Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    In the next panels they say he's Vulcan, I think
    The Vulcan on the later pages had a different costume, it was closer to his look back in Deadly Genesis.

This looks exactly like a recolored Hydro-Man with an X on his chest. So my best guess is Washout?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I really enjoyed this. Did anything big happen? No, not really. However, we did get some theories to explain what's been going on this whole time. The Phoenix incubating Jean, and the weird phenomenon happening in the real world being Jean pushing back against the Phoenix, were really great imo. Loved getting to see Lorna have some lines of dialogue, and her reaction to seeing Jean was really nice. The ending was problematic, and ironic, seeing as how this isn't OML's Jean either. Storm would have been the better option. Though I felt kinda bad for Cyclops, sending in a teenager made no sense, so I don't know why he would expect different.

BANNED

so is Jean responsible for the "Better Off dead/ daed ffo retteb" ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I really enjoyed this. Did anything big happen? No, not really. However, we did get some theories to explain what's been going on this whole time. The Phoenix incubating Jean, and the weird phenomenon happening in the real world being Jean pushing back against the Phoenix, were really great imo. Loved getting to see Lorna have some lines of dialogue, and her reaction to seeing Jean was really nice. The ending was problematic, and ironic, seeing as how this isn't OML's Jean either. Storm would have been the better option. Though I felt kinda bad for Cyclops, sending in a teenager made no sense, so I don't know why he would expect different.
    Here is my problem with it, we all had theories, and for four issues those theories have mostly been because the book really has not been anything but vague, I mean even Kitty has been needlessly vague talking to the rest of the X-Men, and then we finally get some theories from the main characters themselves that don't really say much more than what we might be wondering and almost seem to be self-contradictory anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if the Phoenix bird they saw was just another illusion too and OML stabs it and then holds hand with Jean and says "No More Phoenix!" and walks her back to the land of the living.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The Vulcan on the later pages had a different costume, it was closer to his look back in Deadly Genesis.

This looks exactly like a recolored Hydro-Man with an X on his chest. So my best guess is Washout?
    omg BEETLE FTW!!!
    Its GOTTA BE Washout

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

Ooh good guess. Probably right. I completely forgot about Washout's existence.

If those global illusions were Jean's telepathic cries for help. Was it Jean who open the phoenix pod to let the x-men in? Jean secretly getting help from the x-men to break her free. Though we know OML kinda ruin that.
    First X-Lady

BANNED

WOW, such hyperbolic & hypercritical acrimony, throughout this review thread. After combing thru the responses, I believe it's becoming clearer & clearer that NetfliX might be on the right track with this: TheVerge.com, Netflix is reportedly experimenting with interactive TV shows for adults
    Netflix is bringing interactive storytelling to more of its original programming, Bloomberg reports. The streaming service is apparently producing a choose-your-own-adventure-style TV show for adults, similar to its already-available interactive children’s programming.

This past June, Netflix premiered Puss in Book: Trapped in an Epic Tale, an animated series that allowed viewers to make decisions about where the story would go and how it would end. ...
    With comics & the like, which word is are considering the same prospect, it could be used as a sorta 'insert your own, personal fan-favorite character here' type of thing. More & more, I believe, satisfaction will stem from customization as time goes on. It sounds like fans are getting to the point where they kinda wanna write & tell their own stories, or in this case, determine how the the story plays out. I know I wouldn't mind givin' it a try, if and/or when it became available. If not all the time, it might be a good alternative, to the traditional eXperience... and make people happier, with the outcome.

As for me, on the issue itself, I agree with:
    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Another enjoyable issue.
    >Art was nice.
    >The creepy atmosphere continues with the hellscape that only Jean can't see. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    ... Rosenberg has crafted a creepy dimension populated by dead characters and living characters the readers know and, in some cases, love. Jean's suburban dream world going up in flames around her while she questions herself works perfectly for me. The emotional beats and connections are there, the focus on atmosphere over action is appreciated for a story like this, the attention to character histories and interactions and individual voices is well done... I'm very impressed, esp. by the decision to make this a weekly series since it might have dragged as a monthly. ...

I think this review puts the comic in an interesting perspective.

http://blacknerdproblems.com/phoenix...tion-4-review/

To summarize, we're getting a glimpse into Jean's subconscious, but where everyone else can see something is clearly wrong, Jean doesn't see the nightmare because to her this is normal OR she's willfully ignoring her inner voice telling her there's a problem.

From that point of view, Jean in Fake-ville could be the most viscerale "get your shit together" statement I've ever seen.

BANNED

VERY interesting, and... disturbing... distressing, but... revealing, enlightening (?), at the same time. What an introspective view of it, I must say. And LOVED this:

9.4 Seared Wolverines out of 10
    SO funny!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-25-2018 at 09:15 PM.

BANNED

Question would be tho, is it only Jean or human nature in general, as a whole... that causes us to merely tread water and/or just spin our wheels, at times? I know procrastination (among other things), for instance, can be the proverbial monkey on my back... that seems virtually impossible to inoculate against fully - URG!

Extraordinary Member

I may be missing something, but...isn’t this Logan from a different reality? So, when he tells Scott that is not “his” Jean, well...it’s not his Jean either. M

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I may be missing something, but...isn’t this Logan from a different reality? So, when he tells Scott that is not “his” Jean, well...it’s not his Jean either. M
    It's been discussed. Extensively.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's been discussed. Extensively.
    Oh. I think I missed the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Stop trying to use logic and sense. This is Marvel. They don't take kindly to those things.