View Poll Results: How many stars would you give this issue?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • ☆☆☆☆☆

1 4.00%
  • ☆☆☆☆

9 36.00%
  • ☆☆☆

4 16.00%
  • ☆☆

10 40.00%
  • 1 4.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'm liking the current arc more than the previous one. Even if I'm not a fan of Jason, I'm finding Robinson's run more enjoyable with each issue.
    I am too. Hopefully the problems with the Darkseid arc will be rectified in the follow up after Silver Swan. It seems from the voting some of us are starting to thaw to Robinson after giving him a much deserved cold shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    "Nana." I think Mel is suggesting "grandmother."
    I'm not the only Perez era fan, who wants Doc Julia back in the comic.

The new Swan origin, which kills off Vanessa's mother, seemingly wipes out Doc Julia, ..and I don't think I'm the only reader, who doesn't like that, considering we haven't even been introduced to her, yet. Since the death happened off-panel, we really don't know that Vanessa's unnamed mother was Julia, anyway; we can assume she was, but don't know, for sure. So, I'm suggesting that Julia be brought back or rebirthed, with another backstory. Instead of being Vanessa's mother, as in the Perez stories, a clever writer might bring her back, as Nessie's nana, instead. Honestly, wouldn't care what relation Nessie was to Julia - cousin, aunt, etc. - if we could get her back in the WW comic, as a supporting or recurring character.

Of course, nana means 'grandmother'...and thank you, Bifrost.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-31-2018 at 06:32 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I am too. Hopefully the problems with the Darkseid arc will be rectified in the follow up after Silver Swan. It seems from the voting some of us are starting to thaw to Robinson after giving him a much deserved cold shoulder.
    Robinson's WW run will not win everyone's hearts, but I'm fairly optimistic that it'll end up being good and respectful of the character.

Robinson's 1st issue of Trinity is really good too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    ... The dialog is abysmally generic. Wonder Woman sounds like a doll, where you pull a string and she spits out random quotes -- "I am Wonder Woman!" "I believe in truth and love!" "Stop this madness!" "Don't make me hurt you...you're my brother/friend!" It's embarrassing. He doesn't know how to voice the character, so he's portraying her as a caricature of herself. I feel like I can predict what she'll say in every panel...
    This is hilarious! I find this run to be much more enjoyable when I read it as satire (that doesn't know it is satire); it's DC's Master Class of generic comic tropes 101. Now, I want that doll.

TBH right now Snyder is really the only one whose current voice for Diana I like. Because, well, she sounds fairly normal. I'm not a fan of her having much of a noticeably formal or otherwise odd speech pattern unless its stories when she's just off the island and learning English. In a continuity where she's been around for a decade plus, she should have a pretty normal American speech pattern. I'm not a big fan of the current theme of her sounding overtly foreign to the land she's inhabited for so long. It varies, Robinson is moderately noticeable, while Tom King was off the charts, but I still don't prefer it in any way. Again outside of a continuity where she's new or flashbacks to early days.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-31-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    TBH right now Snyder is really the only one whose current voice for Diana I like. Because, well, she sounds fairly normal. I'm not a fan of her having much of a noticeably formal or otherwise odd speech pattern unless its stories when she's just off the island and learning English. In a continuity where she's been around for a decade plus, she should have a pretty normal American speech pattern. I'm not a big fan of the current theme of her sounding overtly foreign to the land she's inhabited for so long. It varies, Robinson is moderately noticeable, while Tom King was off the charts, but I still don't prefer it in any way. Again outside of a continuity where she's new or flashbacks to early days.
    If there's ever been an opponent of Wonder Woman thee-thy-thouing her way through a comic, it's me. Diana's been in America, for some ten years...might have had a secret identity, during that time. She should sound like Lynda Carter...period. The end.

As for the dialogue, James can get better. He's already shown he can do GREAT dialogue, in the JSA comic. I'll take his action-oriented stories, any day of the week, before I trade him for a writer, with a chattier style. I'll take him over someone, who thinks the WW comic should be a fourteen-paged exposition of feelings, on a rooftop, ..ending with someone crying ..and a hug...no, no, no, no!

I'm sticking with James, all the way down to the bottom.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-02-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    If there's ever been an opponent of Wonder Woman thee-thy-thouing her way through a comic, it's me. Diana's been in America, for some ten years...might have had a secret identity, during that time. She should sound like Lynda Carter...period. The end.

As for the dialogue, James can get better. He's already shown he can do GREAT dialogue, in the JSA comic. I'll take his action-oriented stories, any day of the week, before I trade him for a writer, with a chattier style. I'll take him over someone, who thinks the WW comic should be a fourteen-paged exposition of feelings, on a rooftop, ..ending with someone crying ..and a hug...no, no, no, no!

I'm sticking with James, all the way down to the bottom.
    Yes because when you live in America your own cultural identity is wiped and everyone sounds exactly the same. LOL.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Okay, so Dr.Pysho is the one who is controlling Silver Swan. Is there anyone else you wanted to have to give Vannesa her powers?