Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Congrats to MRP!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Congrats MRP for that fine Moebius cover.

And thank you Whovian for the vote.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Congratulations to MRP for a cover which (IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, DON'T JUDGE ME) uses the subtleness of Moebius' detailing to represent the nuances of the Silver Surfer in the way which Stan Lee intended. Norrin is far more than a cosmic raygun blaster, he's a big part of why Marvel made that next step with superhero comics in the sixties. And yes, I did like the last Slott version.

So what have I learned this week? The captain realizes that we are a diverse and knowledgeable crowd. The range of covers both surprises and reminds me I have a small clue anyway. I am happy to have gotten a couple of votes and thank PaulBullion and Iron Maiden for the votes as well as the HM from Kirby101. I also am pleased with the fact that I've voted for the winner. This is actually a good feeling for me, as my votes are always made before i see any others. I also vote for somone often unusual reasons. That's OK, this is like our version of Covers Against Humanity (do you see what I did there?)

On to the next contest!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Congrats MRP.

And thank you Shalla Bal for voting for my John Buscema Silver Surfer cover. Man, I can't believe just one vote for that beautiful cover. Just as Jim Steranko is THE Nick Fury artist and Frank Miller is THE Daredevil artist, John Buscema is THE definitive Silver Surfer artist, IMHO of course

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

MAJOR Congratz on the Victory MRP!

The Surfer is Riding High as Always!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congratulations, MRP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Congrats MRP.

And thank you Shalla Bal for voting for my John Buscema Silver Surfer cover. Man, I can't believe just one vote for that beautiful cover. Just as Jim Steranko is THE Nick Fury artist and Frank Miller is THE Daredevil artist, John Buscema is THE definitive Silver Surfer artist, IMHO of course
    Lots of strong entries is why some only got a few votes. And don't forget Gene Colan... his GOTG cover is what I voted for.

When I think of Marvel Artists of the Silver Age, Gene Colan is up there with Steranko, Buscema, Kirby, Ditko and Romita Sr.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Congratulations, MRP!!

Lots of strong entries is why some only got a few votes. And don't forget Gene Colan... his GOTG cover is what I voted for.

When I think of Marvel Artists of the Silver Age, Gene Colan is up there with Steranko, Buscema, Kirby, Ditko and Romita Sr.
    Absolutely. What Gene Colan was doing with Daredevil was pretty impressive and ahead of its time when compared to other artists and their ongoings at the same time. His larger than regular panels with larger than life splashes and art spilling out to neighbouring panels. Other runs seemed to be in the dark ages. His art saved many a corny script in those early Daredevil comics.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Absolutely. What Gene Colan was doing with Daredevil was pretty impressive and ahead of its time when compared to other artists and their ongoings at the same time. His larger than regular panels with larger than life splashes and art spilling out to neighbouring panels. Other runs seemed to be in the dark ages. His art saved many a corny script in those early Daredevil comics.
    I like how he used to depict Daredevil's moves like stop motion photography. That was pretty innovative for the times.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Way to go, MRP!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Congrats MRP
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Thanks all, new contest will be up soon...

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Congratulations MRP!
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Congrats MRP
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Congrats MRP for that fine Moebius cover.

And thank you Whovian for the vote.
    My pleasure! It's a fantastic cover and by one of the best ever--The Great Gene Colan!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Congrats MRP!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor