Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Right, shouldn't he have noticed she was, well, vaporized?
    In blue (Can't remember what issue) is stated that Jeen can block the rapport but Tyke can't. *Which is unfair

...I would be okay if they sent OML because he is the only willing to kill Jean, as it comes natural to him to kill teammates. But that old unrequired love thing is so tiring..

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Except X-Men Blue just affirmed that the O5 are NOT from an alternate reality.
    He'd essentially be an AR version to Jean. He has been in present day and changed so much that he is not the man that Jean knew and loved

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Storm should have pushed boyclops and the geriatric aside, told Kitty to shut up, and walked in that diner like "Hey bitch! Where you been?!"

Agreed. I just read it and...wow. That was a terrible ending which made no sense. Out of all the folks standing there, a version of Logan from 50 years in the future where he’d moved on, married and had a family (who were later brutally murdered) going in there all hangdog to “do what must be done” (because apparently everyone else is too much of a wimp to do it, except they’ve proven they’re not on multiple occasions) was just...crap.

These writers are so stuck in the past that it’s sad. Cannot get out of the stupid Logan-Jean-Scott triangle even when it makes zero sense because you aren’t even dealing with the real versions of two out of the three. Old Logan’s speech to teen Scott made sense. But if Storm had said, “Enough. We all loved Jean. And Logan, I’m sorry, but you aren’t exactly the man she knew either anymore. She was...is...my best friend. I will handle this.” And then she just strolled in there? Now that would’ve made sense and been a badass moment. And I’m not even a huge Storm fan. Damn.

Storm should have pushed boyclops and the geriatric aside, told Kitty to shut up, and walked in that diner like "Hey bitch! Where you been?!"

You are so much fun!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

You know I actually think the posters are right Storm was the best person to speak to her.

It's not Jean's Logan or Scott, Hank and Bobby would be useless, Rachel is KO and Professor X is dead.

This was Ororo's moment. Stolen.

Can we come up with a better solution than if all else fails kill Jean. She’s already been stabbed many times (which makes me realize Jean’s a lot tougher than people think, imagine allowing yourself to get stabbed multiple times by three knives) and been dead. The last issue should be Jean vs the force.
    First X-Lady

I am terribly disappointed. I can't believe it took them 14 years to come up with something so uninteresting.

What a horrible issue where nothing actually happens. It all feels so uneventful. They actually see Jean and nothing, no emotional breakdown, heartfelt tears, a moving speech. The X-Men are treating it like it's everyday's business. Oh she's back, cool, let's rescue her, then off to 20 pages of theories on what does the Phoenix wants and no answers at all.

And more dead X-Men showing up, fighting a little bit and then vanishing. What's the point other than nostalgia and fanservicing? "omg Rosenberg remembered my favorite dead New X-Men with whom Jean never had any real contact, such a genius"

And then there's Kitty. I get it. She's the X-Men leader nowadays, but really, does she have to say all the lines? It's like she's the main character here. With all the talk that Jean's the heart and soul of the X-Men, we haven't see any of that. Jean's more like the afterthought.

Of course, Old Logan and Young Cyclops was eye-rolling. All Jean's closest friends are there, but hey let's focus on those two alternate doppelgangers fighting over her.

Anyway, this was horrible. Jean deserved a much better return than this. I kept thinking of when Storm first met Jean after her resurrection during Inferno. That's how it should've been. I wanted emotion and feelings. And nothing in Phoenix Resurrection conveys that.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    You know I actually think the posters are right Storm was the best person to speak to her.

It's not Jean's Logan or Scott, Hank and Bobby would be useless, Rachel is KO and Professor X is dead.

This was Ororo's moment. Stolen.
    No doubt about it. Their tight friendship seems completely forgotten...or abandoned so we can play with yet another lame ass sad Logan moment. Probably comes from all these writers being male and way too into the film versions or something. Read some 80s X-men. Storm would’ve told both those guys to stand down and strolled in there like a boss. Fact.

Hell, having her and Cable argue it out would’ve made far more sense...teen Scott doesn’t know this adult woman and OML hasn’t known her for over half a damn century and he looks like hell...but, you know, these writers always sideline Nathan because they can’t figure out what to do with him. They seem to get him about as much as they get Storm. Maybe after he debuts in a movie they’ll have a frickin’ clue.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 01-24-2018 at 10:51 AM.

I honestly want someone to explain to me why this needed to be five issues. The whole series has been a slog to get through but this issue killed any potential exciment.

The Scott/Logan argument was dumb and yeah, Storm would've made more sense, but can't have her be anywhere close to competant these days.

I am so ready for leader Kitty to step the eff down.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

lolol hilarious. i would have died it storm told her to shut up.

and love big brother!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I honestly want someone to explain to me why this needed to be five issues. The whole series has been a slog to get through but this issue killed any potential exciment.

The Scott/Logan argument was dumb and yeah, Storm would've made more sense, but can't have her be anywhere close to competant these days.

I am so ready for leader Kitty to step the eff down.
    All of this. 100% agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. I just read it and...wow. That was a terrible ending which made no sense. Out of all the folks standing there, a version of Logan from 50 years in the future where he’d moved on, married and had a family (who were later brutally murdered) going in there all hangdog to “do what must be done” (because apparently everyone else is too much of a wimp to do it, except they’ve proven they’re not on multiple occasions) was just...crap.

These writers are so stuck in the past that it’s sad. Cannot get out of the stupid Logan-Jean-Scott triangle even when it makes zero sense because you aren’t even dealing with the real versions of two out of the three. Old Logan’s speech to teen Scott made sense. But if Storm had said, “Enough. We all loved Jean. And Logan, I’m sorry, but you aren’t exactly the man she knew either anymore. She was...is...my best friend. I will handle this.” And then she just strolled in there? Now that would’ve made sense and been a badass moment. And I’m not even a huge Storm fan. Damn.

Thank you. Just thank you lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No doubt about it. Their tight friendship seems completely forgotten...or abandoned so we can play with yet another lame ass sad Logan moment. Probably comes from all these writers being male and way too into the film versions or something. Read some 80s X-men. Storm would’ve told both those guys to stand down and strolled in there like a boss. Fact.

Hell, having her and Cable argue it out would’ve made far more sense...teen Scott doesn’t know this adult woman and OML hasn’t known her for over half a damn century and he looks like hell...but, you know, these writers always sideline Nathan because they can’t figure out what to do with him. They seem to get him about as much as they get Storm. Maybe after he debuts in a movie they’ll have a frickin’ clue.
    Is Cable not still knocked out?

Well maybe if they are sending Old Man Logan to kill Jean but not really getting that vibe here.

BANNED

So far my favourite resurrection events are Green Lantern Rebirth and Reign of Supermen, phoenix resurrection feels a little rushed in comparison

That ending made no sense, lol. That's not Old Man Logan's Jean either.