Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeah, who knows. Maybe Marvel wants to wait till the deal with Fox is finalized, which could be a year from now or more.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

I've been to my two closest comic book shops for this and both were completely sold out already. I'm disappointed I haven't been able to find a copy for myself yet, but I'm glad this series is selling so well!

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    'Victor Von Doof' just made this entire series for me.

Like, that's his origin now. Never mind all that guff about getting his mom back from Hell or Reed 'tampering' with his infernal telescope gadget before it exploded in his face; no, Doctor Doom has spent 5 real-world decades trying to end the Fantastic Four and conquer the world because of a bit of duct tape on a trophy that he cannot get over.

*kisses fingers like a chef*
    Right! Villains don't need tragedy angst filled history! This is the way to do it!

Incredible Member

This is the first comic in a long while that I read through with a big grin on my face. I haven't read anything else by Chip Zdarsky, but he certainly has a great talent for dialogue. "Democracy is overrated", and "No, Googam must rule" were both priceless.The characterizations of Johnny, Doom, the Mole Man, and especially Ben are spot on. It also had quite a few humorous moments, and it had some heart as well. I hadn't realized how much I missed the FF until I started reading this book. Even if it is just the Fantastic Two for a while, I'll be picking this up every month.

I really like chip zdarsky as a writer, his runs on howard the duck, star lord and his current spider-man book were all excellent and fun to read. With that said I never would have picked him for an FF book. I just didn't think he would be able to portray the characters correctly and would just turn them into jokes. But given how these first two issues have gone he seems like the perfect person for the job. The dialogue and relationship with Johnny and Ben has been great and the same can be said for doom as well. I think the thing that has impressed me the most is the small character moments that zdarsky has absolutely nailed down so far, the short scene with ben and alicia and the flashbacks with sue and reed have been excellent. While I really hope Reed and Sue come back soon as long as this book stays at the level that it is at right now, it's an adequate replacement for the FF.
    Last edited by regg215; 01-27-2018 at 03:00 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    I've been to my two closest comic book shops for this and both were completely sold out already. I'm disappointed I haven't been able to find a copy for myself yet, but I'm glad this series is selling so well!
    If you can get in touch with one of them, find out if they re-ordered issue #1 at least. Marvel is putting out a 2nd printing next week so apparently enough shops underestimated the interest in MTIO and sold out. It's on next week's list of new releases and there are other 2nd printings listed too.

NOV178494 INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #594 2ND PTG SILVA VAR LEG $3.99
    NOV170943 INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #596 LEG $3.99
    NOV170906 JEAN GREY #11 GURIHIRU VAR LEG $4.99
    NOV170905 JEAN GREY #11 HUGO CONNECTING VAR LEG $4.99
    NOV170904 JEAN GREY #11 LEG $4.99
    NOV178495 JESSICA JONES #14 2ND PTG MACK VAR LEG $3.99
    NOV170968 JESSICA JONES #16 LEG $3.99
    NOV171072 LEGION SON OF X TP VOL 01 PRODIGAL $15.99
    DEC170002 MARVEL PREVIEWS VOL 04 #7 FEBRUARY 2018 EXTRAS $1.25
    NOV178496 MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #1 2ND PTG CHEUNG VAR LEG $3.99
    NOV170990 MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR #27 LEG $3.99
    NOV178497 MOON KNIGHT #189 2ND PTG BURROWS VAR LEG $3.99

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    'Victor Von Doof' just made this entire series for me.

Like, that's his origin now. Never mind all that guff about getting his mom back from Hell or Reed 'tampering' with his infernal telescope gadget before it exploded in his face; no, Doctor Doom has spent 5 real-world decades trying to end the Fantastic Four and conquer the world because of a bit of duct tape on a trophy that he cannot get over.

*kisses fingers like a chef*
    Oh exactly!

Already after only two issues this is one of the best books Marvel has going right now.

Zardsky and Cheung are hitting it just right on all cylinders (hows THAT for mixing metaphors like a champ)

If the quality of this is any indications on how they're planning to bring back Reed Sue and the kids, I'm looking forward to it. Great start.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    This book is so good I decided to give Chip’s Spider-man another try. The art in this book is really good. I wish they would place more top tier artist on books. Chip may be the guy that Marvel should place on Fantastic Four when they finally publish it again.
    I also bailed on Zardsky's new Spectacular after the first few issues .. 'meh'..

