybe it would have felt like more happened had Jean seen them as well, honestly that is actually where I was thinking we'd be at with the end of this issue, with next issue focusing on the Jean/Phoenix "showdown" and the fallout/reactions with her being reunited with the X-Men, i.e. reforming and making those stronger connections. But none of that. It's all going to have to happen next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And the dye-job. For some reason he went from red to blonde between his first and last appearances.
    His hair was actually light brown in his first appearances. It's weirdly common for Guthrie children who aren't Sam and Paige to change hair color for no reason.

Overall it was a good issue but missing just one more for the final feel like it was not as epic as expected. Perhaps it is one of the evils for using decompression.

The best part is that we finally got some explanations about Phoenix motivations or why Jean is in that egg. And thanks for finally the X-mens use their heads after years they finally understood that it's no use fighting Phoenix that just makes things worse.

The issue involving OML and Tyke probably open scars on fans on both sides involving the old love triangle but let's be frank Tyke or anyone else would hesitate to kill Jean if necessary while Logan already has a vast history doing it.

Well hope the last issue ends with a bang .

Rank 8 de 10.

OML being selected for Jean was BS. I hope the PF fries him

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    Am I the only one tired of these evil Phoenix stories? Like there is no reason to think that if the Phoenix gets jean the world will end.
    Marvel is making the Phoenix a villain. It destroys everything and corrupts everyone.
    First X-Lady

The Phoenix burns away what doesn't work. How is that a bad thing? It's correcting the wrongness in the universe.

So I guess OML, who hasn’t seen the adult Jean in well over 50 years, gets more panel time than her actual son who she raised in a hellish future. Makes sense. *yawn*senselessretread*yawn*

This $#!t is boring and predictable. Wake me up when we get the next big X-line overhaul and it doesn’t revolve around duplicate versions of popular characters or multiple derivatives...

BANNED

WHAT??? WHY of all People....Logan has to be the One to talk to Jean??? Not her Old Teammates...not Storm, but a different Logan from another world gets to.

SO dumb.

Anyway, Good Issue.