Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Hard not to think it's just trying to basically mimic the whole X3 movie ending theme "Wolverine and Jean have forbidden strong feelings but with Cyclops gone, can Wolverine manage to do what he needs and be ruthless to save Jean's soul?"
    Yeah, I'm also getting that vibe. That is not good, not good at all.

Storm should've blasted both of them with lightning and told them that much like they're trying to end the cycle of Phoenix using her as a vessel for its own whims. Logan and Scott need to end the cycle of thinking they are the only two people who can reach out to Jean. And right now what she doesn't need is them fighting over her, she needs a friend. Then Storm goes in herself.

Who is swirly pelvis?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Who is swirly pelvis?

Annnnnddd....DEAD LMAO!! You crack me up

Ha ha for real though..... Jetstream? Why he got dat X?

Ha ha for real though..... Jetstream? Why he got dat X?
    In the next panels they say he's Vulcan, I think

I wondered that too, could place everyone but him. But yeah, Vulcan and Hydroman's baby?

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Hard not to think it's just trying to basically mimic the whole X3 movie ending theme "Wolverine and Jean have forbidden strong feelings but with Cyclops gone, can Wolverine manage to do what he needs and be ruthless to save Jean's soul?"
    That’s exactly what it feels like. It’s like this current crop of writers is far more influenced by the films than the actual comics. So Scott and Storm get the shaft, and they have no idea of what to do with anyone who isn’t Logan, Magneto or Xavier (now that he’s back and we got a whole comic dedicated to that).

Maybe after Deadpool 2 they’ll know who Cable is and factor him into the rest of the X-books some. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    In the next panels they say he's Vulcan, I think
    Hence forth to be called The Ejaculator.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'd say that there's far more than 'minimal effort' being put into this miniseries. Rosenberg has crafted a creepy dimension populated by dead characters the readers and living characters know and, in some cases, love. Jean's suburban dream world going up in flames around her while she questions herself works perfectly for me. The emotional beats and connections are there, the focus on atmosphere over action is appreciated for a story like this, the attention to character histories and interactions and individual voices is well done... I'm very impressed, esp. by the decision to make this a weekly series since it might have dragged as a monthly.
    If anything's wrong with it, I'd say this should have only been 4 issues instead of 5. It could also have worked in OGN format. We haven't had one of those since No More Humans, right?
    I agree, this series has been great so far and Rosenberg clearly knows his X-History. I understand people wanting Storm to have been the one to confront Jean but I wouldn't have written it to be anyone but Scott (not teen Scott, alas) or Logan anyway. If Old Man Logan is supposed to be 616 Logan from some unspecified time in the future he knew Jean all the way through Morrison's X-Men + Phoenix Endsong so why wouldn't he go in?

BANNED

Jean didn’t become fully Phoenix in the Morrison run until Logan killed her in an act of mercy. So what if the Phoenix wants Logan to strike Jean with his claws to piss her off? Obviously if it just brought her back it can do so again.

It’s amazing that none of the X-Men tried to ask the Phoenix what it really wants or why it brought Jean back. Of course she is the prime host, but is the Phoenix planning on doing something?

I also don’t think this matter will be truly settled as of the end of the series. It looks like the Phoenix will appear to go away, but appearances are never what they seem.

BANNED

Hence forth to be called The Ejaculator.
    LOL you are getting so dirty....i Like it :P

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

I'm so confused. I thought this old Logan was from another timeline and not 616.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    I'm so confused. I thought this old Logan was from another timeline and not 616.
    He is and he killed all the xmen in his world. It's completely WTF that someone from THIS timeline that has known Jean for a long time.....like maybe Iceman, Angel, Beast, Storm would've been better choices. They're treating this more like a "villain of the week" and the teams under Kitty's leadership instead of a personal Jean/Xmen story.

Extraordinary Member

The writer really should have read X-Men: Phoenix - Endsong, and if he did I am baffled. One more issue of this lacklustre ode to Jean and I will probably have to reread that series a few time to get this out of my mind.