Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Looking at the solicits for the Age of X-Man crossover got me feeling some type of way lol Ugh it's like almost totally totally all White....
    Marvelous... Has Bald Storm and for some reason Nature Girl....*rollseyes* NextGen: Only book that features more than one non white X-man on the cover. But only features Anole, Rockslide, Armor,etc
    THE X-TREMISTS: Jubilee...yellowface Psylocke abd a white.. looking character called Moneta(?) Sooooo much Ugggh
    Nightcrawler:Kurt(of course) Meggan, Magma, and Kylun
    Xtracts: *Freaky looking* Mutants with White Kid Apocalypse, Dazzler, Kitty, Blonde for some reason Alive)EyeBoy, with new character (Who looks a LOOOT like idie but whose powers seemingly cause her to appear almost nude)
    Prisoner of X: only thought of it seems to have a lot of minority Mutants as main characters ...has a black dude in handcuffs on the cover of the first issue lol
    Marvelous: Nature Girl......isn't white. She's Chinese. Not saying that
    X-Tremists: That is white Betsy. But Leah did say that she asked about Kwannon, Dust, Bishop, Maggott, and Dani (and others) but they were all busy elsewhere in other books doing big things.
    http://handaxe.tumblr.com/post/18031...ine-up-was-for

Xtracts: What makes you think Kid Apoc is white? If Evan grew that hair out, that'd definitely be 4b. They did get rid of Kitty's curls which suck, but that's three black characters on the roster.
    Prisoner X: you didn't even talk about the fact that the writer is a nonbinary, black woman.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post

And Emma is to be trusted? Say what you want about Shaw, at least he is upfront about who and what he is. He is a villian and thats good, he is not acting like someone he's not. Unlike Emma who plays games, lies and manipulates and asks for help then turns around and betrays those she seeks help from. Shaw was pushed to the side for Emma's benefit, to place her in a position of power. And Shaw who is a great character with tons of potential and the might of the HFC behind him could of been a great antagonist for the X-men going forward. But instead that was all done away with so Emma can be the queen bee. The funny thing is Emma was as complicit in all the shady things the HFC did as much as Shaw, she benefitted from all the resources the club provided. But now she's seen the light, she sat with all the family members and listened to them and decided that she had to take over and make a change; what a load of crap! Did she tell those same club members that their loved ones died because she was being hunted and used them as sacrifical lambs or that she had a hand in all the clubs dirty deeds, of course not. Why would she when she could use their deaths as an opportunity to seize power for herself. Because that's what Emma is, an opportunist. But lets hang the toxic masculinity, abusive, chauvinist label on Shaw. That makes it much easier to cheer and support Emma, after all its canon now that she was just another poor victim of Shaw's abuse and not a willing and equal partner in all his schemes.
    this post is nothing but truth!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-20-2018 at 11:53 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Marvelous: Nature Girl......isn't white. She's Chinese. Not saying that
    yeah I recognize that Nature Girl is Chinese I just think the X-Men have been coasting on their diversity by keeping Storm front&center on the covers of Comics/Events and rotating a slightly different Asian girl (Jubilee, Armor, now Nature Girl) in and out

X-Tremists: That is white Betsy.
    oh **** my Bad. Good for the OG Betsy tho lol
    But Leah did say that she asked about Kwannon, Dust, Bishop, Maggott, and Dani (and others) but they were all busy elsewhere in other books doing big things.
    http://handaxe.tumblr.com/post/18031...ine-up-was-for
    Whaaaaaaaat? That's awesome Those characters were asked about/sucky they weren't able to be featured.
    Buuuuut
    WTF is up with the Moneta character???
    Xtracts: What makes you think Kid Apoc is white? If Evan grew that hair out, that'd definitely be 4b. They did get rid of Kitty's curls which suck, but that's three black characters on the roster.
    What's 4B? And just going on the blue-eyed, Straight black hair, 616 version of Kid Apocalypse He read as white to me. As for characters ethnicity when it comes to Kid Apocalypse and En Sabah Nur if they don't look like and if it isn't brought up are they considered Black, Chinese, or Native etc within the context of Book/Story arc??
    Prisoner X: you didn't even talk about the fact that the writer is a nonbinary, black woman.
    lol I guess I shoulda made it clear that I'm looking forward to Prisoner of X just thought it was funny Bishop was on the cover in handcuffs Dang had no idea Vita was penning this...my fault for not paying attention as I thought 'The Wilds' was pretty good

Shan and Dani are on Uncanny! But, that's it. But there have been hints that other XMOC™ (patented X-Men of color) are gonna show up somewhere else:

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...693514759?s=19
    Rosenberg: I can't spoil things but there are reasons all 3 of those people aren't on this team. And Storm and Bishop.
    excuses. always excuses.

Kwannon and Dust are gonna be busy too.

Mighty Member

Shan and Dani are on Uncanny! But, that's it. But there have been hints that other XMOC™ (patented X-Men of color) are gonna show up somewhere else:

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...693514759?s=19

excuses. always excuses.

Kwannon and Dust are gonna be busy too.
    Pretty much. You have to give up hope on those creators getting it. Its outside of their range. Our real hope is for marvel to employ more men and women of color. Your lived experience shapes your work so thats really the only way we are going to have well rounded books.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Pretty much. You have to give up hope on those creators getting it. Its outside of their range. Our real hope is for marvel to employ more men and women of color. Your lived experience shapes your work so thats really the only way we are going to have well rounded books.
    Sadly even that isn't guaranteed to help. If it was him, from the pix I have seen, Chris Robinson is black. The editor for Weapon X. But he didn't put a stop to Monet's whitewashing..
    Attachment 75264
    Attachment 75265

Sadly, sometimes Marvel just seems hopeless in terms of any kind of progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Sadly even that isn't guaranteed to help. If it was him, from the pix I have seen, Chris Robinson is black. The editor for Weapon X. But he didn't put a stop to Monet's whitewashing..
    Attachment 75264
    Attachment 75265

Sadly, sometimes Marvel just seems hopeless in terms of any kind of progression.
    Well Ba Humbug!

What's 4B?
    Curly/"nappy" hair.

And just going on the blue-eyed, Straight black hair, 616 version of Kid Apocalypse He read as white to me. As for characters ethnicity when it comes to Kid Apocalypse and En Sabah Nur if they don't look like and if it isn't brought up are they considered Black, Chinese, or Native etc within the context of Book/Story arc??
    Zac actually just anwsered an ask talking about Apocalypse and Genesis' blackness.

https://twitter.com/ZacBeThompson/st...970682368?s=19

It oddly confirms their blackness while simultaneously trying to erase that fact on the basis of his mutation. It's kind of like saying: "Roxy was originally black American, so yeah...but now she's a purple diamond girl." And even with this logic, however, Evan should still be black no matter if he's born "blue" or not.

I read Evan as black in the same way that Penance is. Their existences have been framed on the template of a black person so they, by extension, should be 'black' on a technicality. But the wavy hair and blue eyes are...yeah. But also, AoA Blink was largely drawn without any Afro-features with the exception of recent titles. I hope the same goes down for En Sabah Nur and Evan Sabahnur (even tho we're inevitably gonna get those trolls who call Marvel anti-white because of it).

Curly/"nappy" hair.

Zac actually just anwsered an ask talking about Apocalypse and Genesis' blackness.

It oddly confirms their blackness while simultaneously trying to erase that fact on the basis of his mutation. It's kind of like saying: "Roxy was originally black American, so yeah...but now she's a purple diamond girl." And even with this logic, however, Evan should still be black no matter if he's born "blue" or not.

I read Evan as black in the same way that Penance is. Their existences have been framed on the template of a black person so they, by extension, should be 'black' on a technicality. But the wavy hair and blue eyes are...yeah. But also, AoA Blink was largely drawn without any Afro-features with the exception of recent titles. I hope the same goes down for En Sabah Nur and Evan Sabahnur (even tho we're inevitably gonna get those trolls who call Marvel anti-white because of it).
    It is a long battle to explain Race and Ethnicity to people.Yeah it is frustrating at times .Not acknowledging Genesis and Apoccy is like saying Colossus is silver don't worry about him being Caucasian or Russian

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is a long battle to explain Race and Ethnicity to people.Yeah it is frustrating at times .Not acknowledging Genesis and Apoccy is like saying Colossus is silver don't worry about him being Caucasian or Russian
    The fact that no X-fan would say that Mystique or Beast aren't white because they're blue, yet people jump over tables to erase Blink, Penance, Apocalypse, and Genesis' blackness speaks volumes. And this is not helped by the X-Office remaining idle and refusing to make it known that those characters aren't white, not unless it comes directly from the author. Had Saladin Ahmed not made Blink's blackness explicit, she would have continued to be drawn Asian-coded.

Curly/"nappy" hair.

Wow, that tweet made me cringe and it just speaks volumes to the amount of ignorance when it comes to many Caucasians

Curly/"nappy" hair.
    oh.
    No wonder I didn't know what it meant...I got that 'Good Hair' lol
    I read Evan as black in the same way that Penance is. Their existences have been framed on the template of a black person
    Hmmm I remember reading GenX and reading Penance as Black, can't really remember why tho Care to elaborate the reasons you read as such?
    The fact that no X-fan would say that Mystique or Beast aren't white because they're blue, yet people jump over tables to erase Blink, Penance, Apocalypse, and Genesis' blackness speaks volumes.
    Riiight like Damn! Seems like Black I the only skin color you CAN'T have on the X-Men
    And this is not helped by the X-Office remaining idle and refusing to make it known that those characters aren't white, not unless it comes directly from the author.
    Shiiiiiit I mean even then if a character becomes popular..all these white/nonblack family members start showing up either as previously unrevealed characters or the HeadCanon of most"fans"
    Had Saladin Ahmed not made Blink's blackness explicit, she would have continued to be drawn Asian-coded.
    they don't say shiiiiit about characters of different hues UNTIL you say their black.Sooo glad Ahmed confirmed It for Blink but I was gonna correct people on her ethnicity as long as their ignorance rears it's head lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow, that tweet made me cringe and it just speaks volumes to the amount of ignorance when it comes to many Caucasians
    I know it wasn't your intention but it's not only white fans ignorance but minorities arent innocent. A friend whos a middle school teacher does remedial reading the day before school let out for Xmas I got Into an passionate (for me) conversation with a kid about not assuming the different skinned heroes were White. But before that my Korean friend had yo check Mr on being blasé on the idea of Asians being interchangeable in TV) Movies.On Twitter the people excited to see the New Mutants get on my GOTTDAMN nerves (but i mostly pass their ignorance w/o commenting lol)but when it's a black/Brown person Sooooo excited about seeing a movie basically whiting out their skin I gotta say something

Hmmm I remember reading GenX and reading Penance as Black, can't really remember why tho Care to elaborate the reasons you read as such?
    Since Penance never got that secret backstory from Lobdell, we know that Emplate created her to be a "holding" cell for Monet based off of her. When Monet and the twins eventually freed themselves from Penance, she still remained as a person. Penance is essentially just Monet but red, spiky, and mute and therefore should still be considered black despite her abnormal color.

Bringing this out of the thread ditch because we’ll definitely be needing it later today.

Have to say, I had absolutely no idea Blink is Afro-Jamaican until that Exiles series.