Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default ....So why does it seem like no one is excited about Living Lightning return?

So Living Lightning , now known as just Lightning, is back and it really doesn't seem like anyone is interested in the prospect. The character has loads of potential, cool, powerset, and a few interesting stories aspects that could be played with.

Yet not a peep. He is one of the first LGBT Avengers ever and still no love....I don't get it.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

He hasn't really done anything yet. I like his design and his powers, but that shouldn't usually be enough to rave about a character. He needs good stories first. Maybe once No Surrender gets going, we'll have more people appreciate him.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Have they done anything with him being gay besides that one scene in Great Lake Avengers?

Waitaminute holdup... Living Lightning??? Y'all telling me there's a character out there who was actually calling himself Living Lightning... and this character was an Avenger too?

LMAO

I and quiet a few others have gotten excited about characters who haven't done anything yet all the time.

Moon Girl and Kamala Khan are both examples.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Maybe it's because Miguel has never been a major character, he is a third stringer who has made only a couple of appearances and was a very brief Avenger

And maybe most of us weren't reading comics when he was around in the past? He dates back to the early 90s, that's about 25 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Waitaminute holdup... Living Lightning??? Y'all telling me there's a character out there who was actually calling himself Living Lightning... and this character was an Avenger too?

LMAO
    A West Coast Avenger, yes. He goes by just Lightning now. Real world reason is that the name is more modern. In-universe, it's because people mistook for for the Living Laser, who of course is a villain!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It is not so simple he was absent for a long time except for some cameos in some historys.

Some former friends of the Avengers West Coast suffered the same fate or worse.

There are several characters that have potential but for some reason do not please fans or even writers. But this can change everything he needs is opportunity, a good writer and a good story. Maybe his moment has finally come or maybe he dies in a heroic sacrifice and is forgotten again anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I and quiet a few others have gotten excited about characters who haven't done anything yet all the time.

Moon Girl and Kamala Khan are both examples.
    Why? Unless you really trust the creator to do something interesting with them, which I think is more to the credit of the writer.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 01-23-2018 at 10:03 AM.

[ Insert Peep Here ]

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And maybe most of us weren't reading comics when he was around in the past? He dates back to the early 90s, that's about 25 years ago.

A West Coast Avenger, yes. He goes by just Lightning now. Real world reason is that the name is more modern. In-universe, it's because people mistook for for the Living Laser, who of course is a villain!
    This is even funnier lol. I mean, I get sometimes thinking of cool eye-catching codenames must be hard, but c'mon now...

I read the West Coast Avengers when he was on it. I neither loved or hated the character. He was okay. An Hispanic character was a welcome addition to the team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think your in-universe reason just might be the real-world reason as well.

I remember a lot of people talking about him once it was announced he'd be part of the storyline.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

He's such a D-List character and a blip on the scene I had forgotten about him entirely.
    By saying "he's back" implies he's a recurring character now somewhere I take it? He has largely stayed 'gone' for much of his existence.

Maybe he should just adopt an entirely new moniker like some other heroes have done. Just 'Lightning' doesn't work for me either.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime