Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Guess who showed up in Deadpool: Assassin #2?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    And rocking some big hair. lol
    yes 2 very big....hairs
    Anyone else getting a MadMax vibe?

7e07367f931a110f7351a968f06c2d86--draculaura-tina-turner.jpg

Mighty Member

And rocking some big hair. lol

I don't think we've seen her in a min.
    we havent.. I always thought she was an interesting character. Unique power .I wish she had been snatched up by the Xmen Blue team and made an hero.. Her power issues could have gave her a kinship with ROgue and Cyclops. i also would have added so much needed diversity to the main team at the time.. Storm can be the only blk woman for the entirety of the x men.. I mean hell we got Storm, charlotte and stevie were humans who had character points, then Monet, then CeCe then Frenzy with a few others added on here and there. Poor Oya, Cipher and Decay.. i always wondered why a blk female mutant was never introduced during the new mutants era.. Like just one would have worked. I would have even been ok with her being an hellion.

Extraordinary Member

All those scans of Sync has given me feels.

I really thought he had a bright future as an X-Man character.

Ugh, they made Storm and Bishop light skinned on this cover

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Ugh, they made Storm and Bishop light skinned on this cover
    This pic is in some serious need of Sunspot and Dani and M
    The real question is....
    What DaFuq is up with Bishops hair???

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    This pic is in some serious need of Sunspot and Dani and M
    The real question is....
    What DaFuq is up with Bishops hair???
    Nah, cause then we would've seen Whitespot and Valley Girl Monet. Two things I could go without seeing. I'd say the only way you could mess up Storm & Bishop's color/hair that bad is if you've never met a black person in your life, but I don't want to be mean to poor ol' Liefeld. Remember his X-Men Red cover with Gentle?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Nah, cause then we would've seen Whitespot and Valley Girl Monet. Two things I could go without seeing. I'd say the only way you could mess up Storm & Bishop's color/hair that bad is if you've never met a black person in your life, but I don't want to be mean to poor ol' Liefeld. Remember his X-Men Red cover with Gentle?
    The new age rule. Only light skin, or almost-white black folk are acceptable.

The dark skin is reserved for villains, like Wolverine's new foe. Persephone

Least it appears to be the way for the X-Office. For editors & writers who talk so much about diversity, they don't seem to wanna have too many black characters, nor have them being "too black" unless they're villainous & not supposed to be liked.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    All those scans of Sync has given me feels.

I really thought he had a bright future as an X-Man character.
    Oh well he's in super hero afterlife welcoming Hotspot-whose crime was to be a Teen Titan.

The new age rule. Only light skin, or almost-white black folk are acceptable.

The dark skin is reserved for villains, like Wolverine's new foe. Persephone

Least it appears to be the way for the X-Office. For editors & writers who talk so much about diversity, they don't seem to wanna have too many black characters, nor have them being "too black" unless they're villainous & not supposed to be liked.
    It's so f^cking annoying it's f^nny

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąяÂ¥ Tycon View Post
    Well, if we're using that criteria, then you can safely Liefield's never met any human beings period. Especially any humans with feet...

Apocalypse is losing his X-gene or something like that. He's becoming human, and I guess the artist and colorist didn't want to draw him as black so they gave him a white host.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Apocalypse is losing his X-gene or something like that. He's becoming human, and I guess the artist and colorist didn't want to draw him as black so they gave him a white host.

I was literally thinking that to myself, "Why is he white?". Did the artist forget that Egyptians were not Caucasian and didn't really migrate back from Europe til much closer to 1500 BC?

To be fair, the text says he is devolving. Notice all the hair. He's clearly subhuman now, like Neanderthal or something. Barely cognitive.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    To be fair, the text says he is devolving. Notice all the hair. He's clearly subhuman now, like Neanderthal or something. Barely cognitive.
    Neanderthals have their origins in Europe and only known to exist in Europe and certain parts of asia. There is no way that Apocalypse (if he is African in origin) would ever be a Neanderthal. So the idea of subhuman life evolving from Neanderthals is still deeply rooted in Eurocentric thinking.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-15-2018 at 01:48 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Noticed that too. :|