Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Neanderthals have their origins in Europe and only known to exist in Europe and certain parts of asia. There is no way that Apocalypse (if he is African in origin) would ever be a Neanderthal. So the idea of subhuman life evolving from Neanderthals is still deeply rooted in Eurocentric thinking.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal
    Neanderthals did exist in the near East, just across the Sinai in Israel, as near as 55,000 years ago. And their genetic material does appear in people to this day; this is not "Eurocentric" thinking, this is scientific fact. Homo sapiens and Neanderthals crossbreed in ancient times. If any of Apocalypes's host bodies had a drop of Neanderthal ancestry, this devolution would makes sense.

Further, Apocalypses's original body was born in Akkaba/Aqaba, which is in present day Jordan, and thus would be well within Neanderthal territory.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 10-16-2018 at 06:42 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Apocalypse was clearly black in his early appearances

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    What DaFuq is up with Bishops hair???
    It's better than the other variant where you can see 90% of his scalp through his locks.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Neanderthals did exist in the near East, just across the Sinai in Israel, as near as 55,000 years ago. And their genetic material does appear in people to this day; this is not "Eurocentric" thinking, this is scientific fact. Homo sapiens and Neanderthals crossbreed in ancient times. If any of Apocalypes's host bodies had a drop of Neanderthal ancestry, this devolution would makes sense.

Further, Apocalypses's original body was born in Akkaba/Aqaba, which is in present day Jordan, and thus would be well within Neanderthal territory.
    Currently earliest fossils of Neanderthals in Europe are dated between 430,000 to 450,000 years ago, and thereafter Neanderthals expanded into Southwest and Central Asia.

I'm not certain where you are getting your information from but Neanderthals have their origins within Europe and some parts of Asia (which would not constitute Jordan or any of that region (see image below).

400px-Range_of_Neanderthals_in_the_Levant.jpg

Also I agree they did breed outside of their species with homo sapiens but this all occurred within regions taken from the wiki reference above (europe and asia).

Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-16-2018 at 07:23 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Currently earliest fossils of Neanderthals in Europe are dated between 430,000 to 450,000 years ago, and thereafter Neanderthals expanded into Southwest and Central Asia.

I'm not certain where you are getting your information from but Neanderthals have their origins within Europe and some parts of Asia (which would not constitute Jordan or any of that region (see image below).

Also I agree they did breed outside of their species with homo sapiens but this all occurred within regions taken from the wiki reference above (europe and asia).

The middle east is considered Asia. All non-sub Saharan African humans(which would include Egypt) have traces of Neanderthal DNA. Humans and Neanderthals interbreed

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

The middle east is considered Asia. All non-sub Saharan African humans(which would include Egypt) have traces of Neanderthal DNA. Humans and Neanderthals interbreed
    agreed and understood but at least based upon my references the area of Jordan and the location where apocalypse was from (coastal region) were not inhabited by Neanderthals.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

agreed and understood but at least based upon my references the area of Jordan and the location where apocalypse was from (coastal region) were not inhabited by Neanderthals.
    You honestly are going to contest a few miles 50,000 years after the fact? My point is all non sub-Saharans have trace amounts of Neanderthal DNA, and Akkaba is not south of the Sahara. If there are definite crossbreed Neanderthals from 55,000 years ago in Israel, I think it is safe to say that there could be some Neanderthal DNA floating around in Jordan.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0047765
    Last edited by yogaflame; 10-16-2018 at 08:53 AM.

There is the mutant LightBright but I don’t believe she has ever been in an X-book.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    There is the mutant LightBright but I don’t believe she has ever been in an X-book.
    Ooh, I like her. Nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Apocalypse was clearly black in his early appearances

Lots of races have brown skin.

Ooh, I like her. Nice find!
    I could see her on an X-Factor type book.

F71547EA-3595-40A2-AEC1-D2DD5D04D2BB.jpg
    655631B4-B7C7-464F-9492-F0022D8003E6.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 10-17-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Lots of races have brown skin.
    yeah and he belonged to one that does

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It's better than the other variant where you can see 90% of his scalp through his locks.
    lol I always thought those were supposed to be corn rows
    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Apocalypse is losing his X-gene or something like that. He's becoming human, and I guess the artist and colorist didn't want to draw him as black so they gave him a white host.

You know Marvel can't have any minority mutants ESPECIALLY black Mutants be important to the X-Mythos. They can't even give the offensive powers. None have been crucial to any crossover event except for living vatteruex during The Twelve mess...if they aren't depowered, they are a stand alone character with almost ZERO stakes in mutantdom outside the little importance the X-Men pieces out for them.... Apocalypse? One of the only villians not to join the Xmen..no siblings whole clan of followers who are his decendents only manages to produce a pale Brit and a pink girl that's killed off/ exiled to other dimensions the moment she might be black younger less evil clone appears but already got the Sunspot treatment meanwhile...Xavier has a 2000 year old ancestor recently discovered to be Alive. And 2 future kids Storm..no siblings, cousin, nothing.... one alternate child barely spoken to then gone, Alternate counterpart barely more than background Dead... Sunspot getting lighter the more exposure he gets....no siblings, or family, evil future counterpart really ectoplasm Askani knowledge forgotten, nowhere to be seen for cables death... Cannonball has numerous siblings and a kid. Bishop... Has a sister!!! She's dead but she's a Hologram she's dead no kids Cable has clones and 3 different versions of himself running around Synch....lots of siblings... All adopted Dead... Hope Summers meanwhile.....M lots of blood realted siblings!! Gets Sunspot treatment... Emplate...big threat in future yet only so far managed to antagonize one of the only black Mutants... sister's in limbo meanwhile Mastermind keeps having kids pop up, and Emma's clones are in triplicate, and another one of her siblings is revealed to be a mutant the 05 are everyone's priority Maggot...dead.resurrected stays blue....n a support group for being a different color CeCe Reyes .. brother works for O.N.E. Tattoo/Radian...depowered Dead meanwhile Glob...Ink..Prodigy Depowered Oya...crazy...no siblingsTriage seemingly no siblings limbo Gentle... No siblings Tag...dead Bling...no siblings meanwhile Wolverines clone gets clones!!

Storm in particular deserves better. But as long as X-editorial considers her to be their -- ahem-- property-- then all uses of her in the "broader" Marvel Universe are going to get challenged severely. Her tenure with Black Panther was scandalized until what finally happened, happened.

BANNED

Apoc is a symbol of Racial Superiority. The fact people are arguing over his skin color is laughable.

Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao Zedong, Ghadaffi, Mugabe, Marcos....evil comes in all shapes, sizes, and colors.