I went back and got caught up, and that's one of my other favorite series right now. Complete turnaround lol.

I'm liking it better than ASM atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    If you can get in touch with one of them, find out if they re-ordered issue #1 at least. Marvel is putting out a 2nd printing next week so apparently enough shops underestimated the interest in MTIO and sold out. It's on next week's list of new releases and there are other 2nd printings listed too.

NOV178494 INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #594 2ND PTG SILVA VAR LEG $3.99
    NOV170943 INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #596 LEG $3.99
    NOV170906 JEAN GREY #11 GURIHIRU VAR LEG $4.99
    NOV170905 JEAN GREY #11 HUGO CONNECTING VAR LEG $4.99
    NOV170904 JEAN GREY #11 LEG $4.99
    NOV178495 JESSICA JONES #14 2ND PTG MACK VAR LEG $3.99
    NOV170968 JESSICA JONES #16 LEG $3.99
    NOV171072 LEGION SON OF X TP VOL 01 PRODIGAL $15.99
    DEC170002 MARVEL PREVIEWS VOL 04 #7 FEBRUARY 2018 EXTRAS $1.25
    NOV178496 MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #1 2ND PTG CHEUNG VAR LEG $3.99
    NOV170990 MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR #27 LEG $3.99
    NOV178497 MOON KNIGHT #189 2ND PTG BURROWS VAR LEG $3.99
    I'm still new to the comic sales thing. Is this a good thing and does it happen often?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm still new to the comic sales thing. Is this a good thing and does it happen often?
    From what I know, it happens when there is still a demand for a particular issue. I can ask around at the LCS I go to. I know it happened with Secret Wars. Even though issue #1 had a 1st run of over 500,000 there were 2nd and IIRC 3rd printings on some issues. So you're the owner, and you sell out and still have customers looking for that issue. I know sometimes they get caught by surprise. There was no advance news about Captain America getting shot and presumably killed in Brubaker's Captain America that was tied in to the end of Civil War. People would come in asking for that issue, and I recall having it on my pull list so I was safe. I would have had to wait for a reorder or go somewhere else.

I also don't know how far in advance a shop has to send in their orders. You can see the catalogs as they come in, which is around the time we see the advance solicitations.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-30-2018 at 07:40 AM.

I have not seen this issue and may have trouble getting it. I consider myself a very old and unconditionally loving the FF - fan. They never do wrong to me, or I, ummm, forget somehow.

Having said that I've recently wondered if we may see large changes in the FF when they do return; I'm mostly thinking they will let Franklin and Valeria grow up.

If Legacy is the muse, would they someday, somehow, have a grown Franklin unite with Rachael, (but no I don't seriously want Hyperstorm unless major changes with him).

If worse comes to worse, you can always go to Marvel.com and buy the digital issue, or wait to see if your shop will get a reorder.

Good news is the next issue is coming out in 2 weeks! So be sure to let your LCS know you want that on your pull list

I love the amount of character Zdarsky shows in this book. It really feels like a mini celebration of heroes like Ben & Reed, and an incentive to new readers/those who have not read F4 books like me to go read the older books and see them in the flesh (Well, on the page?) The more of this stuff I read, the more I think Thing is my favorite F4 member (Outside of She-Hulk, of course!)

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I have not seen this issue and may have trouble getting it. I consider myself a very old and unconditionally loving the FF - fan. They never do wrong to me, or I, ummm, forget somehow.

Having said that I've recently wondered if we may see large changes in the FF when they do return; I'm mostly thinking they will let Franklin and Valeria grow up.

If Legacy is the muse, would they someday, somehow, have a grown Franklin unite with Rachael, (but no I don't seriously want Hyperstorm unless major changes with him).
    This is personal likes, but I'd rather see Franklin older, but not an adult. A teenage Franklin adds more than the kid we've seen. His feelings and emotions have changed and he'd be almost at the level Johnny was at at the start of the series. Plus an older Val would fit better with Lunella because we all want that throwdown. Forget Reed/Victor or Thing/Hulk. I want Valeria/Lunella!