Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Marvel 2-in-One #2 Spoilers

A thread to discuss the latest issue of 2-in-One. I tried to do a summary, but I sucked at it and I hope someone else provides one.

I really liked the issue, it was fun and not a tearjerker like the last one but still has a lot of heart. I especially loved Doom and the flashback with Reed and Ben in college.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

'Victor Von Doof' just made this entire series for me.

Like, that's his origin now. Never mind all that guff about getting his mom back from Hell or Reed 'tampering' with his infernal telescope gadget before it exploded in his face; no, Doctor Doom has spent 5 real-world decades trying to end the Fantastic Four and conquer the world because of a bit of duct tape on a trophy that he cannot get over.

*kisses fingers like a chef*
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post

Like, that's his origin now. Never mind all that guff about getting his mom back from Hell or Reed 'tampering' with his infernal telescope gadget before it exploded in his face; no, Doctor Doom has spent 5 real-world decades trying to end the Fantastic Four and conquer the world because of a bit of duct tape on a trophy that he cannot get over.

I love that and that even when people fix it Reed always goes back to the college and changes it back. I love that level of petty.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This gave me a good laugh at the end how ironic it being hidden in the trophy. This reminds me of a page in Wizards Magazine with Doom bragging about some of his most noteworthy feats. I remember one being life time achievement goal or something like that being "melt Reed Richards face" and then i think one was Greatest Accomplishment - Melting Reed Richards face. It really has been a good personal rivalry between them.
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 01-24-2018 at 06:02 PM.

I love this series so far, but I'm thinking more and more that it will not lead to Sue and Reed's return. It seems like a book to satiate fans without bringing them back.

The best part of this is that, it's not that far fetched lol.

I'm not really a fan of F4, but I'm enjoying this series so far, feels like one of those stories where you don't need to know that much about the lore to just enjoy it, which is convenient for me.

This book is so good I decided to give Chip’s Spider-man another try. The art in this book is really good. I wish they would place more top tier artist on books. Chip may be the guy that Marvel should place on Fantastic Four when they finally publish it again.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    This book is so good I decided to give Chip’s Spider-man another try. The art in this book is really good. I wish they would place more top tier artist on books. Chip may be the guy that Marvel should place on Fantastic Four when they finally publish it again.
    Well, his first 4 issues in Spectacular were trash (Specialy that issue 2, I'll hate it forever lol), easily the worst Spidey comics at the time, but after that it suddenly becomes pretty good, for me it's the best current Spidey comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, his first 4 issues in Spectacular were trash (Specialy that issue 2, I'll hate it forever lol), easily the worst Spidey comics at the time, but after that it suddenly becomes pretty good, for me it's the best current Spidey comics.
    I read the first two issues. I agree they were trash. The art is fantastic though. I'm a big fan of the Kubert brothers art.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Ah, but it really makes Reed petty also. And when you think about it there wasn't much wrong about what Victor did to best Reed. This is pre-accident Victor and he comes from a backwards country where if you didn't show proper respect for the local aristocrat by bowing etc you probably got a rifle butt to the back of your head. So he made sure the professors who were judging the contest got some special attention, flattering one and fixing the car of another (never mind that Victor probably rigged the care and caused the breakdown). It's the American way to campaign these days. We saw a little of that in his origin in FF annual #2 but some of that would be politically incorrect these days.

Besides, it's a lot more than the trophy thing that bugs Victor about Reed but that's another topic that I've gone into detail in the Doom thread.

One big issue has been confusing me about this title, and it also goes back to things Infamous Iron Man and the conclusion of Secret Wars. Why does Victor think Ben is lying to Johnny when he tells him Reed, Sue and the kids can be found out there in the multiverse? Why does he seem to think they're dead? He should remember that Reed was the one who got the power from the Molecule Man at the conclusion of SW. It's kind of vague but I assume that Victor knew that Reed used his power to give Victor his face back also. I hope this gets explained at some point, if we ever see Reed again.

With that being said, there's a lot to like here....the art by Cheung is great as always and just about any flashback to their college days is fun. I like how easy it was for Doom to switch that monarch attitude back on again when he became President of Monster Island. It's a delicate balance to write this new Infamous Iron Man without forgetting that there's still some adjustments going on there. I just hope that it's a while before we see a return to old Doom, if ever. I think a regression would be a bit lazy on Marvel's part.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-25-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Incredible Member

Googam, googam, googam!!!!.... That is all.....

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Ah, but it really makes Reed petty also. And when you think about it there wasn't much wrong about what Victor did to best Reed. This is pre-accident Victor and he comes from a backwards country where if you didn't show proper respect for the local aristocrat by bowing etc you probably got a rifle butt to the back of your head. So he made sure the professors who were judging the contest got some special attention, flattering one and fixing the car of another (never mind that Victor probably rigged the care and caused the breakdown). It's the American way to campaign these days. We saw a little of that in his origin in FF annual #2 but some of that would be politically incorrect these days.

Besides, it's a lot more than the trophy thing that bugs Victor about Reed but that's another topic that I've gone into detail in the Doom thread.

One big issue has been confusing me about this title, and it also goes back to things Infamous Iron Man and the conclusion of Secret Wars. Why does Victor think Ben is lying to Johnny when he tells him Reed, Sue and the kids can be found out there in the multiverse? Why does he seem to think they're dead? He should remember that Reed was the one who got the power from the Molecule Man at the conclusion of SW. It's kind of vague but I assume that Victor knew that Reed used his power to give Victor his face back also. I hope this gets explained at some point, if we ever see Reed again.

With that being said, there's a lot to like here....the art by Cheung is great as always and just about any flashback to their college days is fun. I like how easy it was for Doom to switch that monarch attitude back on again when he became President of Monster Island. It's a delicate balance to write this new Infamous Iron Man without forgetting that there's still some adjustments going on there. I just hope that it's a while before we see a return to old Doom, if ever. I think a regression would be a bit lazy on Marvel's part.
    I don't think it's so much that Doom doesn't know (though there is no way he knows *exactly* what's up with Reed). He just knows that Ben doesn't know and is lying to Johnny.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 01-25-2018 at 01:13 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I am enjoying this comic so much more than I was expecting to.

I would be immensely happy with a conclusion to this arc being Reed saying to Ben, "We're fine, and we're coming home soon." The boys need some success and Marvel may not want to bring the FF back so soon (I'm not crazy about this part, but they're Marvel, what do I know?)