Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 228
  1. #151
    Fantastic Member MeloDet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Well, regardless of whether or not OML makes sense for other reasons (killing if necessary etc.), it doesn't really change the fact that OML's explanation/reasoning was based entirely on his "romantic history" with this Jean. If he had said "We both loved her, but should it come down to it I'm the one who can put her down" or something then I doubt any one would have an issue with it.

  2. #152
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    Well, regardless of whether or not OML makes sense for other reasons (killing if necessary etc.), it doesn't really change the fact that OML's explanation/reasoning was based entirely on his "romantic history" with this Jean. If he had said "We both loved her, but should it come down to it I'm the one who can put her down" or something then I doubt any one would have an issue with it.
    Yeah, the dialog was so awkward which ruined it. If Rosenberg wrote it the way you did there would have been no problems with it "that is my Jean" was he high as f when he wrote this issue XD

  3. #153
    BANNED planetxmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Has OML been seen in solicits post-resurrection?
    Hopefully this is a sacrifice.

  4. #154
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Of course Logan never cheated on Jean, they were never together.
    I doubt Logan would ever cheat on her. At least he never slept with Emma...

    It’s painted as a win because, as others have stated, Storm followed by Tykeclops would’ve made more sense to talk to Jean. The argument that he “would do what’s necessary” is also a weak one, since we know it won’t come to that, and it doesn’t work anyway.
    Tyke is a kid, he doesn't know the stakes involved on phoenix. Logan lived all of this before. he knows what to do and his love for Jean is far more mature than a teenage crush.

    well storm was just sleeping again and lost the bus

    It’s not like this is the worst thing to ever happen, but it’s the most obvious sign yet that there wasn’t nearly as much planning behind this as they might’ve liked us to believe. More than ten years and this is the best that they can come up with?
    of course there wasn't planning. They were trying to bring jean back without Jean herself, first with hope and then a teenage jean. It was done with baby steps

  5. #155
    Astonishing Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    Well, regardless of whether or not OML makes sense for other reasons (killing if necessary etc.), it doesn't really change the fact that OML's explanation/reasoning was based entirely on his "romantic history" with this Jean. If he had said "We both loved her, but should it come down to it I'm the one who can put her down" or something then I doubt any one would have an issue with it.
    Killing her to stop the Phoenix when the Phoenix is physically right there watching, having just raised from the ashes in the first place is a very shortsighted plan. Beyond the evergrowing mountain of evidence that killing Jean doesn't accomplish a whole lot, the Phoenix can cross solarsystems in an instant, it's here on Earth with several other viable host that can't defend themselves. Even if this crossover is holding firm to the idea that it's harmless without a host, it can still kill them pretty quickly for interfering. Whoever is going in there should NOT be one like to something rash and stupid to Phoenix hosts, like Logan was wont to do.

  6. #156
    Fantastic Member MeloDet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Killing her to stop the Phoenix when the Phoenix is physically right there watching, having just raised from the ashes in the first place is a very shortsighted plan. Beyond the evergrowing mountain of evidence that killing Jean doesn't accomplish a whole lot, the Phoenix can cross solarsystems in an instant, it's here on Earth with several other viable host that can't defend themselves. Even if this crossover is holding firm to the idea that it's harmless without a host, it can still kill them pretty quickly for interfering. Whoever is going in there should NOT be one like to something rash and stupid to Phoenix hosts, like Logan was wont to do.
    I mean fair enough lol I just happen to think a) that would at least be more palatable and b) that using his willingness to kill as a rationalization doesn't work given the dialogue.

  7. #157
    Incredible Member ButterRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Ok, so someone in the JG appreciation thread said apparently OML has a connection to 616 Jean. But does the 616 Jean in Phoenix Resurrection have a connection to OML???

    The time-displaced O5 have a connection to 616 O5, but 616 O5 do not have a connection to time-displaced O5 in the sense they never experienced the reality that the time-displaced O5 experience in the current 616 canon. Does this make sense?

    So even if OML has a connection to 616 Jean, what should matter is if 616 Jean from Phoenix Resurrection has a connection to him so she knows who the F he is.

    I'm talking about a forward and backward relationship.

    It's completely stupid OML said he has a connection to this Jean when he doesn't even know if the 616 Jean in Phoenix Resurrection remembers him. She might not even recognize him and it could bring back bad memories. Jean needs someone calming, like Storm. To send in an alternate version of Wolverine is a complete joke.

  8. #158
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Ok, so someone in the JG appreciation thread said apparently OML has a connection to 616 Jean. But does the 616 Jean in Phoenix Resurrection have a connection to OML???

    The time-displaced O5 have a connection to 616 O5, but 616 O5 do not have a connection to time-displaced O5 in the sense they never experienced the reality that the time-displaced O5 experience in the current 616 canon. Does this make sense?

    So even if OML has a connection to 616 Jean, what should matter is if 616 Jean from Phoenix Resurrection has a connection to him so she knows who the F he is.

    I'm talking about a forward and backward relationship.

    It's completely stupid OML said he has a connection to this Jean when he doesn't even know if the 616 Jean in Phoenix Resurrection remembers him. She might not even recognize him and it could bring back bad memories. Jean needs someone calming, like Storm. To send in an alternate version of Wolverine is a complete joke.
    it's a alternate timeline that shared the same past as the Logan did

  9. #159
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    2,572

    Default

    In OML timeline was Jean alive when he killed all the X-men?

  10. #160
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Has OML been seen in solicits post-resurrection?
    Hopefully this is a sacrifice.
    Yea his solo is still ongoing and he’s still in Weapon X as of the latest solicits.

  11. #161
    Incredible Member Wissenschaft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    778

    Default

    This could have been great. Instead....its mediocre. Sigh.

    Marvel giveth with one hand and Marvel taketh away with the other. At least we are getting Jean back.

  12. #162
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    In OML timeline was Jean alive when he killed all the X-men?
    Jean was already dead when OML massacred the X-Men. We learned this in an early issue of Extraordinary X-Men.

  13. #163
    Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Also did no one catch that this was the first time anyone has said anything about the Teen Jean and Scott loving each other that hasn't just been hinted at? Eat your heart out, Bloodstorm.
    Hahahaha, I was hoping someone would mention this!! Jott forever!

  14. #164
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Americana
    Posts
    4,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    This could have been great. Instead....its mediocre. Sigh.

    Marvel giveth with one hand and Marvel taketh away with the other. At least we are getting Jean back.
    I must agree. Issue 1 was so promising. And then 2, 3, 4 have utterly disappointed.

    The only thing good is the sense of grand scale with so many characters but meh. That isn't enough. The mysteries are still kinda intriguing but if it's all resolved as straightforwardly as it seems, bleh.
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

  15. #165
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,968

    Default

    For Scott fans who are really mad Logan was the choosen guy instead of tinyclops. I think the last issue may hold good things for Scott.
    Rosenberg already said he is a Jott fan (unfortunaly)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •