Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

The Korvac saga is a grand one and has long existed slightly in the shadows compared to the first Thanos story a year or so earlier... I wonder if this could be true.

Has anyone disputed the possibility per Newsarama or somewhere that FF's Impossible Man is the challenger?

(thereby creating further linkage to FF's eventual return, and or Voyager's true ID?)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Really? You think the writers are conforming to your personal notion of how Wanda's hex powers usually backfire? We have a very clear cut situation here, there is very little to interpret. Before she attempts to unfreeze Vision there is a bit of explanation that she is tapping into her personal relationship, and when it 'works' the person who gets frozen on the rebound is also a personal relationship. Indeed, anyone that has read the old Avengers books that are so clearly referenced in this story, would be aware that this triangle is inextricably linked.

It is entirely possible Wanda won't try again, so I don't see what worrying about how they will unfreeze the others has to do with anything. That is nothing to do with my point. I am simply reading the book and explaining what the writers were putting across.

Because the relationship between these three people was always played up in classic Avengers. Wanda is continually asked to choose between her relationship between her brother and her then husband. This story deliberately looks back to the classic stories and relationships, and everyone is in reflective mood with Voyager appearing. So when she taps into her relationship she is also tapping into her old baggage.

We actually have no reason to think the people frozen is a numbers game. That is pure speculation. It is far more likely to be related to who the individuals are and or their power sets. Indeed the freezing to me evokes the Korvac Saga, and the way certain individuals were being 'collected'. It may have just been an early hint that an Elder of the Universe was in play. Indeed we may see more of these old guys as the story progresses.

(I reread the Korvac Saga yesterday, it really is awful. Just the kind of story modern writers may try and tidy up. Maybe Voyager is Carina given some actual agency. Hmmm maybe not. It would explain her possible association with Janet though, given her later apperences.)

The writers are on record that this story deliberately draws upon the whole history of The Avengers, so I expect many more players to pop up as we go along. Indeed we may see more players in the Grandmaster's game. We are barely into the story yet, not even properly through the first act.
    Well, from what I see, the writers are showing the situation. And heroes' number is limited is what I get.
    And it's Grandmaster's game, there are his rules.
    And Pietro/Wanda/Vision are way past that stage, and I don't think they are keen to pick that drama again, at least I hope so.

Back to the identity of the opponent-

He's bald, has grey skin with red coloring on the sides (or a mask that appears as such), a huge collar, and puffy sleeves. I don't know of anyone that looks like that...I wish there were a sortable, searchable Marvel Hnadbook. The wikis are great, but only when you're looking for something / someone specific

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post

He's bald, has grey skin with red coloring on the sides (or a mask that appears as such), a huge collar, and puffy sleeves. I don't know of anyone that looks like that...I wish there were a sortable, searchable Marvel Hnadbook. The wikis are great, but only when you're looking for something / someone specific
    I checked Marvel wiki under gray skin, and didn't see anyone who would really stand out

Having every handbook marvel has ever published i can safely say there is no character that resembles him in any Handbook.

Since the story seems to already reference the original Squadron Supreme clash, with the whole analogs of Justice League - perhaps this person/being is an analog of a corollary or similar character over at the Distinguished competition? So the look would not be exact but would call to mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Since the story seems to already reference the original Squadron Supreme clash, with the whole analogs of Justice League - perhaps this person/being is an analog of a corollary or similar character over at the Distinguished competition? So the look would not be exact but would call to mind?
    Grandmaster and Krona (DC) played against one another in the Avengers/JLA limited series. I am gonna say it may be Kang with a different look. For some reason he reminds me of Ronan the Accuser though.

Last edited by Lonewolf36; 01-26-2018 at 02:46 PM.

gray with red on the sides sounds like The Champion. but he doesn't really wear sleeves; likes to invite people to the gun show.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/953793393204846593

Both Brevoort and Zub have said that it's not Kobik.
    Thanks for the reference.... Unless Marvel are speaking untruths, so you never know, because they’ve done that before too.

But assuming that’s correct about Voyager not being Kobik, that solves one problem.

I'm still convinced Voyager is an adult Valeria Richards, especially after her thoughts about 'legacy' during the one-shot. She even seems to be manipulating reality at one point as she reaches with her hand and Franklin asks her what she's doing. I think she's injected herself into the past, perhaps with a little help from Franklin.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Do you have a pic/scan, it might help with identifying

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Do you have a pic/scan, it might help with identifying
    10.jpg

Pretty sure that's the most we've seen so far.