Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Kendra grew up during a turning point in Thanagar's culture were the planet began putting more emphasis on science and arts than war (think the evolution of the Mandalorians in Star Wars). However, some like Hro Talak, long for the older, uglier days. Think the Mandalorian Death Watch from Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
    I like this a LOT.

I want a complicated cosmos for the DCU, with social change and cultural paradigms in flux from constant and conflict and interplanetary alliances. Thanagar is ripe for big changes, and possible dissolution. The THEME is Reincarnation!

Shayera's big theme is double agent/double cross... but her loyalties could be in constant flux from what's happening back home, and what's happening on Earth.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 01-29-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I like this a LOT.

I want a complicated cosmos for the DCU, with social change and cultural paradigms in flux from constant and conflict and interplanetary alliances. Thanagar is ripe for big changes, and possible dissolution. The THEME is Reincarnation!

Shayera's big theme is double agent/double cross... but her loyalties could be in constant flux from what's happening back home, and what's happening on Earth.
    Do you mean the comic version of Shayera? Cause the animated version is the only one that was a double agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Do you mean the comic version of Shayera? Cause the animated version is the only one that was a double agent.
    Ehh, I'm far more beholden to animated Hawkwoman. Comic continuity is so messy that I use JLU as the spine I hang my ideas onto.

This idea is for the reincarnated human versions of Hawkman and Hawkwoman

Carter Hall and/or Kendra Saunders should have an Assassin Creed-like storyline where they are forced to enter a shady government's scientific project, an advance technology which allows him to relive the memories of their past lives stored in their DNA. It enables him to separate their's consciousness from their body and to infuse their mind with their ancestors.

From Carter Hall -> James Wright -> to all the way to Prince Khufu
    From Kendra Saunders -> Sheira Hall -> Sheila Carr -> to all the way to Princess Chay-Ara

The Seven Devils

Nephthys the winged woman
    Bes the little man
    Tawaret, the hippo
    Wadjet, the cobra
    Nekhbet, the vulture
    Serket, the scorpion
    Heqet, the frog

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Personally, I never found Hawkman & Hawkgirl all that compelling until the ancient Egyptian origins were combined with the Thanagarian alien Alex Raymond stuff.

Together, you've got a greater variety of potential stories, supporting characters and villains than you'd have with either character separately.

I would also agree with a lot here that Hawkgirl has always tended to be the more interesting of the two.