Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mr miracle! Wait for trade or buy the first six?

Wait for trade or catch up on the first six?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing66 View Post
    Wait for trade or catch up on the first six?
    Well, I'm not a King fan, but has a collected edition been announced yet, and when would it be available?
    (I didn't notice one trying a quick search on the internet.)

Yeah it says its due out end of April here in the UK. But im just wondering if i should wait till then or catch up now while there is only six issues. Ive heard nothing but good things

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing66 View Post
    Yeah it says its due out end of April here in the UK. But im just wondering if i should wait till then or catch up now while there is only six issues. Ive heard nothing but good things
    I'd probably go for the issues. The story is geared so as to make each issue mean something and not just the first x pages of a 12 issue story. There's probably a monetary savings as to tradewaiting and I don't know if a trade for 1-6 and issues 7-12 is an option you'd like.

But if you can get the individual issues, I'd say do that. It's deep with a lot of content and detail so 20some pages at a time might be a better way to read it.

Thanks dude that makes alot of sense plus it would mean waiting till the end of April to read it if i got it in trade

I heard that the first trade got cancelled and that they will be collecting the whole series together like Omega Men. I picked up the first issue, but decided to tradewait it, as I do with all of King's work.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Thats not good, i may have to just get the issues then

Now I'm biased here since I trade wait for every thing. However King's work is as from what others have told me here on this board not read very well in single issues an are read better collected. So King's work would be one of the last thing I would pick up in floppies.

His Batman run isnt bad in singles though

Plus Mr Miracle has had raving reviews so far

Fantastic Member

With all the hype you’d think DC would be wanting to get TPBs out ASAP while people are still talking about it. Then do a full collection possibly as a hardcover after the fact. So that’s shocking news to me.

Edit: I also haven’t had any complaints reading it as single issues fwiw. It always ends up the special treat in my pile for the week
    Last edited by soundsci; 01-24-2018 at 03:03 PM.

I have been thinking about picking them up for the past few weeks from comixology

While I personally believe it will be solid as singles and in a trade, the first issue alone should give you what you will need to know if the series works for you.

Incredible Member

His Batman is horrible in trade or single issues. Either way he doesn’t know how to write a complete story.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    His Batman is horrible in trade or single issues. Either way he doesn’t know how to write a complete story.
    Omega Men got rave reviews and his Vision series was extraordinary. Yours seems to be a minority opinion.