Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Omega Men got rave reviews and his Vision series was extraordinary. Yours seems to be a minority opinion.
    While it's all well and good to be able to say "This isn't for me.", it doesn't really do the initial poster much good when they seem interested in picking the series up and it is strictly a matter of how that winds up happening.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While it's all well and good to be able to say "This isn't for me.", it doesn't really do the initial poster much good when they seem interested in picking the series up and it is strictly a matter of how that winds up happening.
    To be fair, I've been very clear in advice to the OP on his original question. The advice "King sucks" is something he wasn't looking for in the least. And my comment was actually complimentary of King's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing66 View Post
    His Batman run isnt bad in singles though
    People I have spoken with generally prefers to read his Batman run in trade format rather than singles.

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    With all the hype you’d think DC would be wanting to get TPBs out ASAP while people are still talking about it. Then do a full collection possibly as a hardcover after the fact. So that’s shocking news to me.

Edit: I also haven’t had any complaints reading it as single issues fwiw. It always ends up the special treat in my pile for the week
    DC has always been slower with their trades than Marvel which more or less release them when the final issue for the trade is release. Personally I think DC should go for the Marvel route as I think it would increase the sales in trades without a to big a loss in singles. It would be easier for them to make promotion in book stores.

It's currently my favourite book and I love reading it issue by issue.

I've picked up a few of Batman and it's not really the same kind of writing or of pacing.

As for Vision, each issue is dense and adds a new layer to the book. Following step by step the building of the book feels really rewarding imho.

I've read a few weeks ago the trade of Omega Men and I regret not having followed it month by month at the time. It's a book built in the same way and I think reading it issue by issue would have increased my enjoyment of the series : as each part gives you enough to think and feel while waiting for the next one, I would have carried the story and the character with me for a much longer time than with tŕade - which I didn't read all at once btw as I didn't feel like it was the better way.
    Last edited by Abe; 01-24-2018 at 09:34 PM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Easily one of the best books I’ve read in years. If you can find the single issues I say go for it.

Thank you for the help guys